Hunting party Slaughtered, 6 killed, 2 wounded

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Hunting party Slaughtered, 6 killed, 2 wounded

I have investigated several assaults with deadly weapons, attempted murder, and a few where the victim was DOA. Only 2 were with a firearm. Several baseball bats, several stabbings, one with a vehicle, among others. So I propose we outlaw knives, or at least restrict who owns them. Outlaw baseball bats, or at least register all bats and only allow ball players to use them. <br />Maybe if we outlawed the shooting or injuring of other people with weapons that would solve all of the crimes against the person.....wait that might not work well.<br />One of the gun calls I worked a man got mad at his stepson and opened fire at him, intentionally shooting high of course. The other a man went to his wifes bosses house, found his wife in the bedroom. He grabbed the bosses rifle and tried at least three times to fire at his wife. Moron didn't know how to work the safety. <br />We do have laws to keep guns out of the hands of unstable nut cases. The problem is our constitution. Innocent until proven guilty. You are not a phycho nut job until you have been committed against your will for mental health evaluation, or have been diagnosed with a mental health problem that would endanger others. Can't guess when someone will snap. I know I have a few targets picked for the day I go off the deep end! :D

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

<<< gritting my teeth with thoughts of personal and racial distain>>><br /><br /> :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

NYMINUTE

Captain

Now there are 6 gone. How'd the shooter ever get here any way? :mad: :mad:

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

There are always shooting accidents during hunting season and even your occasional opportune moment for murder. But this is particularly tragic. I've really tried avoiding the Racial thing, but I see no way. It was racially motivated ... or maybe a better term would be racially retaliated. The hmong gent I'm sure has been on the recieving end of racism plenty of times. If those that confronted him had been Orientals, I can't imagine he'd have snapped like that. I hope you all realize that the racism here happened on both sides. It didn't start with the shootings. I'm not accusing the victims of being racist, I don't know. I'm referrring to all of us in general. I certainly am not excusing the shootings, just trying to understand them. He'll spend the rest of his life in prison and I doubt he'll survive long in there. He'll have a pretty bright target on him for any lifer looking to make the papers. His Life sentence will be his Death sentence, like Jeffrey Dahmer. It's just a matter of time. Remember that he has a family too that I'm sure are fine people with flaws ... just like us, that are deeply saddened by it all ... just like us. I hope that they aren't on the recieving end of more hatred, but we all know that they will be. Tragedy all the way around. :(

Bigfun

Petty Officer 1st Class

There was absolutly nothing intelliegent about what Willy just wrote. But I bet he feeeeels better.<br /><br />Going to be interesting how the anti-gun people spin this.<br />They have always said that these types of guns are'nt used for hunting.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Willy,<br /><br />(&*%*^#%^&(%(&%%.<br /><br />(SELF EDIT) :mad: :mad: :mad:

Homerr

Commander

NOSLEEP:<br /><br />Sorry, it's early in the a.m. for me, but are you just being sarcastic or?<br /><br />
<br />The government has safe guarded the criminal<br />use of firearms by forcing all firearms to be<br />registered. And everyone here knows a registered<br />firearm is a safe firearm.
How does a registered firearm make it any safer?<br /><br />Everyone (at least that I know) realizes that a registered firearm is another way of 'big brother' control. <br />Need an example? Look at other countries that have strict gun control and look at their gun crimes vs. the USA.<br /><br /><br />And racially motivated? Hmmm... to early to tell there. I'm sure the lawyers are already frothing over this one. <br />BET YA they will try and turn this around into this physco being the victim and not the dead hunters. <br /><br /><br />H.

NOSLEEP

Commander

Racisms a fact of life. It has been around since<br />the dawn of man. And will continue until the<br />end of man. Multi cultural Countries have no<br />monopoly on it. Countries like Canada put on a <br />good face, and teach tolerance in schools and<br />integration. But we have little influence in the<br />bigger picture as racism is world wide. And more<br />prevalent in immigrating cultures than in your<br />home town.

NOSLEEP

Commander

Good Morning Homerr.<br />Yes its early and I was being sarcastic.<br />And yes the powers that be here believe a registered<br />firearm is the way to make a firearm safe. That<br />is why all firearms must be registered here.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Wisconsin will find a creative TAX to cover this. Indiana will follow, then the other 48 and the Fed's. :eek:

Fly Rod

Commander

:) NOSLEEP!!<br />Please explain, how a person with a resgistered firearm, can not go out and create this act of manslaughter!!!!<br /><br />And canada has an automatic weapons band, which has been in effect for years!!! back 12-15 years ago I remember that some nut in Canada used an automatic weapon and killed several colledge kids !!!

Stumpys

Petty Officer 1st Class

There's just no excuse for this kind of act!!! <br /><br />It does not matter what kind of gun you hunt with, it's the person pulling the trigger. Ya, I do not think you need a SKS to hunt with either, but I'm not going to blame it on the gun. <br /><br />This dude better fry...... :mad:

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

I do not beleive in Racsim nor do I beileve anybody is better or worse then anybody because of race. But I do have issues with certian Cultures. I lived in La Crosse, Wisconsin for 5 yrs and there is a huge amount Hmong people living in that city. Every time I went fishing off the shore at the spillway there there would be many Hmong people fishing as well. Apparently in their culture they find no problem crowding people out of a spot. The magority of them were the rudest outdoors people I have ever seen in my entire life and numerous time it almost came to fists. Once I had been reeling in a northern and this cat dilibrtly casts over my line, now I dont know if he thought I needed help or what but it made me a bit mad. Out of 100 yrds of fishing shore there they would still crowd around anybody there until they move out of the spot. The day I finelly got my boat I was so happy not to have deal with them anymore. Now I know this is a bit long winded but a conclustion I have come to is that they came here and were givin everything that we as Americans have to work hard at, for free. So now they feel everything is theirs. Where they come from I imagine hunting and fishing is a means of survival and its ok to be aggressive to others to get your harvest. Used to burn me up. Well still does I my guess is this is more like what happened there, not what willy said. You know what willy I went to a school in Milwaukee where I got treated pretty rough by a few Black guys for being White.......maybe I ought to go waste a few people so the media and bleeding hearts can feel bad for me. Would that be ok in your eyes Willy?

SoulWinner

Commander

For DMAN,<br /><br />Sorry. I lost perspective. It is a very sad day for the victims families.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I use to think willy was cool cause we shared the same last name, but I think I will go have mine changed today after his remark.<br /><br />Willy, the guy is a murderer, plain and simple.<br />Don't throw the race thing in the mix.<br /><br />He murdered 6 people and he should pay the price.

oddjob

Commander

Wow! what the heck does any of this have to do with kerry?!! <br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Posts: 373 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Apr 2003 | IP: Logged | <br /> <br />WillyBWright <br /><br />Lieutenant Commander <br />Member # 36348 <br /><br /> posted November 22, 2004 07:50 PM <br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Yeah, oddjob's comment was WAY off base!!!<br /><br />The first report I heard is that he went back to his car and came back with an assault rifle. If that's true and if we must politicize this insanity, I think oddjob's republican buddies in DC can consider that they have some of that blood on their hands considering the lapse of sanity in allowing the assault weapon ban to expire. But then, it was the first report. I haven't heard that since ... yet.<br /><br /> <br /> <br />
Well Willy, just look at the liberal spin you spewed. Sounds familiar to me. Kind of wacky left I believe.

spratt

Lieutenant

I find it very difficult to even come close to believing that willy actually believes what he wrote there...I am seriously thinking he is trying to yank folks' chains...which he did...surely he is trying to see just what a response he can get from his words...right Willy? You cannot surely believe that race is an issue here, do ya'?

Dman

Petty Officer 1st Class

While I understand the firearms debate and the racial factors that come into play here, I would like to refocus everyone's attention to victims and their families in this situation. <br /> The previous posts take the situation to the extreme-blaming guns, race, etc-generally those are factors that get brought up in most every crime. If it was some crazy northwood's white guy, race wouldn't be brought up and probably not the firearms debate either. <br />Our NW Wisconsin community is in disbelief and asking why? It's one of the most horrible string of murders ever committed around here and people seems to forget about the victims. These were hard working people who enjoyed years of hunting and friendship together-it's now gone for what it seems a senseless act of violence. I just ask to think/post in a different manner than the thread is going and not reopen the old debates.<br /><br />Thanks for the time.<br />Dman

oddjob

Commander

Slick Willy!..he,he :)