How many Outboards do you own ANY ONE ELSE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

basszzilla

Seaman
Re: How many Outboards do you own ANY ONE ELSE!!!!

force,i have two now and they both suck!

Beeched

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Go0t two Johnsons, both 40 horse, one a 1962 the other a 1965. Dealing on a Evinrude, but don't have it yet. Father owned Johnson and I ended up with the 2 I have that come with the old boats.

AndrewB

Seaman Apprentice

Hey everyone,<br />This my first boat and strangely enough my first motor - a 1986 135hp Black Max Merc, hope to add to it though in the near future

JasonB

Lieutenant

I just have 2.<br /><br />1976 Johnson 85hp V4, It jsut keeps going, and going, and going, but only misses every other gas pump. ;) <br /><br />1969 or so Mercury 200 20hp. This is a frankenmotor of sorts that my dad gave to my brother and I when we were kids. It's standing in the corner of my shop waiting for restoration, hasn't been started in 7 or more years and my brother didn't put it up right. Now I have to clean out some mouse beds and rust....

Bushleaguer

Seaman

Had 1983 Chrysler (force) 125<br /><br />Currently have<br /> Evinrude 115 spl<br /> Johnson 9.9<br /><br />Force gave many hours of great service, took care of it. Some problems with Rude 115 spl, but livable.

ptcaron

Cadet

1946 1.1 evinrude<br />1954 7 1/2 Fleettwin evinrude<br />1955 Johnson Seahorse 10<br />1974 Sears 5 hp<br /><br />All run great

catfish1

Senior Chief Petty Officer

old (yr?) 7.5hp from sears....decent little motor<br />1985 force 50hp....hated it.<br />1979 90hp merc....ok, once it starts.<br />1980 40hp merc....broke down the first time i used it(broken ring)<br />1983 50hp evinrude....i'm in love! <br /><br /> <br />
boat3.JPG

n0ukf

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Me:<br /> 3.5 hp Sears 1968 (needs reeds)<br /> 35 hp Evinrude Lark 1957 (haven't tried to start it yet, needs pressurized tank)<br /> 40 hp Evinrude Lark VI 1964 (electric shift LU needs work)<br /> 40 hp Evinrude Lark IX 1967 (runs good)<br /> 2 electric trollers (one Minnkota Turbo 35, one older)<br /><br />Dad:<br /> 9.9 hp Mercury (for trolling)<br /> 65 hp Johnson 1972-3<br /> 75 hp Johnson V4 1961

corvair kid

Cadet

Hi all! Only got 2 right now.1960 "Johnnyrude" 40hp on a 1973 Astroglass and a 1959 FD 13 18hp on a 1962 Feathercraft

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

I recently added a 1936 Johnny 31.2hp to my waiting for restoration list.

naketa

Cadet

i olny have 3 66 johnson 6hp 79 merc 20hp 83 merc 18hp

SeaMasterZ@aol.com

Lieutenant Commander

I swear Ive posted to this, but I Didnt see my motley collection of clunkers on the boards ...<br /><br /> <br />so here goes,The outboard I have had the second longest is the 71 125 Johnson, came with the new Hydrophobia ...<br /><br /> most recent aquisition is a 67 Johnson 33, running mate to the 66 40 horse Johnson, which has a quaking donor huddled in the garage awaiting dissection, 60 40 horse Johnny ... and of course, rounding out the johnnys is the grandaddy of them all, the 59 Johnson 35<br /><br />also, a 10 horse Sportwin, 61 vintage, and a motor guide 28 pound thrust troller<br /><br />and one more thing, about that second longest in possession motor ... rooting around in the aluminum pile I saw what I am sure is the old McCulloch, bought it 25 years ago with the original Hydrophobia (which my buddy Paul still uses! same everything too, right down to the fiberglass autobody patch repair in the floor right in front of the transom - came in a plastic pouch, cut it open and plaster it on, worked GREAT - where the old man that had it before me kept his unboxed battery, lol, HELLO!!!) <br /><br />I am going to see if I can get it to run, if not, it becomes a 4 cycle lawn mower engine project, no water pump needed, lol<br /><br />My favorite motor is somewhere in the network, I dont know where, the 4.5 Gamefisher .... motor ran and ran and ran, got it dirt cheap in STONE HARBOR Of all places, this is like finding a bargain in Beverly Hills, lol. gave it a one plug tune up and squirted some carb cleaner in the carb, smooth as glass (for a one banger!) sipped gas thru a small straw, all day on a three liter bottle of gas, I ran it 3/4 throttle, ran fast enough to make the bimini flap a bit, lol<br /><br />Also had a Black Max 200, found out it was a submerged motor and got my money back (whew, I was mad, it got real ugly, my buddy said I punched the glass out of the guys pickup when he rolled his window up on me, and drug him out - he gave me the money and I threw that god knows how many pounds BLACK MAX into his pickup bed by myself ... I dont remember any of this, but my buddy tells his friends about it every time Im around, lol, Im a nice guy, honest to god, just dont p!ss me off!!!!)<br /><br />Then of course, the motor of my childhood memories, the 33 horse Ski Twin rude that came with the SeaMaster, poor little thing spent most of its life droning along under an impossible load of people dogs and beer and bait, but it faithfully plowed thru the del bay ... I do remember taking it out by myself once, while the parents were hitting a dockside bar ... the motor made this "singing" noise, lol, for the first time I heard it at 5500 RPM, skimming the water, WOW .. this thing is really FAST!!!!<br /><br />naturally, I was in trouble when I came back, old man p!ssed that I took his boat, mom scared I was going to drown or something, lol, hey, I asked constantly if I could take it out by myself<br /><br />whoops, rambling again ...<br /><br />anyway, years later I fixed it back up again, and it was stolen off of the back of the SeaMaster a week before it was to have its inaugural run<br /><br />sure would like five minutes with the scumbags that glommed my motor<br /><br /> :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: <br /><br />but now ive got TWO shakers, Ill hear that singing sound times two, lol<br /><br /> :D

Alex65

Seaman

Here's my current line-up:<br /><br />1997 Mariner 6 HP (It's been a gem, but it's going on the selling block, too heavy)<br /><br />2004 Honda BF5 (Used it for about 2 weeks! Love it even though I need to check in next year for a "real" review.<br /><br />2004 Honda BF150 (Just bought it & won't really know until Spring) It's going to be on our new boat (Eastern 24') Were in New England so you know the story.<br /><br />We have owned both 1997 Mariner 115 (4 cyl.) & 135 (6 cyl.) 2-Strokes. Been fairly reliable. All have been sold in the last 3 months.<br /><br />That's my gig.<br /><br />Alex

UpstNYer

Petty Officer 2nd Class

50's(?) Model TN 5HP Johnson Seahorse<br /> '73 Merc 110 9.8HP<br /> '81 Merc 9.8 Electric Longshaft<br /> '83 Merc 25<br /> '84 Merc 9.8<br /> '02 Merc 40 2cyl. 2 stroke<br /><br />All are in real nice shape, though the old Johnson needs an impeller and a tune-up. The Merc 110 and the '81 Longshaft are my favorites. Never warmed up to the 25HP '83 or the 9.8HP '84. My Dad used to have an 20HP '79 Merc that was faster than the 25 on the same boat.<br /><br />The '02 40HP is a good motor but, in over its head. Will turn it into a new 90HP in a few weeks. Considering a new 90HP 2-stroke Johnson, but may hafta paint it black to avoid getting kicked out of the family. You JohnnyRude owners impress me with your loyalty.

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral

I have 4 9.9 gamefisher 2hp yamaha(I use it to mix drinks when not on the boat) 4hp mariner 115 evinrude Charlie

grampa's toy

Seaman

1964 mecury 6 100hp 1966 mecury 50 hp ran both motors several years with no maintaince whatsoever young and dumb, always started always ran. 1960 rude 4cly 50 hp 2 one one fof parts It blew up when I ran it wot with muffs on to decarbon it 1957 rude 35 hp ran good 1957 rude 10 hp still runs 1962 johnson 10 hp short shaft I realy liked it 1957 attwater 33 hp bail o matic threw it out 5 years ago cleaned garage,fool currently running 1980 200hp johnson still sorting it out but I think it is a good one

tsutter

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I see this has been going awhile, so I'll add my two cents worth (pardon the pun, given the list I am about to furnish you with):<br /><br />55 Johnson Sea Horse 5.5hp<br />63 Sea King 5hp (runs, but gear problems)<br />62 Sea King 40hp<br />54 OMC Gale Buccaneer 5hp<br />72 Mercury 75 7.5hp (in pieces)<br />66 Mercury 110 9.8hp (purrs)<br />69 Mercury 350 (work in progress)<br />84 Mariner 75hp (getting labyrinth seal work done)<br />55 Mercury Mark 20H racing motor<br /><br />I bought most of these for cheap as project motors - want to start learning more about operation and maintenance of outboards.<br /><br />I'm finding out that learning is turning into a labor of love!

rwise

Captain

I have at this time<br />1 1958 johnson 35hp on a 1958 14' starcraft<br />1 1958 evinrude 50 hp on a 1964 16' magnolia<br />but I am still looking!<br />Richard

Lark40

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I have a new 2004 Johnson 30 two stroke electric start short shaft on my antique runabout.<br /><br />Still have the 1960 Evinrude Lark 40, which will now be winterized while I figure out what to do with it. Doubt I would want to go backwards and use it again. The new engine has slightly better top speed, and almost 3 times the gas mileage.

Status
Not open for further replies.