Supreme Mariner
Re: hull extension in progress with picks

picgroup40047.jpg

picgroup40056.jpg

then time to put it back in the shop

picgroup40064.jpg

picgroup40065.jpg

the flip is actually easy to do. i would only suggest it if major work has to be done to the bottom of the hull, for most repairs, a flip is not nessary

cheers
oops

INJUN

Petty Officer 1st Class

She's looking mighty good. The end of the tunnel is getting bigger.
The next to last photo, shows you had plenty of help from the aliens (orbs):D.

fixb52s

Chief Petty Officer

Those are great shots of the flip. Times like this is when all the extra work and glass you put into it really pays off.

So how many cases of brew did this all cost you???:D Labor is not cheap, and I know the beer rate up there is a lot more than here in the land of "lightweight Americans".​

redfury

Commander

Very nice. I was wondering how you planned to roll it. I didn't like the idea of the bow eye lifting the boat, but then again, if you can't yank the boat out of the water with a winch attached to it, you probably shouldn't be using the boat!

There I go, underestimating the strength of something simple like a bow eye.

on a side note, my luck continues...Picked up a Denon AV3802 receiver for $75 today :D Badly needed for the empty space my old Technics was, and a helluva upgrade for half of what I paid for the Technics! Time to go hook it up and watch me a movie!

oops!

Supreme Mariner

Those are great shots of the flip. Times like this is when all the extra work and glass you put into it really pays off.

So how many cases of brew did this all cost you???:D Labor is not cheap, and I know the beer rate up there is a lot more than here in the land of "lightweight Americans".​

two and a half cases of corona....it would have been much less, but two of the guys were on a binge. :eek:

oops!

Supreme Mariner

Very nice. I was wondering how you planned to roll it. I didn't like the idea of the bow eye lifting the boat, but then again, if you can't yank the boat out of the water with a winch attached to it, you probably shouldn't be using the boat!

There I go, underestimating the strength of something simple like a bow eye.

the bow eye is very strong....it has a really big peice of wood behind it.....

but thats close to how they flip a hull at the factory.....its just they have a rig for it.......

as far as the bow/eye hull stregnth.....at one point we were lfting the transom and i had all the weight of the full hull on the tip of the bow......the poly...is super strong....

i hope to be on it tommorow, starting to grind again :(

Toucan

Recruit

hey oops!, look what I found in my backyard.

Image033.jpg

Last edited:

oops!

Supreme Mariner

heh heh heh, gee.... i thought id lost mine.....:D

WELCOME TO I BOATS

Toucan

Recruit

And this is, how it got there:

Image000.jpg

Image011.jpg

Image012.jpg

Image013.jpg

Image014.jpg

Btw: It's much nicer to work on it standing, than crawling inside of the boat! I'll start soon with the wiring.

toucan

jcsercsa

Captain

Hi Toucan, and welcome ...
Think you need to surprise OOOps a remote control would be perty cool !! A hole bunch Of LEDs all over the place !!! And dont forget the wireing for the keg cooler !!! A couple sub woofers seeing we dont have to worrie about her shacking apart , say 10,000 watts !!!!!! LOL and what ever else you can think of !!!! just looking out for you Ooops !!! lol John

zach103

Commander

Finally read the whole thread.. you do GREAT work.. how long is the boat now.. i might have missed it if you said it before?

sbklf

Petty Officer 2nd Class

This is always is the first thread I check (I like the pictures, I admit I don't like to read much so I might be missing something) and I have to ask, considering what is ahead of you, gelcoat, wiring, engine, controls, accessories, outdrive and all the little things that add up to a big thing or two, what % done are you $ and time. I do admire your gumption. Kevin

oops!

Supreme Mariner

Hi Toucan, and welcome ...
Think you need to surprise OOOps a remote control would be perty cool !! A hole bunch Of LEDs all over the place !!! And dont forget the wireing for the keg cooler !!! A couple sub woofers seeing we dont have to worrie about her shacking apart , say 10,000 watts !!!!!! LOL and what ever else you can think of !!!! just looking out for you Ooops !!! lol John

toucan is the man !

when i comes to wiring, he can make a toilet flush by remote control ! :D :D

oops!

Supreme Mariner

Finally read the whole thread.. you do GREAT work.. how long is the boat now.. i might have missed it if you said it before?

the boat was 19 feet.

i added 5 feet so now its 24. bow to transom.

with thr cap finally glassed, the extension phase is finally finished. now it is just making it look pretty

drewmitch44

Lieutenant Commander

You are going to open that bow up right? I would hope so. Thats going to be a big closed bow boat if not! LOL it will look silly with a closed bow. Or at least make it a walk around with no cuddy. gotta do something up there! Nice job though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oops!

Supreme Mariner

This is always is the first thread I check (I like the pictures, I admit I don't like to read much so I might be missing something) and I have to ask, considering what is ahead of you, gelcoat, wiring, engine, controls, accessories, outdrive and all the little things that add up to a big thing or two, what % done are you $ and time. I do admire your gumption. Kevin

if your gonna do a rebuild, or just about any work to a boat, everything will be covered in this thread. the insights and suggestions from the members here are top notch.

the comments can save a boat builder huge hours. if i didnt have the members input, i woulld be still in the construction phase.

the wiring will be done by toucan in just a short time. (hes really good)
the mechanical, will be done by selka marine in kelowna. they are ready to finish the boat once it comes back from paint.

from my perspective....as far as the rebuild, the boat is 65 % water ready.

i fully expect the farring of the bottom of the hull will not take to long.
5 hours to grind, then the farring starts. on-da-rvr predicts 2 days for a pro, so i think i can reasonably get it done in 16 days....(im hoping a lot less, but one thing ive proven in this thread, is im lousy at time estimates. :D)

the repair of all the dings and scratches in the hull will take a full day.
then its sanding and prep for paint.

after prepping, ill build the swim platform, bench seats, and sun pad.
the above will take a week.

then off to paint......:)

as far as cash......
wiring....only toucan can guess :eek:
motor install/ with controls....1500
paint 1500
supplys to finish....possibly another 1000.

the boat will not be fully compleate this year...but i will be water testing it and using it fully this year.

after this season....its purely cosmetic, wake tower, fab a new dash and control housing. then the custom upholstery and the paint/logo theme. and re chroming a few parts that cant be replaced.

but come hull or high water. the boat will be floating by july 1st.

cheers
oops

oops!

Supreme Mariner

You are going to open that bow up right? I would hope so. Thats going to be a big closed bow boat if not! LOL it will look silly with a closed bow. Or at least make it a walk around with no cuddy. gotta do something up there! Nice job though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nope ....gonna keep it closed......the gas tank sits up under the bow. and i didnt want to move it. with the tower, the paint, and the back sun pad. it will look proportional....you wont even know i extended it

TriadSteeler

Petty Officer 1st Class

the repair of all the dings and scratches in the hull will take a full day.

Give yourself two days. The next day when you are sanding the dings, You'll find a couple more. With your track record of doing things right, you won't be able to help yourself.

INJUN

Petty Officer 1st Class

With all stuff you've been through on this one and all of the interest and hits here, everyone should through you a few $ so you can do a continental tour. That way we all can get a chance to see it in person.:D
Call it "THE OOPS BOAT LIVE TOUR".:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.