Hunting party Slaughtered, 6 killed, 2 wounded

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: Hunting party Slaughtered, 6 killed, 2 wounded

And that's why he's going to prison for the rest of his life. If the feds get ahold of it they might be able to give him the death sentence because this certainly qualifies as a hate crime. I can't say I have a problem with that.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

I think at least one of the victims may bear some responsibility for what happened (There, that should get some of you riled!). But again there is NO justification for all that transpired that day.
What does this mean???? Oxymoron? Someone is responsible for somthing that can't be justified.. I need a ruling on this statement.<br /><br />Did his wife deserve to be beaten? Did she "Push his buttons?" <br /><br />Did the fact that he was trespassing on private land "press their buttons?"<br /><br />Did the backs of his victims running away "push his buttons?"<br /><br />His victims did speak out and even the liberal press is no longer putting any credance in his story. <br /><br />The fact that the victims are white doesn't make them anthing but fine people until proven otherwise. Funny how that wasn't your first reaction. A white person gave him a ride out of the woods. Was he a racist? Funny how you are willing to divine a reason for this murderer, but just don't understand the war in Iraq?<br /><br />Sometimes a senseless act is just what it seems, a senseless act. Sometimes evil people are just evil. Casting a theorhetical racial component to such a tragedy is offensive, and irresponsible. I sincerely hope that this response to your previous posts don't provoke you into killing me and my friends this weekend. See how silly it can all become.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

LOL at pointer...... :) <br /><br />"I sincerely hope that this response to your previous posts don't provoke you into killing me and my friends this weekend."

Rudderman

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sounds to me like the guy was perfectly right to shoot back.....but only at the guy who shot at him first.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Hey Rudderman, who is it that said they shot first. Oh yea, the murderer. <br /><br />Good thinking, well thought out comment on your behalf. Run that by the families of the seven unarmed people shot and one who was armed shot. <br /><br />Six dead so far and you think that the murderer is the fountain of all rightousness and honesty. Several versions of the events are available and you take the one version presented by the murderer. That's great. <br /><br />Clearly common sense is on holiday as well manners to those of us who get to deal with the fallout.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Rudderman also believes the version of the terrorists and Saddam so it should be no big suprise he would do the same here and take the murderers side as well.

tomatolord

Chief Petty Officer

my 2 cents...<br /><br />Tragedy either way for all involved.<br /><br />I have a farmer friend that found someone stuck in one of his fields - he told the guy that he was tresspassin the guy cursed at him - so he pulled his overshirt up a bit and displayed -displayed only!! - his 45 - the guy shut up, he pulled him out..<br /><br />1 hour later a state trooper shows up with a report that the farmer had pulled a gun on him again it was a case of he said vs he said....<br /><br />These guys should have phoned the sheriff, I have learned that there are a lot of crazies out there and you dont know when you will offend the next nut job out there.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

The Wisconsin DNR has advised that all Hmong hunters "Sit this year out". I would probably extend that to anyone of Oriental descent. Sad we have to come to that.<br /><br />We haven't even hardly touched the gun issue. I mean here is the poster child for banning assault rifles if I ever saw one. I haven't heard that it was converted to fully automatic, but he apparently had a 20 shot magazine. For DEER Hunting??? This guy was a National Guard marksman. To me, this is one of the biggest problems with his story. What marksman could possibly need a 20-shot gun to hunt deer? Why was that gun really there? Obviously it was fully loaded and ready to go. Would he have killed so many if he had a deer rifle with a 5 shot clip?

hayhauler

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The SKS comes with a five shot clip, but a 20 shot conversion is available. I have not heard of a full automatic conversion, but I don't claim to be an expert. My first deer rifle was an SKS, it was affordable and had I ever hit a deer with it I am told it was fairly effective. When I could afford to upgrade I did. I don't think that the weapon was the problem. My current deer rifle is a Remington lever action, and I have a Marlin .357 magnum lever action. Both are good hunting rifles, but they could be used to kill humans also. <br /><br />What happened was sad, but it wasn't because of the nature of the gun. If he'd had a five shot clip he might have had to reload, but it wouldn't have made him any less deadly.

Rudderman

Petty Officer 1st Class

As I thought I had said rather clearly in my above post, my opinion is that if the foreign guy had been shot at first, he had every right to defend himself against the guy who fired the shot at him.<br /><br />At no point did I say that he was right to go on a killing spree, chasing after unarmed and unthreatening people.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

It is my understanding that the sks is only an assult rifle when fitted with a boyonette, which was not all that uncommon for these guns. <br /><br />Rudderman, your opinion is noted. And ignored. I had extended friends (friend of a friend) impacted by this tregedy, your input is flip, misguided, uninformed and insulting. Try thinking before posting. If possible.

1730V

Chief Petty Officer

Hmmmm. Six dead to one alive! Someone got the upper hand here. Must have been the hunters. Right?<br />The judicial system may or may not weed out the facts from the truth. We are all speculating here. Seems to me that the scale is tilted though.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

One of the wounded said that it started from an argument and that only one hunter had a gun at that time.<br /><br />He was on one of the ATV's that the guy shot and killed.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

willy<br /> would it have made anyone feel better had he used a 30/30 lever action that holds about 13 rounds? its not an "assult" rifle issue. there are many semi auto loading weapons that hold or are capeable of holding more than 5 rounds. and usually reloading is rapid anyway. I hope the facts come out in this case and some of the wrongs put to right. in my area an uneasy truce has kinda been made. if the vietnamese dont run others nets and pots,others dont sink nip boats and cut all the bouys from their pots at night.<br /> its a terrible tradgedy for all families involved both the shooters and the shot.its sad to see that so much damage was done so senslessly. but maybe if we just ban all weapons and hunting, violence will just evaporate. or at least thats what some would like to see. I think the INS should explain private and personal property rights a bit better.

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Seems to be a lot of experts on this post!!!<br /><br />Most jumping to conclusions of their own!!!<br /><br />The shooter,gave his deposition and claims he was shot at 1st!! Then more people came with guns!!!<br /><br />Question:<br />Why was only one rifle found on the battle field???? :confused:

cobra 3.0

Lieutenant Commander

This Vang guy is a nut job for sure. I don't think Willy believes any differently. I think he just wants to know why the nut job decided to slaughter 6 hunters and what match lit this explosion of violence.<br /><br />I do think other cultures view life much differently than we do. They come from overcrowded and overpopulated countries that require an aggressive nature and where life, that we so value, is cheap for them.<br /><br />Lying, cheating, killing, disregard for private property and personal space, is survival from where they come from. <br /><br />The more we bring in people from cultures way different than our own, the more conflict will arise. Politicians are doing it for $$ in world trade. Lets hope the Amercian "melting pot effect" can handle these new immigrants of different cultures and beliefs.

SoulWinner

Commander

Vang is an obvious liar. He claims he was called a "chink." This is clearly a lie, made up to excuse his actions. No one would call him a "chink" or "nip" because he is clearly a "zipper head" or "gook" or possibly "Charlie"; but not a "chink". What a maroon, he doesn't even know his racial epithets!<br /><br />But seriously, I find it interesting that only forum members who are looking for excuses for VANG are liberals. Curious.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

soulwinner<br /> I am looking for no excuses, but like the mess our curent white house has us in, if you dont find out why and remember the history, history always repeats itself. but without the facts I cant judge anyone.and we all know how accurate the news print is.all the facts we know for sure are 7 dead and at least one wounded and one in the clink.<br /> this is not the first hunting incident I ever heard where the alleged wronged party took shots at another. only no deaths just some blood was lost.if Vang was shot at or a warning shot was fired does that give the right to return fire? usually the rules of deadly force say no. not if a method of retreat is avalible. I took several rules of deadly force courses in the navy. was a requirement . most all the cases of deadly force used resulted in the watch stander being courtmartialed for being wrong.<br /> however going back. if no effort is made to find out why and how the situation got so out of control it will happen again. mark my words on that. but even knowing and understanding there is always a chance that another incident will occur.<br /> like I say<br /> I feel sorry for all involved in such a sensless waste of lives.

1730V

Chief Petty Officer

Rodbolt<br /><br />The current mess the White House has us in? If you are speaking if Iraq. I disagree. We Americans help the oppressed and people in need. You are a prime example of that American generosity by the great advice you give for free in the technical sections of this board everyday. Thank you. Pat yopurself on the back you deserve it.<br />If you are talking about the economy I again disagree. The stock market is over 10K again. Interest rates are at all time lows. Home ownership is at an all time high. The deficit is high but we are at war against a foe unlike we have ever gone to battle with. The enemy may be amongst us and we do not even know it. We do not hear about the creeps that the feds round up everyday. The media will not report it. Nor do we hear about all the great things happening in Iraq. The local radio station interviewed a Marine Sergeant today. He said over and over again how he is appalled at how the media stateside is distorting or not reporting the facts. He even thanked Haliburton and its employees who are everyday citizens in harms way making life at base camps even pleasureable.<br />His reaction to the soldier who killed the Iraqi on film was noteable. He said that a guy that had been shot in the face the day before may be a little edgy. He said the insurgents are cowards and engage only when they know they can kill maim or cripple and then run and hide amongst innocent citizens. As I said this is a war very unlike anything we have done before. We are winning. Our young men and women over there want to be there whether we support what they are doing or not. Which I think deep down you do.

Fly Rod

Commander

:) 1730V!! kinda off of the subject of this POST!!! ;) :cool: