Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

sutor623

Rear Admiral
Re: Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

1989 18' Bayliner Capri

- 350 C.I. I/O
- Galvanized Trailer is included in sale

This fishing boat comes loaded....

- Hard Top w/rod holders
- Casting Platforms with Pedestal Seats
- Eagle Fish Finder
- Marine Radio
- Stereo

Asking $2,150.00 obro
Will consider all reasonable offers.

Interested? Please contact us!
Additional photos are available upon request.

Five 4 0 - Eight 0 Nine - Six 6 Seven 6
Call or Text with questions or better yet, with an offer!

http://images.craigslist.org/5Ld5E15F73K23Fe3Hbc5s8d27d17f784c1b26.jpg

Davem3

Chief Petty Officer

Anyone want to buy a "Try Hole"? http://fredericksburg.craigslist.org/boa/3057784075.html

1978 Star Craft try hole 150hp out bore. The boat is in great shape, trailer too motor runs! trailer has new lights. Price to sale moving must go.

did anyone notice that the trailer is a little bit small there..............dragging the transom, errrrrrrrr line:facepalm:

Davem3

Chief Petty Officer

This part is funny..."...also it has a chrysler 55hp out board motor on it and fires out of all pistons but one but its an easy cheap fix just needs points"

I believe that engine only has 2 cylinders...! All but 1 firing, meaning 50% are not firing....just funny way to say it I guess :)

for that you would have to PAY me to haul it out, and i think the PO is not running on all cylinders, either?????

NetDoc

Chief Petty Officer

This is TOOO funny!

http://okaloosa.craigslist.org/boa/3057711710.html

i brought they first boat working fine had new steering cable put on and gutted it. ti is a150 evenrude. was going to make a center consle . brought second boat which is a center consle.to save time and have wever had time to go any father. second boat did sink don't know anything about motor. long story short have over $3000 invested first $1000.00 takes all, and must take all

5Ib5Kb5Md3nc3m83L1c647f4c0ac8d889111d.jpg

5N45Ia5E63G13Ic3Hec647308c2d132a010d7.jpg

5I55Gb5M63G13Jc3Hdc647084557d0b9c118d.jpg

5I95G65J13M73Ic3N9c649588f6c4c23b11c2.jpg

jbcurt00

Staff member

Hmmm, looks like a few good pix for the poster: "How not to treat your OB's when you run them in saltwater"

Aquaman-PSD

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Enjoy this Hillbilly fishun rig...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://delaware.craigslist.org/boa/3023061246.html

"89 Capri - $2150 (Fredericksburg VA)

Date: 2012-06-04, 3:11PM EDT
Reply to: 6vx4f-3023061246@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

1989 18' Bayliner Capri

- 350 C.I. I/O

- Hard Top w/rod holders
- Eagle Fish Finder
- Marine Radio
- Stereo

Asking $2,150.00 obro

wow I can't tell where the trailer ends and the boat begins!

jbcurt00

Staff member

I met this guy once, he's a character. At least he's tellin' it like it is...I saw this boat at the yard.
http://santabarbara.craigslist.org/bod/3039535234.html

Umm, do 'real' men who work, and who don't mind working on a boat, need to know how to surf to buy/launch this rig? Because I've heard that real men don't need to use surfboards for keel 'bunks' or rollers.... But, yeah, check my threads, clearly I'm not a 'real' man, so I wouldn't know what 1 does or doesn't do or know:facepalm:

Seems as though he's grown tired of people calling & asking questions and showing up to kick the trailer tires, w/ no 'real' prospective buyers.

Could be an interesting boat, for what I'm not sure, but interesting for sure & it'd be an interesting story for sure..........

greenbush future

Lieutenant Commander

1989 18' Bayliner Capri

- 350 C.I. I/O

- Hard Top w/rod holders
- Eagle Fish Finder
- Marine Radio
- Stereo

Asking $2,150.00 obro

http://images.craigslist.org/5Ld5E15F73K23Fe3Hbc5s8d27d17f784c1b26.jpg

Looks like someone has some extra aluminum laying around and just tried to make a little boat look big? What a mess! Priced right but what would one do with a boat like this? Part it out and scarp the rest?

ONEGA

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Think this is a good one: "rollers dug into hull...can be fixed with fiberglass resin" nice...

http://allentown.craigslist.org/boa/3057977067.html

1979 cruiser
Condition:
Year: 1979
Use: Fresh water, Salt Water Make: cruiser
Engine Type: Single Inboard/Outboard Type: Cuddy Cabin
Engine Make: Mercury Length (feet): 22
Engine Model: 6 cyl. Hull Material: Fiberglass
Primary Fuel Type: Gas Trailer: Included

THIS IS AN OLDER BOAT. NOT SURE WHAT YEAR.IT IS BUT HAD TO PUT IN SOMETHING FOR THE DESCRIPTION. IT WAS ABANDONED ON MY STORAGE LOT OVER 12 YEARS AGO.I CAN'T GET A HOLD OF ORIGINAL OWNERS. I HAVE NO TITLE BUT I DID CALL AND THE NEW OWNER CAN GET AN ABANDONED TITLE FOR IT. . IT MEASURES 22' LONG. HAS A WALK IN SLEEPER WITH SOME LIFE JACKETS AND PORTABLE TOILETS. IT WAS COVERED BUT OVER THE YEARS PLASTIC RIPPED AND I TOOK OFF FOR PICS. IT HAS A MERCRUISER LOWER UNIT WITH A 165 HORSEPOWER 6 CYLINDER IN IT. I HOOKED UP BATTERY AND HEARD CLICK WHEN I TURNED KEY BUT IT DIDN'T TURN OVER. NOT SURE IF THE MOTOR IS GOOD OR NOT. THE CLUSTER PANEL OF GAUGES DOES LIGHT UP AND IT HAS VERY LOW HOUR ON IT. AS YOU CAN SEE IN THE 1 PIC THE ROLLERS FROM TRAILER HAS DUG INTO HULL WHICH CAN BE EASILY FIXED WITH FIBERGLASS RESIN. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR WANT TO LOOK AT IN PERSON JUST EMAIL ME. THIS BOAT IS A BIG ONE AND COULD BE RESTORED OR COULD BE USED FOR PARTS. THE TRAILER LOOKS TO BE HOME MADE AND HAS OLD MOBILE HOME TIRES ON IT. Trailer lights up, and the jack and the winch works fine.

No Spam!!!!!!!!

laserbrn

Petty Officer 1st Class

Umm, do 'real' men who work, and who don't mind working on a boat, need to know how to surf to buy/launch this rig? Because I've heard that real men don't need to use surfboards for keel 'bunks' or rollers.... But, yeah, check my threads, clearly I'm not a 'real' man, so I wouldn't know what 1 does or doesn't do or know:facepalm:

Seems as though he's grown tired of people calling & asking questions and showing up to kick the trailer tires, w/ no 'real' prospective buyers.

Could be an interesting boat, for what I'm not sure, but interesting for sure & it'd be an interesting story for sure..........

Yeah, if I didn't already have a "project boat" and I had a lot more experience and resources I think it would definitely be an interesting boat. I couldn't possibly give him any money for it though. He says it needs a battery, but c'mon...it needs more than a freakin' battery. If he offered it up for free I'd *consider* it in a different life, but in all reality as great as it would be, it's still just not worth the time and effort to rebuild.