FREE POPCORN, Wisconsin iboaters Shindig, Attendees ****** PLEASE CHECK IN******

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: FREE POPCORN, Wisconsin iboaters Shindig, Attendees ****** PLEASE CHECK IN**

Re: FREE POPCORN, Wisconsin iboaters Shindig, Attendees ****** PLEASE CHECK IN**

20 is pretty deep and entrance is wide, good for backing in the boat. I would put as much in site 9 as I could, and keep site 20 for hanging out.<br />9 is smaller, and by the time you get tents in there, there won't be a lot of extra room for milling around and such.<br />9 and 20 are about 20 feet apart.<br /><br />You'll figure it out when you get there.

sangerwaker

Commander

Since we're on the subject of tubes, :p <br /><br />I have the standard O'brien LeTube. I'll be bringing this one for sure.<br /><br />
ridewatersports_1893_88542487
<br /><br />Ours has different colors, and is a few years older.<br /><br />I also have this if anybody is interested in a ride. :D :D We call it the vomit comet.<br />
SPO531820.JPG
<br /><br />I haven't decided if I'm bringing it yet. It needs some minor repair work before I can use it again.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

THAT is crazier than barefootin.

Speedwagon

Petty Officer 1st Class

Can you even be thrown off(or out?) of that thing? Half the fun is trying to throw the people off the tube! Well, if they are over the age of 10-12 anyways. And once you hit 18, it's GAME ON! :D

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Ok, I just reserved another site, #14, for friday and saturday nites, for a friend of mine. He may only be there on Saturday, too early to tell.<br /><br />gonfishn, you are welcome to use it/share it on friday if you want, the tent will be there for you as well. <br /><br />pjc, I am trying to convince another friend of mine to ride up from Mayville, so you might have a riding partner. I will pass along contact info if/when he decides to ride up. <br /><br />Saturday 10am meeting may have another attendee.

muskyone

Master Chief Petty Officer

im bringing this thing that looks like a hot dog have no pic. sangerwaker wanna race

sangerwaker

Commander

muskyone, you'll kill me on top end I have no doubts, but there are very few boats that can match my 0-40 acceleration. :p :p :D <br /><br />BTW-Speedwagon, I don't think it's possible to be ejected from the comet. You'll have to take a ride yourself and find out. :p

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Excellent rosco! If yer bud wants to I can hook up in Mayville, or where ever werks for him. <br /><br />I intend to be on the road about 8am on Sat, weather permiting. If weather suks I intend to take the PU. If yer bud wants to ride shotgun in the PU will werk for me.<br /><br />Either way, I gots to meet all the characters behind the keyboard! :) from Iboats.<br /><br />pcfxd@netwurx.net

eeboater

Commander

LMAO - Sanger you have one of those cone things!! I've been looking at them for a while - not sure i'd ever buy one, but I'd like to see one up close. D@mn you have a lot of toys!!!<br /><br />Sean

sangerwaker

Commander

ee, when it comes to watersports toys, I consider myself a collector! :eek: :D :p <br /><br />pjc, I'm really glad you're gonna make the trip. :)

muskyone

don't get that suma thing looks like the comet only your head sticks out the front i'm looking at getting one of the ones that flys sangerwaker were going to have a blast with one person my boat tops out at around 68

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Sanger,<br /><br />0-40 mph is my entire speed range. And getting there is timed by a calendar not a stopwatch.

muskyone

pointer ya crack me up u fishing the rock for eyes yet

sangerwaker

Commander

muskyone-I top out about 62 with my three blade and a light load, but I can only muster 52 if I push her hard with my ski prop. I agree, we're going to have some serious fun. :) :cool: <br /><br />ee, I agree with muskyone. Don't get the Sportsstuff Sumo model. It looks highly dangerous to me. If you're intersted in that style check out the Sportsstuff Gyro model. My tube is longer than the Gyro, and has a cover. It's the Orbit model from a few years ago. Very fun, but the water must be fairly calm or they quickly become no fun. Bouncing around inside gets painful quick. :eek:

gonfishn

Commander

Here is a new update on me. I emailed JB and told him that since he only had one day at the homestead i suggested we take that day and spend it with you folks. I hope he comes.<br /><br />My brother and I are going to land on that Thursday and maybe will stay til Saturday. Since we will be both pulln our toys a campsite is needed. Any suggestions on which one and who wants us as neighbors. Will use brothers boat and my toy will just be sitting. So if anyone has an extra space to park my rig please let me know.<br /><br />I willl- be coming up I 94..So where exactly is this place in conjunction with a town so I can plug into my navstar?<br /><br />Even though this place doesn't have any gators I still will be bringing about a 100 or so lures just in case.. So keep an eye out for me. Can't miss my rig<br /><br />
sspooter1.jpg

sangerwaker

Commander

Thanks for the update gonfishn. I hope JB will come. I think that would be extremely cool. I'm not sure how he feels about sleeping in a tent, though. Hopefully he'll chime in here.<br /><br />I would think you could leave one of your vehicles in the parking lot overnight. MAybe park both boats in your site and only one vehicle???<br /><br />As for a map, roscoe has a very nice one posted on the first post of the first page on this thread. Mosinee is the closest city it appears.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

There are plenty of hotels if JB wants one. Anything from $50 on up to top of the line Mariotts. There's a decent one in Mosinee, just 14 miles away.<br /><br />Jeff, maybe JB can meet up with someone near Minneapolis, park his MB and ride over here with them. Then ride back with you to get his truck. Anyone have room to bring JB over from the cities? It would save him about 400 miles of driving.<br /><br />From Chicago, take I-90 or I-94, your choice, they meet back up at Madison WI.<br /><br />Then take 90-94 to <br />I-39/US-51 north near Portage.<br /><br />At Mosinee, Exit #179, turn left (west) on hwy 153 <br />stay on hwy 153 through town for 7.8 miles (from the exit)<br />Turn left (south) proceed 2 miles<br />turn right (west) proceed 3.9 miles<br />turn left, go 0.8 miles, turn right into south campground.<br /><br />Jeff, you can use site 14. I have it reserved for fri & sat for a friend, but he will probably only use it on Sat. It should be open thursday too, but you get to pay for that nite. The tent will be there for you too.<br /><br />If you want a site of your own, go with 17 or 19.<br /><br />Anyone have a stack of name tags laying around? I think we're gonna need them.

muskyone

awsome jeff i was trying to figure out how i was going to make it up to see you theres gators not far from there

muskyone

just went to dnr site lake has muskies so your set and im happy

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Jeff and muskyone: - Much better gator fishn one lake over, below the dam, Lake DuBay. Just a short drive if you want to launch there.<br /><br />Guides are available, maybe we can do a multiple boat deal. The second guide below allows follow-along boats, for a fee. And 3, 4, and 8.5 hour fishing. Maybe Friday? <br /><br />www dot hooksetters.biz/ourwaters.shtml<br /><br />www dot lake-link.com/anglers/guides/guidepage.cfm?GuideID=75<br /><br />LAKE DuBAY<br /><br /> Only until recently has Lake DuBay its due as a quality muskie fishery. It use to be that muskie anglers traveled right by the lake on their way to traditional muskie ground such as Vilas, Oneida, Iron and Price Counties. But some very good muskie guides have been concentrating on Lake DuBay's muskies and are producing some very nice fish, in the 30 pound class and better and the word is spreading. <br />Lake DuBay is a 6,830 acre impoundment at the confluence of the Wisconsin and the Big Eau Pleine Rivers. The lake has a maximum of 47 feet deep and is stained brown in color. The lake has channel markers running from one end of the lake to the other, making traveling the lake is no problem, that is until you wonder off the channel to fish the many stump laden flats, weed flats, current breaks and humps, but common-sense boat control can get you safely in to the areas where the big fish live. <br />The key to fishing Lake DuBay is current ! Lake DuBay is a huge flowage and when you have any kind of river system, fishing the current breaks along combined with cover will put you on active fish. There is so much good water here with excellent structure and cover that fine tuning your presentation will pay off with more and bigger muskies. Look for the flats areas with vegetation of wood cover that is adjacent to the deeper river channel and especially where the channel bends. Inside turns , points and pockets in these cover areas will hold fish that you should target as the spot on the spot. <br />Big, noisy and obnoxiously bright colored baits will be your weapons of choice in these darker waters. Jerk baits, rattling crank baits, and big fluted blade bucktails will take the majority of the muskies throughout the season but when summer comes, break out the topwater for some very explosive action. <br />Lake DuBay is an exceptional fall muskie fishery and landing a upper 30 pound, or even 40 pound plus muskie is a real possibility. During the fall, many of the muskies who set up residency in the backwater bays, migrate to the river channels and the deeper waters near the DuBay Dam. However, fishing in the Wisconsin River and Eau Plain River sections can produce throughout the season and fall can really concentrate these fish along the current breaks. A deeper presentation is necessary near the dam with suckers on a quick strike rig, or with large soft plastics, or a broad profile crank bait, but near the deepest waters is a large hump called "The Hill" that can attract more than a few muskies in fall, especially on those warm sunny days. <br />Lake DuBay should not be a lake that is bypassed and overlooked by the serious muskie angler or the weekend warrior. DuBay should be a destination lake by all muskie anglers.