FREE POPCORN, Wisconsin iboaters Shindig, Attendees ****** PLEASE CHECK IN******

sangerwaker

Commander
Re: FREE POPCORN, Wisconsin iboaters Shindig, Attendees ****** PLEASE CHECK IN**

Re: FREE POPCORN, Wisconsin iboaters Shindig, Attendees ****** PLEASE CHECK IN**

I'll be more than happy to pull any of the little ones around for a while. :) <br /><br /><br />Any of the big kids too! :D

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I have a tube too. Never used it, but its sitting in the garage.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Wife anxious to go. Is there a site number provided when making reservation? I thought I saw something as to where we are going to congregate. I will be making our reservations this week! :) <br /><br />Willy,<br /><br />Are you looking for a job is SSWisconsin yet? What are you looking for. I'll wait to hear from you.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Pointer94, yes, you reserve a specific site, get a confirmation number, etc.<br /><br />I will be phoning in the reservations for bekosh, sangerwaker, and myself this week. Hopefully others will be able to get a site near ours, if they decide to camp.<br /><br />I could do yours also, then all the sites would be together.<br />Let me know if you want me to make yours.<br /><br />Looking at the South camping unit, sites 5,6,7, and 8.

sangerwaker

Commander

Excellent Pointer! Glad you're gonna make it! I owe you a beer anyway for sharing your onion recipe with me. It is most delicious!<br /><br />Those sites look good to me roscoe. :) <br /><br />I've been busy looking for new gadgets for camping and a new tent. just found a local store that stocks the tent I want. They even had a display set up. I was very impressed with the quality and features. Now I just have to wait for it to go on sale. ;) :)

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Great Roscoe, if you are making reservations then add mine. I sent you an e-mail just give me a return address and I will get you some money.<br /><br />Cool, free beer from sangerwaker!!!

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

Same here Roscoe. I will stay friday night and come home saturday. Email me at ralgoetz@comcast.net.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Perhaps I-boats will flip to send JB. I'll flip for the bottle of scotch.

sangerwaker

Commander

Only if he leaves the ZAP button home! :D :D :p

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

OK guys and gals, here is a little information update.<br /><br />Grandma wanted to visit her brother in the hospital, she called me just as I was making my last post here.<br />So I drove her the 60 miles to the hospital, dropped her off, and then drove the 30 miles down to the campground.<br /><br />Spent a half hour there walking the sites.<br /><br />First off, I was greeted by approx 30 of these as I entered the park.<br /><br /><br />
f006764a.jpg
<br /><br />Then I walked the sites and think we need to pick different sites. Sites 1 and 3 are nice and big, but the hiking trail runs right behind them, and very close to the boat launch traffic. And sites 5-6-7-8 are very small.<br /><br />Sites 11,12,13,18,20 were larger, which is important to me. Can't stand a tiny site. #10 was ok too.<br />These sites are 125' farther from the water, but 100 feet closer to the bathrooms. Which by the way are concrete buildings, lighted, multiple stall, pit toilets.<br /><br />To make the res, I need your name, vehicle license plate, which nites to reserve, and if you have a tent or camper.<br /><br />Doug and Ralph, I have sent you fresh email.<br /><br />Here is a pic of one of the sites.<br />Tables are decent, firering, electric hookup, and a huge "shepards hook" post for your light/lantern.<br /><br /><br />
f00677c9.jpg

sangerwaker

Commander

Looks good roscoe! I don't mind being a little further from the water, especially if it means a bigger site. I don't like small sites either. I'll have the Jeep, the boat, a large tent, a small tent, and a screen house, so I'll need as much room as I can get.<br /><br />Thanks for taking the time to stop and check the place out. The larger size sites you mention are fine with me. I trust your judgement.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

And I bet JB will be passing about 175 miles to the west on his way to LOTW. <br />What say yee, JB ?

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Here is a map of the area, not to scale, but mileages are accurate.<br /><br />Can email a better copy to anyone that wants one.<br /><br />
f005f645.jpg
<br /><br /><br />From the west:<br />Hwy 29 to hwy 107, exit 156<br />South 9.6 miles to hwy 153<br />turn left (east) proceed 0.2 miles<br />turn right (south) proceed 2 miles<br />turn right (west) proceed 3.9 miles<br />turn left, go 0.8 miles, turn right into south campground.<br /><br /><br />from the South:<br /><br />take I-39 US 51 north.<br />Exit #179, turn left (west) on hwy 153<br /> (hold your nose if you need to) :) <br />stay on hwy 153 for 7.8 miles (from the exit)<br />Turn left (south) proceed 2 miles<br />turn right (west) proceed 3.9 miles<br />turn left, go 0.8 miles, turn right into south campground.

Skiuseme

Chief Petty Officer

Sorry guys I have to duck out of it this year. My wife and her mothers birthdays are about the same time and they usaully spend it together. So I must pass this year. If this is a suscess I hope to make it next year. Once again Thanks for the Invite

Pony

Rear Admiral

Looks very enticing............

bekosh

Lieutenant

I agree, larger sites are better.<br />Truck, tent, boat trailer... Yeah, bigger is better.<br /><br />roscoe, Is there any place to keep the boats in the water? or will they be pulled each night?

sangerwaker

Commander

I'll probably pull mine at night anyway. The only way I leave mine in is if I anchor with the bow away from shore and tie the transom to a tree with a long rope. My boat is just too low profile to tie at a dock, unless the dock is specifically set up for it. My rubrail goes under the dock in most cases...not good.<br /><br />Skiuseme, sorry you're not going to make it. Hopefully, we'll have one again next year and you'll be able to make it. Make sure you send some happy birthday wishes from us.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Sorry P.O.N.Y., but hunting season will not be open yet. :)

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

bekosh, the sites are bigger, but don't know about your circus tent, lots of trees.<br /><br />Boats can be left in water, but no docks are available, you would have to beach it or do as sanger describes.<br /><br />I will probably pull my boat out, if just to drain the water out. :D :D <br /><br />Skiuseme, you don't come this year, then you have to pick the location for next year !!! :eek: :)

bekosh

Lieutenant

We'll bring the tarp anyway. If it fits great, if not, Oh well.<br /><br />I'm fine with beaching or anchoring just off shore. I like having the boat in the water ready to go at a moments notice.<br /><br />I hope this can turn into an annual event.