Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

BlkY2k

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

"I'd like mine w/ twin injected & supercharged 502's please. Or an even half dozen Seven motors."

Those Seven motors will cost ya about 400k.

EricJRW

Chief Petty Officer

Here's a peach: http://keys.craigslist.org/boa/3075109799.html

It's a race to see who gets to him first! :D

Step 1: Rotate camera 90 degrees
Step 2: Put on pants (really did not need to see that reflection in the mirror at 0:18)
Step 3: Pick up dirty clothes

OK, it could keep on going... Interesting video though.

That's quite the flotilla, and he has a video or a car for sale too...

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

MEET ME INSIDE DOMINOS PIZZA BY WINN DIXIE SHOPING CENTER at 5:30- 6:00 pm wensday , will be wearing red soccer t shirt , switzerland

He was a no-show.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Wow ^^^^^ New meaning to Oxymoron :facepalm:

colding

Seaman

WOW!! Only $17 bucks? But that's not the reason I find it so amusing. I have NEVER seen that many spelling errors in an ad before!

http://savannah.craigslist.org/boa/3077546909.html

21 ft Hydra Sport - $17 (Savannah Ga)

Date: 2012-06-14, 12:56PM EDT
Reply to: 8g6j3-3077546909@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

21ft Hydra Sport deep V Boat walk threw dash bimanie top, with trailer. Boat has been lifted in and out of water. trailer has never been in water..
GPS Depth finder Fishinder CB Digtal Dash..110 gallan tank 200 horse saltwater seires 2 stroke motor 247 hrs on motor..
boat in exalant condition upostry need attention. all safty and fun eqiup incuded.. Boat is kept at Hogans Marina Willington Island Savannah Ga..
call 912-401-6003 to inqiure.. note this is a inperson sale I DO NOT DO PAYPAL OR ONLINE TRANACTIONS, CONTACT ME BE PHONE , WILL MEET INPERSON AND SHOW BOAT, AND WILL TAKE OUT ON WATER TO SHOW ITS PERFORMANTS... DO NOT WAIST MY TIME WITH EMAILS CALL ME DIRECT...

QC

Supreme Mariner

I have NEVER seen that many spelling errors in an ad before!
You may have a winner, but I don't think you've spent enough time with this thread. Looks almost normal to me :facepalm:

sutor623

Rear Admiral

You may have a winner, but I don't think you've spent enough time with this thread. Looks almost normal to me :facepalm:

Hahaha, true.

sutor623

Rear Admiral

I love this one. Apparently "great condition" is a purely aesthetic thing with him. $800 isn't far off from the value of that motor in running condition with controls!

Hahahaha. Great condition, but it may need a piston or two. Wow.

sutor623

Rear Admiral

A quarter of a million views!?!?! Never would I have guessed this thread would get that sort of attention when I started it. Has to be some sort of record. :eek:

Quit tootin your own horn Bubba. :) I spend more time on this thread than Id like to admit......

NetDoc

Chief Petty Officer

I must admit, I look through Craigslist now only to find more fodder for this thread. I hop on the boat section and narrow the search first with "TLC" and then with "Project". It's a complete waste of time and I love it. I got the Keys and South Florida covered and rely on youse guys to keep me abreast of the other locales! :D

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

This one is funny.... I don't think they have a clue! No low-bowlers pls..:)
http://flint.craigslist.org/boa/3079221323.html

I never heard of a "centery" boat. Must be rare and that's why "we paid a great deal of money for the boat." I'm going to the alley to practice. This one will be on CL until it expires in 45 days. Maybe I can break 250 by then and qualify to make a low ball offer. And then again, maybe not.

DBreskin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Check the spelling on this one:

Basic Description: 1986 Baja 350 Mercy with King Cobra out drive with stainless steal prop. Never run in salt water. New rear sun deck with marine plywood and new foam. Has a two year old custom cockpit cover and pole. New exhaust added last year and a new Tach, as well as lighted E Z load poles on a Five Star galvanized roller trailer. Boat is currently shrieked wrapped when stored. Ready to run, best speed with 54 mph at 5000 rpm with brand new prop 57 mph is possible. Carb was rebuilt two years ago; great on gas also comes with spare prop. Everthing you need to drop it in the water is included life jackets,ankor, rope, one mono ski plus enough oil to do another oil change Castrol 30w . Boat and trailer is priced at $5995. Or best offer.Any questions call Dennis 609-381-6724. Best time is between 7am up till 9 pm. No Trades Please and no finiancing.

Link here: http://southjersey.craigslist.org/boa/3083489531.html

So is it a Mercruiser or OMC King Cobra? Who stole the prop? Why does it scream when wrapped? Is the boat tied to Cambodia to keep it from drifting?

NetDoc

Chief Petty Officer

I heard it shriek all the way here in Caye Largo!

Racer26

Cadet

"Fisherman's dream boat! Ugly on the trailer, super sexy in the water..."

"Complete boat, ready for the lake!! Just needs engine..."

"Great starter boat... Older boat just needs a little TLC." [Boat is sitting directly on the ground covered in leaves and mud].

"Boat runs great... Small hole in floor, easy fix tho, sheet of plywood $20 at home depot..."

"Speed boat... This boat is FAST!... Ran perfect before engine blew a year ago..."