FREE POPCORN, Wisconsin iboaters Shindig, Attendees ****** PLEASE CHECK IN******

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
Re: FREE POPCORN, Wisconsin iboaters Shindig, Attendees ****** PLEASE CHECK IN**

Re: FREE POPCORN, Wisconsin iboaters Shindig, Attendees ****** PLEASE CHECK IN**

musky,<br /><br />No fishing yet this year. We have had a new product introduction at work and I think I may never get to wet a line. New dog, and home update responsibilities have soaked up most of my time. <br /><br />Might have to be "sick" one of these days.

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

I have muskyone staying with me at my site but I believe this might be one of the bigger ones. I just have a ford focus and a tent so if there is room gonfishn and or his brother can park or do whatever with my site. Muskyone will be taking it over after saturday as I will be leaving saturday night. I have the whole week off now and may follow gonfishn back to his place or wait till the following weekend and re connect with him. This sounds like it is going to be a blast.

muskyone

Master Chief Petty Officer

pointer you need to take a mental heath day and get on the water

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

I couldn't agree more. Found out this morning that the yard needs landscaping. Who knew, and how that will affect me is yet to be seen. :confused: <br /><br />I have a committment to be in court Thursday so I am getting the boat out of storage and in the driveway Friday morning to be prepared for the summer. :cool: New seats (reupholstered) new vhf and antenna, hook up the engine hoses, install batteries, even got a chip for the GPS and thank god I bought gas at the end of last year and I am going somewhere. Maybe a little 3 day trip up the Mississippi. :) Broke my foot (supposedly) last summer, and only took 4 vacation days last summer (year), therefor I saw only limited use on the boat. A mistake to be rectified this summer. ;) <br /><br />I got a jones that needs to be filled. Growing up on Lake Michigan I was primarily a salmon fisherman, but having moved inland I am learning to make adjustments. Lots of great fishing in this area. And with temps pushing the 70's recently, its the boating life for me. ;)

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Deligate and/or contract out.

muskyone

Master Chief Petty Officer

i grew up in lake mills but never really fished much there but your a stones throw from the rock and i cought a lot of eyes on it

eeboater

Commander

Hmmm.. I may need to pick up fishing before June. Seems everyone has an interest in it! I think I'll simply be tooling around the water with no real destination.

sangerwaker

Commander

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. Tonto here does not fish either.<br /><br />I will pretty much be either skiing (or similar) or, as you say, cruising with no destination. Nothing wrong with a nice booze cruise IMO.

bekosh

Lieutenant

That'll make 3 of us cruising around. But you guys will have to slow down for me. I max out at a whopping 28mph. :rolleyes:

sangerwaker

Commander

Sorry, bekosh, I slow for no one! :p :D <br /><br />I'll just drive circles around ya instead! :p :D <br /><br />Seriously, I don't typically cruise at WOT. Usually around 30 to maximize fuel economy. Especially important at today's prices. :rolleyes:

eeboater

Commander

I honestly cant wait to get tooling around with you guys -- i have no idea how fast my boat goes since my speedo is broke :D

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I max out at 30-32, until I start taking on passengers.<br />Plan on doing some fiskin on Thurs/Friday, then eatin and cruizin on Saturday.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Updated list, so far the attendees will be:<br /><br />Sites 9 and 20 - EEboater - Sean & Tara, Dave & Angie, Mike & Jenny<br />Site 12 - Sangerwaker, Doug & Shelley and son Alex<br />Sites 13 and 14 - Roscoe and ? (Ann, Christian, Lisa, Joe, Arlene & Harvey, all maybe's)<br />site 14 ? gonfishn Jeff and brother<br />Site 11 - bekosh Paul and wife Mary, and ?<br />Site 18 - Pointer94 Doug and Ann, and brother Greg <br />Site 10 - eurolarva-Ralph, and muskyone Joel and wife<br />pjc<br />Site 19 - javSAM, Colleen, Sarah, Nadia <br />Site ??? - divo and family<br />Wildbill59<br />Site 8 - Speedwagon and friend(s)<br /><br />Wow, thats 31-35 people.<br /><br />On the "maybe list"<br />P.O.N.Y.<br />neumanns and family<br />BillyBobBass<br />WillyBWright<br />DMan<br /> <br />not heard from yet :<br />JB <br />debnal<br />Upinsmoke<br />badandy<br />Scoop<br />hadvisor<br />Barlow<br />ODDD1<br />????<br />?????<br />your name here<br /><br />Anyone else want a site?<br />You can make reservations at 715 261-1566

eeboater

Commander

WOW!!! :eek: That's an amazing number of attendees!!! I can't wait!<br /><br /><br />56 Days left and counting!

gonfishn

Commander

Have two Questions here. Is it true that you cannot troll for fins in Wisc? Before Spinner rats me out i will bring bringing my infamous stink bait with me. Many of you have had not the pleasure. You may not want me near your campsite. I promise not to open it. You may not believe me but a picture says a thousand words..<br /><br />
heyjackbait.jpg

sangerwaker

Commander

Can't answer your trolling question,but in regards to the stinkbait..... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

bekosh

Lieutenant

You can get the full Wisconsin fishing regs here in PDF form.<br /><br />I believe this is the relevent info. From page 16.<br />
Motor Trolling<br />“Motor trolling” is trailing a lure, bait, or similar device used to attract or catch fish<br />from a boat while being propelled (forwards or backwards) by a motor or a sail or while<br />being towed by a boat being propelled by a motor or sail. Motor trolling is illegal except<br />in some counties and waters as listed in the section titled Special Regulations - Listed<br />by County, beginning on page 20. Casting and immediate retrieval of a bait or lure<br />while positioning a boat is not trolling. “Backtrolling” is only legal in waters where<br />motor trolling is allowed. “Position fishing” is fishing from a boat where the fishing<br />line extends vertically into the water while the boat is maneuvered (forwards or<br />backwards) by a motor used to position the boat over underwater structure. Position<br />fishing is allowed statewide in all waters.
From page 33 Marathon County.<br />
Big Eau Pleine Reservoir (upstream to the 153 bridge): Motor trolling is permitted.<br />The minimum length limit on northern pike is 32" and the daily bag limit is 1.
Looks like you're good to go for trolling.

javsam

Chief Petty Officer

well guys, I've booked site #19 and I am looking forward to the big event.<br />ATTENDEES will be:<br />javsam- sam<br />wife-colleen<br />1st niece-sarah<br />2nd niece-nadia<br />we will be there friday,saturday,and sunday.

sangerwaker

Commander

Awesome javsam! :) <br /><br />Dang, this is gonna be one heckuva get-together! That sure makes for a lot of folks gonna show up! :cool: :)

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Cool Sam. See you there.<br /><br />gonfishn, trolling-yes.<br />Stinkbait NO - must be left at park entrance, in concrete burial vault. You stinko da tent, you buyo da tent !!! :D