I'm a troll

snapperbait

Vice Admiral
Re: I'm a troll

Hi, TheRiver... <br /><br />Dude.. It's probably safe to say that I share your view about being preached too or at, but ya gotta pick your battles wisely here.. The religion thing ain't one you wanna mess with.. Folks can't discuss religion, or the lack thereof, with civility.. Been there, done that... Always ends up ugly..<br /><br />I'm to the point where if SW or whomever wants to, for lack of a better term; preach, I sit back, grab the mouse, and find something else to look at.... <br /><br />If "JB & the Mod squad" find the topic inappropriate, they'll handle it... :cool:

SoulWinner

Commander

Thank you Drowned Rat.<br /><br />I'm not trying to shove anything down anybodies throat. I just wanted to share something with like minded people on iBoats. I didn't realize I had grown a giant bullseye on my back.

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by theriver:<br />[QB] Hi Drowned Rat,<br /><br />Also let me say, <br />Benny Hin on TV living in the lap of luxury faking medical miracles, I'm tired of having people in my face pressing their Religious views. /QB]
You couldnt be more wrong!!!<br /><br />Do you honestly beleive that if this were the case that he wouldnt have been found out long before now? Sure he has made some mistakes in his life, but whom among us hasnt. If I worked as hard as he does, I would expect to be paid a handsome salary also. He gives hundreds of thousands of dollars to organizations all the time. I ask you to watch his program from front to back sometime, (more than once), and see if you still think it is fake.<br /><br />Like he hauls those wheelchairs around with him, even overseas. Get a life!!<br /><br />Be very carefull dissing one of Gods anointed.

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by SoulWinner:<br /> I didn't realize I had grown a giant bullseye on my back.
You post here, and that is exactly what you are doing. I tend to think it is on your forehead though!!! :D :D :D

Skinnywater

Commander

....... this board is so weighted with what seems to me to be A) Republicans B) war advocates, C) in reading past posts on gays and gay marriages, there is a lot of anti gay rhetoric on this site!! D) Additionally, while religion is a great thing in moderation, its a little nauseating when piled on thick.<br />......these 4 behaviors not typical of the vast majority Americans, but I can assure you, they wouldn't divulge themselves on a typical "general" web forum.<br />........There appear to be 5-10% of people in dockside chat who may share views close to mine.<br /> ..... it appears to me that so many people in this section of iboats are:<br />(at least 3 out of 4 of the following)<br />Anti Democrat<br />Anti Gay<br />Pro War<br />and Christian Extremist<br /> ........Why all the controversy over my posts?
All your numbers are flawed. <br />And it's convoluted your opinions, reasoning and perceptions. <br />There's other more basic problems like inexperience and denial.<br />And then there's that huge chip your sportin'.<br />We can get started on correcting them if you'd like.<br /><br />However if being a troll is more important to you, then what snapperbait said is clearly undisputable.

SoulWinner

Commander

LubeDude,<br /><br />Back........ forehead, with me there ain't much difference :D

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Theriver, I reckon you've got a point there and you've got the right to state your peice without fear of recrimination. I have made statements at times that I thought folk here on the Iboats forum would consider sailing too close to the wind, yet I still made them. And have been totally surprised with tyhe various outcomes. Nothing but respect and good constructive critisism comming my way. I know that as long as my approach is honest and respectfull (even when I disagree) then folk take it with due concern. Yep I feel OK with that. <br />Ross

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I once accused a guy of being a troll, and he took it personally (as a form of name-calling). I guess he was right. My understanding of the term is obviously wrong. A troll was the werk of someone fishing for discontent. (As I saw it, HE was not a "troll", but his troll was)...<br /><br />I've been trying to Avoid using the term, but some people just bring iot out in me.<br />Theriver, you have a habit of taking an oposing view on dang-nigh everything pollitical or religious.<br /><br />
Originally posted by theriver:<br /> Its not that at all. There have been a few instances where I've played devils advocate and pointed out the flip side to a situation, (like it or not), and others have not appreciated it. They say I hijacked the thread or am a troll. I feel more like I removed the rose colored glasses.<br />
<br />This "devil's advocate" opposing view is where you get into trouble, but only when you derail a thread with your advocations. Some of us choose to advocate for the other team,actually. Not many here are friendly to avocation for the devil...JK, of course, but you get the drift, i hope.<br /><br />
Originally posted by theriver:<br /><br />As far as allowing emotions into it, well, this section is a chat board. Its pretty much anonymous, although I've got nothing to hide. Hopefully we all know that if you are sensitive, this might not be the best place.
<br />Well, yes. Of course. But stay om-topic when you allow your emotions to run unchecked.<br /><br />
Originally posted by theriver:<br /><br /> Yes, I like to stir things up a bit perhaps, but in real life I can tell you I have absolutely no enemies.
<br />Then, WHY would you want a group of them here?<br />Quit stirring the pot,if the subject is the teaspoon.

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Anybody interested in the "MondayNight" football score!!!!!!! :D :D <br /><br />THERIVER!!!! Ya got them going again!!!<br />You have them so rattled that you are keeping them up to all hours of the morning!!!!! :D <br /><br />Gotta go get the wife a coffee!!!! ;) :cool: <br /><br />Happy New Year!!!! :cool:

cmyers_uk

Senior Chief Petty Officer

TheRiver, As you monitor the threads in this forum you know the views of the majority who voice them here. If you have opposite opinions and voice them expect to take some flak. The instant response to posts in direct contradiction with their views is its a troll, they dont want to hear what you have to say. If I was you accept it read the posts you dont agree with a laugh. That way there will be alot less anger in the threads and they will be alot shorter ;)

KennyKenCan

Commander

ONCE A TROLL, ALWAYS A TROLL!<br /><br />Nothing is going to change that, in your case anyway.<br /><br />Is that the way you wish to go thru life, with everyone hating you?<br /><br />I wouldn't!

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

allhail.gif

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

......"And The Winner Is"......<br />
mm2.jpg

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

Lubedude... look how long it took to unmask Jim and Tammie Fay Baker. That didn't happen overnight.

Carphunter

Commander

Are you considered a troll theriver? Why yes, you are. I got news for ya, I really enjoy responding to flaming posts with my own brand of snappy humor. So, in other words, troll away, I've dealt with much worse than you.

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

Come on guys.... a little controversy is good for ya. Lighten up a bit. We all have views that we believe. That's why America was founded so we could speak our piece without being labeled.... troll or whatever. Why not just enjoy the different viewpoints here and learn from all the different opinions here. And that WASN"T a blast at Lubedude.. just an observation. :)

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

It kills me how this guy gets everyone going.

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hi Lubedude, <br /><br />I have a better question: If he does what you think he does, why do we need hospitals and medical research?<br /><br />I have watched his show.<br />I have also watched a thorough documentary. "They" are onto him. Up to $10000 a night hotel bills? Thats where your donations go just so you know. <br />Haven't you ever noticed that they only perform "miracles" on people with non physical conditions?<br />The poor folks with paralysis and cerebral palsy and other debilities are corralled in the back 40 nowhere in sight. <br />I don't expect you to concede that its hogwash, but you might want to do some internet research. Even Christian groups don't agree with Hinn's approach.<br /><br />In the documentary I saw they followed up with 4 of 5 people who had "miracles" performed on them. These were for cancer, liver disease, aids and arthritis (one person couldn't be contacted), NONE of the ailments had been cured as implied on stage. Furthermore, it was extremely sad to see the very sick try and get to the stage but to be "filtered out" by Hinn's security. (What good is a miracle that doesn't happen in front of your eyes). It doesn't make for good TV.<br /><br />They may ship those wheelchairs around the world, but I'm afraid they are just props.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Definition of a troll<br />"Trolls" are people (or posts) that make use of a discussion forum the same way public bathroom walls are used by some for graffiti. These posts are sometimes malicious and inflammatory, racist, sexist, insulting - anything that can disrupt a discussion thread and turn attention to the troll. If you are new to these forums, and you should happen on a post that fits this description (believe me, they'll usually be quite obvious), the safest thing for you to do is to wait and see how more experienced posters respond. Chances are good that someone will leave a little "no content" message saying "troll", or something like that. And that will be the sum total of the response. The reason we don't let ourselves get baited into responding is because that's exactly what the troll wants. The entire purpose of these posts is to cause a maximum amount of mischief, and turn people away from the flow of normal dialog (and sometimes turn one person against another). If you don't feel compelled to respond to the scribblings you see in public bathrooms, then you should feel equally at ease about ignoring this type of post, too. Just ignore it, and go about your business having fun talking to everybody.