I'm a troll

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: I'm a troll

Blue Troll - A relatively benign species, interested primarily in the<br />gathering and dissemination of useful and nteresting information -- a<br />"scholar among trolls", if you will.<br /><br />Bee Troll - A species much like the above, butunfortunately, have an<br />irresistable streak inside them that will not let them dly pass up a<br />spelling mistake without correcting it.<br /><br />Grey Troll - Who posts an inflammatory comment, and then claims later<br />that they were asking a legitamate question. These trolls seem to<br />have a problem with math, as they don't make their second post on any<br />given number. Their alignment would probably be more Chaotic than the<br />Bee, or the Blue.<br /><br />Viva-Troll - Who subsists on a diet of straight caffein, and sugar<br />injections. These trolls usually embroil themselves in a flame war,<br />then post a "comeback" after every post by other users, any time of<br />day, or night.<br /><br />Math Troll - These Trolls are strictly lawful, beleiving victory can<br />only be obtained through the sheer number of posts they made. To<br />ensure their victory in a battle, they will post singular sentences<br />over numerous posts, to counter one persons idea. These trolls are<br />extremely annoying, and dangerous, seeing as how they continue to<br />attack at every turn, but say very little at what it is they are<br />attacking.<br /><br />Rip Van Troll - Who wakes up in time to be in the middle of a<br />flamewar, and decides to repost the first message on his/her<br />newsreader with a nasty comment, while the world has already moved<br />beyond the first post (whatever it may be) and delved into the deep<br />psychology of Gary Gygax.<br /><br />High Cleric Troll - These trolls are fully capable of resurrecting old<br />flamewars and starting them fresh, simply by laying on hands, and a<br />few words of wisdom. Unfortunately for us, their following is<br />extremely large.<br /><br />Anti-Troll (AKA Troll Hunter) - A special type of Ranger (read: Ranger<br />kit) that has Trolls as their species enemy and will fixate on flaming<br />a specific Troll and being rude to all other Trolls sometimes<br />aleinating friends and allies in his quest to rid the world of Trolls<br />or die trying.<br /><br />Doppleganger Troll - This troll is really a regular in the newsgroup<br />he's posting in, but in times when he wishes to troll, he forges his<br />headers and assumes another email address and takes upon a separate<br />identity. He sometimes enteres the thread as his old self to try to<br />confuse other posters into not believing it's really him 8)<br /><br />Cowardly Troll - I have encounterd him in my journeys among Usenet.<br />This type of troll is quite obvious, but when a poster calls him a<br />troll and points it out to him, this troll vehemently denies trolling<br />and insists that he's enlightening the masses.<br /><br />Ego Troll - Who seems to reply to his own comments or question under<br />another personality. He starts a flamewar against himself hoping some<br />people will hate and insult one of the two. He also likes waffles.<br /><br />Noble Troll - This troll does his best to make an entire newsgroup<br />into one huge flamewar. But, what separates this troll from the<br />others is that this troll takes pride in being a troll and even starts<br />to brag on a newsgroup that he gets fan mail. These trolls think<br />their actions are works of art much like a Michaelangelo, but they<br />turn out to be anything but.....<br /><br />Impotent Troll - A troll who is genuinely malicious and malevolent,<br />but the newsgroup readers regard him/her/it as comical in his/her/its<br />monotonous rantings. It is usually highly susceptible to<br />counter-trolling.<br /><br />Thoul (Ghoul Troll) - This breed commonly feeds in soc.history.ancient.<br />We could define it as someone who is at first glance seems to be very<br />fearsome. He's ghoulishly attracted to issues long dead and theories<br />long killed. His chief attack is a continuing flamefest, which will<br />ultimately paralyse the victim with boredom.<br /><br />PseudoTroll - That's the type who after getting brutally trolled and <br />caught hook line and sinker, posting response after response to trolling, <br />claims that, in actuality, THEY are the troll, trolling the original troll by <br />pretending to be really worked up and upset at the troll.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by Fixin:<br /> So Spinner...hows the weather?
Hey Fixin, it's warming up here. Suppose to get into the low 60's by Friday. How is your weather?

tylerin

Commander

troll [trəʊl] <br />A noun <br /> 1 troll<br /> <br /> (Scandanavian folklore) a supernatural creature (either a dwarf or a giant) that is supposed to live in caves or in the mountains <br /> <br />.<br />.<br />CAVES? WOOO WOOO WOOO

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by SBN:<br />
Originally posted by Fixin:<br /> So Spinner...hows the weather?
Hey Fixin, it's warming up here. Suppose to get into the low 60's by Friday. How is your weather?
Going to get up to 50 here today... WOOHOO! Going to take the kids up to the conservation area by the River and let them ride their electric scooters and see if I can get some pictures of some Eagles.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by Fly Rod:<br /> :) Anybody interested in the "MondayNight" football score!!!!!!! :D :D <br /><br />THERIVER!!!! Ya got them going again!!!<br />You have them so rattled that you are keeping them up to all hours of the morning!!!!! :D <br /><br />Gotta go get the wife a coffee!!!! Happy New Year!!!! :cool:
Best time to post a troll for my benifit is between the hours of 8PM and 3AM. I'm up at 3, and in bed by 8PM (usually).... So now you know my schedule. I expect great things from you. :rolleyes: <br />Happy new year to u-2 :D

gonfishn

Commander

Missed you Spinner and hit Southern Ohio hard..No snow all ice, a little over an inch here..Trees buckeled and fell..Power at Gonfishns house was 20 hours before i got it back on..There are still some folks without power here..Ice still glistening on the trees that are still around..<br /><br />Plumbers are going to have a field day when the pipes unfreeze.. When this first came on I left the faucets on a slow drip. Burned Wood and got into trouble when i got caught burning some of my better halfs expensive candles..Heck a candle is a candle I told her..Man that was the wrong thing to say if ya know what I mean..<br /><br />You forgot one type of trolling and that is the most popular and thats got to do with fishn.. :D Which I see many here need to do soon..

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Too bad, no more turkey for you, Whatever is left here goes into the gumbo pot :p :D :D

KennyKenCan

Commander

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS GUY "theriver", AS HE EVEN TROLLS HIS OWN POSTS!<br /><br />I don't get it?<br /><br />Can someone please explain this?<br /><br />Sounds to me like someone needs some phsyco-therapy!<br /><br />How sad.

gonfishn

Commander

For some reason TR your flow of words sound familiar here..I see your a new member here or an old one coming back to haunt us..hmmmmmmmm..Just an old ridgerunners observation here.. :p

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by gonfishn:<br /> For some reason TR your flow of words sound familiar here..I see your a new member here or an old one coming back to haunt us..hmmmmmmmm..Just an old ridgerunners observation here.. :p
May be on to something there GF. His profile says he has a Hatteras...(??) Most of the fellas here have way much more modest boats than that. <br /><br />I've known a couple of guys with boats like that, you would never catch them dead working on their own boat... much less frequenting a website that aides us who do. <br /><br />Makes you wonder. :rolleyes:

Carphunter

Commander

Wheeeeeeeeeee, look at me.........i'm trollin. Just thought I'd try it once. Now I'm done. ;) <br /><br />You may continue with this useless thread. :cool:

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hi KaGee,<br /><br />I belong to two large yacht clubs, the boats range from 28'-220' in length. Unless you are filthy rich (I'm not), disabled, or are mechanically incompetent, everyone I know works on their own boat.<br />My 46' Hat has twin 8V71's, My 13' Whaler has a 40 Horse and my Moomba ski boat has a 351. I service them all myself. If there is anything I can offer in the other areas of the forms in the future, I will do so.

KennyKenCan

Commander

No theriver, I cannot!<br /><br />Its not that I can't, its just that I feel, it really is not worth my time or effort, just to please you! In my eyes, your not worthy of my elaboration of anything.<br /><br />And, that is all I have to say about that!

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Why Carpy...what ever do you mean "useless" thread???? Let's look at all it's done so far....it's kept peoples fingers limber from typing, it's kept blood pressures from going to low, it's kept the trolls well fed, it's kept a smile on some our faces, it's kept the band width up, it's even put some of us to sleep.....so ya' see??? It's not totally worthless..... :D :D