Iraqi Prison Fiasco Revenge

aspeck

Staff member
Re: Iraqi Prison Fiasco Revenge

"I am now officially sick-and-tired of the self-serving and largely uninformed hand-wringing about the goings on at Abu Ghraib prison outside of Baghdad. As someone who has actually been on the grounds of Abu Ghraib prison, let me explain a few things. First of all, there is no excuse for what a few soldiers did; but there is also no reason to make this into the moral equivalent of the Black Plague. It should be pointed out that the prisoners at Abu Ghraib are not Boy Scouts rounded up for jaywalking. These are bad guys who either blew up or shot a coalition member; or were caught assembling an explosive device; or were caught in a place where the makings of explosive devices were found; or were caught with a cache of weapons. See the pattern here? In short they were trying to kill me and others like me. And if they succeeded in doing that, they were going to come over there and try to kill you. ... The Roar du Jour from those who want to get into this story by beating their chests over how terrible it all is, keep telling us that this has damaged American credibility in the Middle East. Let's look at that. First, lots of Arabs don't like us in the first place. Those Arabs will not like us any less for this incident. That dislike has nothing to do with our cultural insensitivities. It has to do with America's refusal to allow those same Arabs, many of whom have been bankrolling the Palestinian terrorists for decades, to wipe the State of Israel off the face of the Earth they way they have wiped it off the face of their maps. Second, those who claim that the Abu Ghraib situation will poison the well of American goodwill for decades, are really the ones who are under rating Arabs. They have to believe that all Arabs will assign the actions of perhaps a couple of dozen soldiers to the 280 million Americans who have pledged to help the Iraqis attain security, independence, and prosperity. Those making that claim must, therefore, believe that all Arabs have the intellectual capacity of a frog (a real frog, not a French person) and the emotional development of a three-year-old (a real three-year-old, not a French person). Finally, our friends on the Left are so very, very concerned about how foreigners (read, Europeans) will see us. I don't care what the French, the Germans, or the Spaniards think about us. The French and the Germans are up to their elbows in the fraud and theft of billions of dollars in what is called the Oil-for-Food Program but which was really the Oil-for-Palaces Program. ... The actions of a few soldiers in Abu Ghraib were wrong. But we cannot allow the spotlight currently shining on them to cast a shadow over the other 135,000 soldiers who are in Iraq doing their jobs professionally, properly, and with honor." -- Rich Galen a frontline freedom fighter

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Thank you, Aspeck.<br />That says it all.<br />Just let me get my hands on a building full of these mutant pigs! There wont be any "peramids" (breathing ones, anyhow).

Stratosfied

Ensign

Take my advice, If you watch this video, make sure that your kids are gone. Very Disturbing.

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer

Not too detract from the horrific nature of the film, and I certainly don't condone their actions, but come on...<br /><br />If you are going to chop the head off an American prisoner in a HUGE political statement, get a better camera. The sound and picture quality are both substandard.

18rabbit

Captain

Originally posted by wilkin250r:<br /><br /><br />If you are going to chop the head off an American prisoner in a HUGE political statement, get a better camera. The sound and picture quality are both substandard.
The website with the original video has been taken down. At best you can only get access to a copy of a copy of a copy of a ….

cmyers_uk

Senior Chief Petty Officer

It strange some nut does a deplorable act and the appropriate response for some people on this BB seems to be nuke them. <br /><br />There are 100's of thousands of civilians there little children , women with no axe to grind with the US but you propose vaporise them because of what terrorists murder one american. <br /><br />Do a search in google and view some of the pictures from hiroshima do you really want to do that to people?<br /><br />Hunt the terorist down, execute them but dont exterminate 1000's because of the actions of a few.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Chris, take the blinders off.<br />The women and children also want to kill our men and women over there.<br />They have bombs strapped to their bodies and walk up and KABOOOMMMM, more dead Americans.<br /><br />They don't care about their well being at all.<br />They are doing something great in their eyes.<br /><br />They know nothing but hate and to kill.

cmyers_uk

If thats the case why did your government state you were going over to liberate them. If you dont think they want liberating you can always leave, alternatively finish what you started and deal with the terrorists.

Carphunter

Commander

The way I see it is, your either with the United States, or against us. The liberal way of thinking is getting people killed over there. <br /><br />I got a question, why was this fella over there in the first place? Ya know, if its the 1940s, and I'm and American, walking through some Japenese city might not be a good idea. Just curious why this guy didn't have enough sense to stay out of Iraq right now.<br /><br />The soldiers have enough to worry about over there, without having to protect a bunch of civilians that shouldn't be there in the first place. Get everybody out, except the soldiers.<br />Better yet, get everybody out, including the soldiers, and wipe these scum from the planet.<br />(Hows that Chris) ;) <br /><br />You say look at the pictures from Hyroshima(sp), I say, look at all the American lives that were saved because of those two bombs dropped on Japan.<br />We sat here and didn't do a thing, and Pearl Harbor happened, they got what they deserved, and in the process learned a valuable lesson.<br />We were sitting here, not doing a thing, and 9/11 happened. Its time to teach some of those lessons again.

ebbtide176

Commander

chris a nuclear situation would be apalling, i agree. most of these coments are just rants, cause we normally have level heads here, i seem to recall... ? :) <br /><br />and at least we know many of the people apprec us, and even some are tryin to run the foreign jihadists out of densely populated areas,mosques, etc.<br /><br />personally, i had to describe the video to some others who haven't seen it and don't really need to see it, and i had the shakes worse describing it than watching it. i would have volunteered personally to execute those 5 had i been outside that door that day. it makes me feel the jihadists truely are human trash deserving worse than Berg got. they strap exposives to their own children and becoming martyrs, but yet hide behind their masks like cowards, using women & children as shields. <br /><br />i remembered reading long ago that there are some christians over there, so i found this little tidbit:<br />Religious and Ethnic Divisions: At least 95 percent of population adheres to some form of Islam. Government gives number of Shias (see Glossary) as 55 percent but probably 60 to 65 percent is reasonable figure. Most Iraqi Shias are Arabs. Almost all Kurds, approximately 19 percent of population, are Sunnis (see Glossary), together with about 13 percent Sunni Arabs. Total Arab population in 1987 given by government as 76 percent. Remainder of population small numbers of Turkomans, mostly Sunni Muslims; Assyrians and Armenians, predominantly Christians; Yazidis, of Kurdish stock with a syncretistic faith; and a few Jews.

18rabbit

Captain

Chris - Our government did it because your government told us to. Your government is the cowardly little brother that ekes his brain-dead bigger brother (our government) into fighting his fights whenever possible. It’s history that repeats itself. Get yourself some grommet popcorn with a pint of ale, sit back, and watch. It’s all good entertainment. :D

cmyers_uk

I thought we were your static aircraft carrier :p

18rabbit

Captain

Originally posted by Carphunter:<br /> <br />You say look at the pictures from Hyroshima(sp), I say, look at all the American lives that were saved because of those two bombs dropped on Japan.<br />We sat here and didn't do a thing, and Pearl Harbor happened, they got what they deserved, and in the process learned a valuable lesson.<br />We were sitting here, not doing a thing, and 9/11 happened. Its time to teach some of those lessons again.
Japan was nuked to keep the communist out. Japan had effective surrender to Stalin and was pressing for him to communicate that to Truman. He did. The US spun the whole thing to appear as if Stalin was making the decision and we urged him not to respond to the Japanese surrender knowing full well we would be dropping a bomb in a few days.<br /><br />After the first bomb was dropped on Hiroshima, Stalin instantly moved up his invasion of Manchuria by a week trying to get to Japan before it surrendered to the US. The race was on. Japan’s royalty was desperately trying to end the war, but its military faction was convinced it could stave off a US invasion. Japan paused, the US dropped the second bomb, Stalin continued into North Korea, and that is where the war is now…paused and unfinished in Korea.<br /><br />Had the Japanese military been allowed to confront invading US forces, estimates are 250,000 - 500,000 American solders dead. 750,000 – 1,500,000 Japanese dead. Total of between 1 and 2 million people would have died, compared to the ½ million that was the result of the two bombs.<br /><br />What did Japan realize by us not letting her surrender when it tried to? Look at the post-WWII history of Berlin. Timing prevented Stalin from claiming his share of Japan. By dropping the bombs we were able to successfully end the war quickly and preserve Japan as a single country, surrendered only to the US, that could be rehabilitated and made autonomous again. And in so doing we also saved about twice as many Japanese lives as were lost.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

An interesting speech, at a Senate Armed Services Hearing on Iraqi Prisoner Treatment. Sums it up pretty well. Yes, I know, he's a Republican, but if you see it any different.......<br /><br /> http://inhofe.senate.gov/preleases.htm

cmyers_uk

Carphunter & 18rabbit Im convinced bomb them but surely france should get a little kicking while were at it. They supply UK forces with ammunition and have refused to do it because we are in Iraq.

18rabbit

Captain

Chris - Since when have the French ever liked the British?<br /><br />The last time I was in Paris an Englishman walked up to me ask "you American?" <br />"Yes."<br />"Oh. You're the only people the French hate more than us."<br /><br />True conversation! :D <br /><br />Edit: I probably didn’t help things. After about 10-days I got into my head everyone in Paris was named Pierre. And since I have a habit of referring to people by their first name, it didn’t always go over well. I sure I must have gotten lucky on a few of them, odds are someone in Paris is named Pierre, but they hid it well.

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by 18rabbit:<br /> The website with the original video has been taken down. At best you can only get access to a copy of a copy of a copy of a ….
That should apply to the first original analog copy, but each subsequent digital copy should be an exact replica without any degredation in quality.<br /><br />
Originally posted by SBN:<br />The women and children also want to kill our men and women over there.<br />They have bombs strapped to their bodies and walk up and KABOOOMMMM, more dead Americans.<br />
I don't agree with this statement. Yes, the groups that we are fighting are radical extremists with a very different (and twisted) ethical system, but they are small groups. The general civilian population of Iraq is overwhelmingly supportive of the U.S. involvement. One study I came across showed a 75% SUPPORT for our actions. However, the only thing you are going to see on TV is the negative responses portraying this war as a mistake.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I just heard that the men are putting bombs on the women and kids while they hide behind masks.<br /><br />So I stand by my reply.<br />They are killing our men and women.

bobingardner

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I've heard reports that some pictures suggest that a detainee was attacked by a guard-dog. Up until now I thought this whole thing was much to do about nothing. But assuming the person was unarmed, and actually naked, would that cross the threshold that seperates torture from abuse?