FREE POPCORN, Wisconsin iboaters Shindig, Attendees ****** PLEASE CHECK IN******

sangerwaker

Commander
Re: FREE POPCORN, Wisconsin iboaters Shindig, Attendees ****** PLEASE CHECK IN**

Re: FREE POPCORN, Wisconsin iboaters Shindig, Attendees ****** PLEASE CHECK IN**

If your circus tent doesn't fit in the site, bekosh, you're more than welcome to come hang out in our screen house. I'm buying a new tent that has a screen area as well, so there will be plenty of room for a couple more.<br /><br />Anybody else coming that has kids? Our boy is seven (almost eight by the time of the get-together).

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I don't think so sangerwaker, at least not yet.<br />Kindof suprised me that there aren't more.<br /><br />Was gonna suggest he maybe bring a friend along. ??<br /><br />Have a friend with 3 young boys. Been trying to get her to bring them over for the day. Told her I could take them tubing, she sounds interested. But she is fickle, won't commit till the last minute.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

OK, campsites are reserved.<br />Big Eau Pleine SOUTH<br /><br />sangerwaker site 12<br />bekosh site 11<br />eurolarva site 10<br />Pointer94 site 18<br />roscoe site 13 (closest to the bathroom :) )<br /><br />Anyone else want a site?<br />You can make them at 715 261-1566

sangerwaker

Commander

Thanks roscoe.<br /><br />We've thought about the friend idea, too. We'll have to see. I may have to change tow vehicles if he brings a friend. I can and will call the reservation office and advise them of the change if we go that way.<br /><br />By the way, is there cell phone coverage there? At the campground anyway? Only reason I ask is if we do bring one of Alex's friends, the parents may want to get ahold of us.

sangerwaker

Commander

roscoe, tell your friend to please bring her boys if the weather is cooperative. I would love to pull them around for a while. I realize neither you or her know me, but I assure you I am a very good driver/teacher. I've taught many adults and kids to ski/kneeboard/barefoot. I guarantee them a good time.<br /><br />Same goes for any other iboaters. I only have one request. If you have any intention at all of trying to barefoot, please email me or reply to this thread so I can properly size the proper equipment for you. <br /><br />I teach people to ski or barefoot without even the possibility of falling. I have a 100% success rate. No experience necessary.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

There should be cell coverage there, but not sure.<br />I know there is coverage 2-3 miles up the road.<br /><br />My request is for anyone boating or tubing with me, is please bring your lifevest if you have one. I have a couple, but they may or may not fit you. Have one newer orange one. And have one Stearns fishing vest, fits mens L/XL.<br /><br /><br />".....so I can properly size the proper equipment for you...."<br /><br />Would that include a cup? :) <br /><br /><br />OH, and I found out that all the sites are reserved in the name of the person that makes the reservation. So I am responsible for all you Pirates.

sangerwaker

Commander

roscoe, I just bought all new life vests (6 ski type) and have 4 orange horse collars as back up. If you need to borrow a couple, let me know. I'll save my old ones too(4 ski type). They're faded and a little weathered, but will work. I'll also bring Alex's old vests in case there are some little ones who show up. :) <br /><br />And a big "yes" on the cup. :) More importantly a barefoot suit and padded shorts, but a cup is usually part of the equipment. Not necessary, but helpful, anyway.<br /><br />BTW-just for the pirate comment, I'm going to buy a jolly roger flag and fly it from my skylon! :p

bekosh

Lieutenant

Pirates? Arrgh matey! I always fly the Jolly Roger from my stern light.<br /><br />So who's got the bottle of rum? :cool: <br /><br />Dang, winter is long. I wish spring would hurry up, I going crazy(er). :eek:

sangerwaker

Commander

No worries, bekosh, I'll be bringing some rum! :cool: <br /><br />I am totally with ya on the going nuts. This is the time of year that, as you say, drives me crazy(er). Tired of the winter, and anxiously awaiting spring.

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

Thanks for setting up the reservation Roscoe. I am looking forward to meeting all you guys. I have been to a few reunions and had a blast. Take up ice fishing and you wont have to worry about the long winter. For me it is not long enough. I prefer hard water fishing over soft. Then again both are fun.

sangerwaker

Commander

Just an FYI for all attendees:<br /><br />I was curious as to whether there was running water anywhere within the park. I like to have a jug at my campsite for washing hands and dishes, etc. There is an a-frame near the park entrance that has a manual pump for filling water jugs and the like.<br /><br />Just thought some others might like to know.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Actually, there is a well about 40' behind my campsite, about 120' from yours sangerwaker. Pretty sure they are all manual hand pumps, but they are close and handy, and safe to drink.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Don't worry sangerwaker, I'm bringing BEER. Cleaning pots and pans with beer can only improve the next meal.... And what it does for glasses - whoa doggy.<br /><br />MMMMMMM - BEEEEEERRR - GOOD.. :D

vipzach

Lieutenant

I am jealous guys, I just don't see being able to make it out to either of the get togethers. There are so many people on here that I would like to meet in person. There definatley aren't many people on here from Oklahoma. Maybe someday it will happen. :)

javsam

Chief Petty Officer

thanks for the invite roscoe, count me and the family in for june 24th weekend.<br />regards<br />javsam

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Great javsam.<br /><br />If you will be camping, site 20 is a nice big one.<br />1,2, or 3, are decent also.<br /><br />So, tell us a little about yourself, family, boat, etc.<br />Are you into watersports, fishing, both?<br /><br />Looking forward to meeting you all.

javsam

Chief Petty Officer

fellow boater,have a 1989 javelin 17 ft ski boat(bought as a project boat) and also own an alumacraft 150 fisherman 40 hp.love water sports<br />and am rookie angler.<br />javsam

sangerwaker

Commander

Cool. More folks to meet and socialize with. Javsam, we'll have to go out and tear up the water some! :) Any kids?<br /><br />Pointer, I'll be bringing, beer (mostly darker stuff), rum, and wine. I'm contemplating bringing all of the ingredients for my Perfect Margarita recipe, but that's a lot of stuff. We'll have to see how much room I have left in the vehicle.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Sanger, if you liked that onion deal, you should try my margarita recipe made with beer. I will challenge you to pick it out from a more tradional recipe. Of course if you would like to share your required ingredients for the perfect margarita, I, having no kids, will have room to bring them. I will of course need quantities of each to be completely sure. :p I would be happy to bring a blender if that would help you at all. <br /><br />Here in wisconsin we call it a polish margarita. I will make it a point to bring some of the local microbrews if you would like to try, Grey's brewery right here in Janesville and my personal favorite a selection from a microbrewery in New Glarus. No lie, my wifes favorite beer is called "totally naked" from New Glarus. If they make it I will try and probably like it.<br /><br />Javsam, glad to see more and more faces coming. Look forward to meeting you and everyone else. :)

javsam

Chief Petty Officer

yes sanger, two girls ages 11 and 13 that are our nieces that we have custody of.<br />javsam