Love, Necessity and Pride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Re: Love, Necessity and Pride

All I know is this, If all boat MFG's were as concientious with their fabrication and glassin as you are, none of us would have to be restoring out boats!!!;)

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Kinda hate to cover all those pretty stringers up with a deck! Nice stuff GT !:cool:

FlaCowboy

Ensign

All I know is this, If all boat MFG's were as concientious with their fabrication and glassin as you are, none of us would have to be restoring out boats!!!;)

True...but there would be a long line waiting on their boats from the MFG :D:D

Great job there GT...I have not posted much but I have been watching this thread closely. Keep up the good work :)

Trooper82

Commander

Glad you got chance to get some boat work in GT. looking great as always.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Well alrighty then.. Nice looking knee stringers you got there:)

Thank you, Sir...:)

Thank you, But then none of us would have gotten to know each other, and in my opinion, not only do I extend a hearty thank you to less than perfect factory work, Getting to know all of the super guys here on iboats, has made this one of the finest endeavors I have ever been a part of...:D

Kinda hate to cover all those pretty stringers up with a deck! Nice stuff GT !:cool:

Thanks S.P., the thought of a lexan deck crossed my mind, but then I would have to screw it down and possibly cause water infiltration into the stringers...plus it might be kinda slippery...:rolleyes:

Decker83

Commander

I am glad to see you doing some glass work. It looks great.
Hope the weather holds out for you. Would like to see all the stringers glassed in. :D

Keep up the great looking work my friend.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Glad you got chance to get some boat work in GT. looking great as always.

Thanks Troop, saw what happened with your keyhole...no biggie, a little grindy-grindy, some more resin and mat and you will be Golden...looking great!

True...but there would be a long line waiting on their boats from the MFG :D:D

Great job there GT...I have not posted much but I have been watching this thread closely. Keep up the good work :)

Thanks Cowboy, I appreciate it...

I am glad to see you doing some glass work. It looks great.
Hope the weather holds out for you. Would like to see all the stringers glassed in. :D

Keep up the great looking work my friend.

Thank you, Sir...I am striving for some serious put-back this weekend...stay tuned...BTW, your ship is looking SOLID!

rrumba

Ensign

GT, nice progress your making. will be one sweet long lasting ride. keep up the great work

Jon Sob

Master Chief Petty Officer

Great glass work GT .... Everything is looking good.

craigweaver

Chief Petty Officer

GUS!!!! man you are rockin! love the reloads, yet another reason we get along so well. Those knee stringers are kickin. I'm pretty sure you're gonna have a splash date right along with me about the same time. How about a lexan deck coated with 1708. Still pretty clear and rough enough not to slip :)

Have a great weekend of work buddy!

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

I'll second this!

Shoot, with that kind of quality workmanship I might even.......

Naaaaaaaaaa:p:D

vcaptain

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nice work GT, it's coming together fast now!

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

GT, nice progress your making. will be one sweet long lasting ride. keep up the great work

Thank you rrumba, It won't be long before I have to add it to my estate as a gift to future generations...:D

Great glass work GT .... Everything is looking good.

Thanks Jon...

GUS!!!! man you are rockin! love the reloads, yet another reason we get along so well. Those knee stringers are kickin. I'm pretty sure you're gonna have a splash date right along with me about the same time. How about a lexan deck coated with 1708. Still pretty clear and rough enough not to slip

Have a great weekend of work buddy!

Thanks Brutha, gotta keep the stockpiles full...hopefully we'll both get 'em wet sooner than later...

I'll second this!

Shoot, with that kind of quality workmanship I might even.......

Naaaaaaaaaa

Darn, and here I thought maybe, just maybe...

jas...... Come to the light!!!!!

The bright, glittery fiberglass light...

Nice work GT, it's coming together fast now!

Thanks V, feeling the progress for sure...

OK, soooo...

The weather has cooperated in a most pleasant way and some progrees has been attained...

I reinforced the entire hull in preparation for the PB'ing and CSM'ing of the Knee Stringers and the next major step...

DSCF1785.jpg

DSCF1788.jpg

DSCF1791.jpg

Did some minor glassing around the limber holes on the knee stringers...

DSCF1789.jpg

And did a little test fitting of the crossbrace...

DSCF1792.jpg

If all goes well, tomorrow will see the Knee Stringers getting PB'd and CSM'd at least 75% in, and if time permits, I want to have the crossbrace installed...

After that, my next major step involves the "Big Flip"...

Hope everyone is having a super-productive weekend...

vcaptain

Petty Officer 1st Class

Wow, great progress, and you are making it look like you do this for a living. Really nice job!

Trooper82

Commander

Nice GT, I like the attention to the little details...make sure everything is just right. Going to be one hell of a hull when you get finished.

Glad you got some good weather this weekend.

Keep on keeping on!

jbcurt00

Staff member

Man, that crossbrace is going to make it uber strong, looking great! Have a great Sunday............

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Crossbrace looks like a perfect fit everything braced and ready to go and the most important tool under the bbe is that big yellow fan!!
Looks like your all set and I assume the cold beverages are chillin for afterwords !!

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Wow... After seeing all this ^^^^, I feel like a sloppy, inadequate, shadetree loser... I am impressed... I basically just threw my stringers in and eyeballed it and said "yeah, looks close enough." Turns out there appears to be a little more professional and thorough way to do that :facepalm::)

Great work Gus!

Status
Not open for further replies.