Hunting party Slaughtered, 6 killed, 2 wounded

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Hunting party Slaughtered, 6 killed, 2 wounded

Update, 6th victim has died.<br />God bless his soul.

spratt

Lieutenant

Dman, I know that a lot of stuff is discussed in nearly every post,a nd most of the time the original post is lost in all the conversation...but truthfully, I am appalled by this...NEVER in my 49 years have I ever heard of something like this...accidents, arguments, killings, yes...but not just wholesale murder...I wonder just what really happened out there in those woods...what did those folks say to that guy to make him go off like that? The family says the man is a really nice guy, but we do hear that about every killer...this I do know---every human is just a fine line from being a killer, just how we maintain the strength to keep from perpetuating the act keeps us from being a killer...don't we always hear that the neighbors, friends, family of those unable to maintain, that they were such good people, nice, friendly, etc...???<br /><br />There, but by the Grace of God, go I...

K Hultgre

Petty Officer 1st Class

Minneapolis police said they arrested Vang on Christmas Eve 2001 after he waved a gun and threatened to kill his wife. No charge was brought because she didn't cooperate with authorities, spokesman Ron Reier said. St. Paul police say they were called to Vang's house twice in the past year on domestic violence calls, but both were resolved without incident and no police reports were filed.
Now would this guy have been able to own a gun legally, if his wife had pressed charges ? No.<br /><br />Guaranteed if someone was waving a gun and threating to kill me I'd be pressing charges. <br /><br />The guy is a loonie.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Ya dont sound like a nice guy to me....more like it was gonna happen sooner or later......... :(

NOSLEEP

Commander

FlyRod... A registered firearm does not make it safe.<br />The liberal government here spent over 1 billion<br />dollars forcing farmers and hunters to register<br />their firearms or be labeled criminals.<br />In the liberal mindset a firearm is safer when<br />its registered. :rolleyes:

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by spratt:<br /> Race May Play Role In Hunter Killing Spree<br /><br />HAYWARD, Wis. -- A man suspected in the killings of six Wisconsin hunters told investigators he was shot at first after some of the victims called him racially derogatory names.<br /><br />This is the headlines now...
Oh! we are sorry Mr. ***X they called you a ***XX. You can leave now, its OK. Insensitve people need to learn they can't do that and they must be shot. Oh yes one last question Mr. ***X did all 8 call you the same thing or did they use 8 different slurs. Say Mr. ***XX, have you considered buying a SUV for greater protection from this hainus behavior?<br /><br /> Poor Guy, always piscked on. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :D

ebbtide176

Commander

yeah, dman, i gave a prayer for all involved.

spratt

Lieutenant

Race May Play Role In Hunter Killing Spree<br /><br />HAYWARD, Wis. -- A man suspected in the killings of six Wisconsin hunters told investigators he was shot at first after some of the victims called him racially derogatory names.<br /><br />This is the headlines now...

spratt

Lieutenant

Pretty easy to say whatever ya want to when all your witnesses are dead!!!

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

They called me names, I opened fire. <br /><br />Fry in the electric chair. Have a nice day. No hand wringing necessary.

spratt

Lieutenant

Sticks and stones will never break my bones, but words just KILL MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! Take that POW!!!, and thatPOW!!!!, and thatPOW!!!! and thatPOW!!!! and thatPOW!!!! and thatPOW!!!!!.....now, you'll never call anyone ELSE a name!!!!

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

A lot of jumping to conclusions here. There are still 2 eyewitnesses other than the accused to interview.<br /><br />Some of you would end up feeling pretty stupid if investigation confirmed his self defense story.<br /><br />Please don't judge until you have FACTS, which you cannot depend on the sensation-hungry press and gossips to supply.

spratt

Lieutenant

I may be a litle sarcastic about the whole thing, JB, but that is exactly what I have been thinking...there is a real chance the guy WAS ridiculed, taunted...BUT, it doesn't give hime a right nor license to chase these guys dwon and shoot them in cold blod...report was, there was ONE firearm among the hunters...yet he blew as many as he had ammo for away...this whole thing is heart rending!!! Death in a family is never easy. I had two brothers killed violently, and that is different than natural death...but to be the family of someone who has perpetrated an act like this, MAN it must be tough!!! There will be a lot of people suffering for a long time on both sides of this story.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hello<br /> we have had the same problems with the vietnemese communities around this area. seems some got govt subsidies and grants and and other supports to go crabbing and netting, that kinds jerked some chains. and I realize there are a lot of nice vietmemese, a whole bunch took to checking nets and pots that were not thiers, there have been some gunshots and sinkings a fire or two. seems most have no concept of private property and a lot have the idea that it aint stealing if ya dont get caught. I hope the media reports after the investigation.I think the comment on regerstering firearms was ment rather satarically. but the knee-jerkers will go after us lawful gun owners and enthusiasts once more. myself,I no longer hunt as the thrill went out of killing critters. no sport in blasting a critter with modern technology. I just feel sorry for all the victems families, on both sides.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

After reading some of the comments on this thread, seems to me there's a few here ready to don flour sacks and burn crosses. I'd hoped we'd grown-up as a nation since that dark time. Apparently not. :( <br /><br />To make a long story short, the perp (father of 6) says he wandered onto private property by mistake. He was surrounded by people shouting and using racial slurs. As he was leaving, he was shot at (Missed him by 40 feet. Obviously an ill-advised warning shot). I assume that is the point where he lost it. At least that's His story. Still waiting to hear from surviving members of the party.<br /><br />Like I said, I'm not excusing it, just trying to understand it.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Willy,<br /><br />That story defies common sense.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hello<br /> willy<br /> I to hope some understanding comes from this. its tragic to see actions like this from anyone of any race.<br /> I dont condone nor excuse violence to anyone unless its clear that without it life will be endangered. usually violence just leads to more violence. and most of it after the investigations are over started from something rather stupid.<br /> I try to understand the difficulties of the immagrants, I try to understand how terrible life must have been for them in asia. however I wont allow it as an excuse to steal from others. if I caught one stealing my crabs from my pots there may be a good chance that a sinking or a shooting would ensue. the law here wont do anything to stop it and with bait at 20 cents a pound and gas at 2.25 per gallon the difference in 300 pounds of crabs may be the difference between eating and not. most commercial fisherman will help anyone anyway possible but most are very independant and dont tolerate people stealing from them.<br /> buit yes it is sad and tragic but I will wait for the investigation, which I hope the attention span will be long enough, to finnish.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

hmmmm.... lets look at it this way .. <br /><br /><br />The man, Vang, age 38, an imagrant of 27yrs, from out of state - St. Paul, MN that did the killing has been previously involved in a domestic dispute involving a firearm and supposedly a few others that are said that didn't involve a firearm.<br /><br />1 man with 1 rifle..<br /><br />Trespassing -or- Hunting ILLEGALY! <br /><br />shoots 6 people in the deer woods..<br /><br />One of the victims he chased down and shot in the back while the victim was yelling for help...<br /><br />I left out that some where unarmed..//..<br /><br /><br />Anybody want me to continue?? <br /><br />Anybody need me to continue??<br /><br />--------<br /><br />The BASTAGE is lucky the Northern Wisconsin Deputies haven't drawn an quartered him themselves..

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by WillyBWright:<br /> After reading some of the comments on this thread, seems to me there's a few here ready to don flour sacks and burn crosses. I'd hoped we'd grown-up as a nation since that dark time. Apparently not. :( <br /><br />To make a long story short, the perp (father of 6) says he wandered onto private property by mistake. He was surrounded by people shouting and using racial slurs. As he was leaving, he was shot at (Missed him by 40 feet. Obviously an ill-advised warning shot). I assume that is the point where he lost it. At least that's His story. Still waiting to hear from surviving members of the party.<br /><br />Like I said, I'm not excusing it, just trying to understand it.
There are 6 people DEAD. How does anyone understand, excuse, or even remotly consider it is justified. Name calling??? Big, Big difference from assult, rape, or attempted murder. If 6 minorities (of any variety) had been killed there would be marches protests and riots.<br /> Can that be Understood??

Butch Ammon

Petty Officer 1st Class

Words can't describe what I am feeling and I just can't say what I want to say right now....<br /> :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: <br /><br />This whole incident is definitely going to give the anti's and PETA members the much needed ammo that they crave. I am a hunter, fisherman, outdoorsman, etc... I have a feeling that this crazed whacko and his actions, have seriously hurt the hunting community and given us all a black eye.<br /><br />Butch A.