how old is everyone here ?

Kenbo

Seaman
Re: how old is everyone here ?

Originally posted by Homerr:<br />I find it strange that a lot of the folks on this forum are, how shall I say without offending... "Seasoned" and yet most of you are quite savvy in the internet and computer fields.<br /><br />Reason I say this is...My Dad is creeping up on his 60's and he thinks the computer is the anti-christ! He won't touch them.<br />I have outfitted most of my family with computers so we can all keep in touch. I am the nerd of the family, so I pretty much delegated that task to myself.<br /><br />I wanted to thank my fellow peers for bringing your knowledge to this forum. It's not often I get to share a good story, or 'how things was' ... Most of my elder family doesn't have anything to do with computers, but with todays kids, the computer is a must. I don't have a land-line anymore, just a cell phone and wireless internet. It's funny, cause if you ask for my address, I have to think twice before giving my e-mail or my home address!<br /><br />I can remember just a short 20 or so years ago, the Apple IIe computer and Commodore Vic20 was the top dog of computers. Have times changed!<br /><br />Wow...we can have an entire forum on "how things was'... Mods? Whadya think?<br />Homer, I still have a Vic 20 in its original box complete with a tape drive! Woo Hoo!<br /><br />H.

Kenbo

Seaman

Oops, screwed that one up, guess I haven't mastered that quote function yet. Sorry Homer

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

i610288 <br />Welcome neighbor. Glad to have you here. You'll learn so much from these guys and gals. Pine Flat is where we go most often too. Beautiful Lake, isn't she? :) <br />I teach in Reedley, right next door to Dinuba. Funny how small the world is sometimes.<br />Bassy

Throbbin Rods

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm Bill, 49, married 23 years, 10 year old daughter, 20 year old daughter. Black Lab(Gus), Starcraft Islander, multiple downriggers, too many rods. Too mnay guns - I am spoiled rotten!!

i610288

Seaman Apprentice

hi bassy!Do you teach at the college?My wife goes there.Her name is Jennifer Lovette.What beautiful weather were having for January, almost 70 degrees and crystal clear skys. I was wearing shorts and very warm. :) I'm going to uncover my boat and take it out again.bye!

boatingfool

Chief Petty Officer

31, Wife 28, 3 kids.<br />1984 19' Bayliner Capri I/O.<br />Life: Good!! :cool:

Solittle

Fleet Admiral

Is this when we reveal our true selves?? Anyway -<br /><br />I'm 63 and been married to the same gal for 37 years. We have three kids with the first grandchild expected in May.<br /><br />Got my first boat in 1970 but got bit by the bug much earlier back in the late 50s. Like many I started small with a 11'er - then 15' - - then 16' - - you know the story - - up to 27 1/2' & now with w 23'er.<br /><br />I am a "systems analyst" & work at Miami International Airport. I plan on retiring in about 3 yrs. Outside of boats I am interested in aviation. Got my private pilots license many years ago but my only flying these days is with Microsoft Flight Simulator. Have an active faith life and reasonably involved with our church family.<br /><br />SoLittle - As one guy put it - I have done with so little for so long that now I can do most anything with almost nothing.

PDS

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hi, all. Nailed 42 today. Self employed and still looking for the right one. Thought I had the right one a couple of years ago(She owned a 21 foot ski boat by herself(already went through the big D). Too bad things didn't click. PDS.

ebbtide176

Commander

PDS - happy birthday 2 u!!!
party2.gif
<br /><br /> and my condolences too - dam ur old<br /><br />(ignore:(roscoe20021115 is excluded))

BADPHNX

Recruit

KELTON, ILL HAVE TO GET SOME PICS ON HERE FOR YOU GUYS. YOURS HAS PAINT AND RESEMBLES A BOAT, MINE HAS NONE AND LOOKS MORE LIKE A DEAD BOAT. BUT HOPEFULLY NOT FOR LONG.

motormouth21

Recruit

hi all! I am 21 yrs old no kids,no husband, 3 dogs choclate lab (very smart dog!!! and loves going boating)i have a chihuahua, and the otherone is a mut!

Trent

Captain

Next question would be....You live in the south? And my dog is a Yellow. But Im to old for you 43 :(

Trent

Captain

Nice boat Unicorn...Think it will handle my 15HP? :)

Ralph 123

Captain

Come on Trent, that beauty calls for a Big Block 454 and a Bravo! YeeHaa! :D

Trent

Captain

Lets ad a turbo to it also..Supercharger is next!

andrewkafp

Lieutenant Commander

You guys are not making fun of my boat are you???<br /><br /> :( :( <br />When I finish her... you will have a different view.<br />
watermark.php