FREE POPCORN, Wisconsin iboaters Shindig, Attendees ****** PLEASE CHECK IN******

eeboater

Commander
Re: FREE POPCORN, Wisconsin iboaters Shindig, Attendees ****** PLEASE CHECK IN**

Re: FREE POPCORN, Wisconsin iboaters Shindig, Attendees ****** PLEASE CHECK IN**

Your right sanger -- this is turning out to be bigger than I ever would have imagined!! This is pretty durn neat!<br /><br />Leave it to people from WI and MN to find a reason to get together and BS. :D <br /><br />I wonder if iboats would be willing to donate a few signs for us to plaster all over the place showing where we all "met"!!<br /><br />Sean

sangerwaker

Commander

Originally posted by eeboater:<br /> I wonder if iboats would be willing to donate a few signs for us to plaster all over the place showing where we all "met"!!
I just sent a request to the iboats management regarding this. I will take care of making some signs and nametags if they turn down my(our) request, as long as they grant me permission to use their logo and name.<br /><br />I'd like to have a sign at each campsite listing the forum members' name(s), along with the occupants real first names. I also like the idea of nametags. I'll probably remember a few names, buy I'm usually terrible with them.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

How can you be terrible with names? Your in sales !!<br /><br />"as long as they grant me permission to use their logo and name."<br /><br />You don't need their permission. As a member here, you are an owner. :D <br /><br />
12644386_240x240_F.jpg
<br /><br /> http://www.cafepress.com/buy/iboats...86/pNo_12644386/id_4939412/opt_/fpt_/c_/hlv_t <br /><br /> <br />
13780104_240x240_B.jpg
<br /><br /> http://www.cafepress.com/buy/iboats...04/pNo_13780104/id_4939409/opt_/fpt_/c_/hlv_t <br /><br /><br />
12768954_150x150_F.jpg
<br /><br /> http://www.cafepress.com/iboats

eeboater

Commander

Those are awesome!! I am git me some o dem tings!<br /><br />Sanger - need any help with signs/nametags? I have a high-volume color laser printer that I can print the info on as well as laminate the info. That way they are rainproof - WHICH I HOPE WE WILL NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT!!!!<br /><br />I can put together something and share it with everyone...<br /><br />Sean

sangerwaker

Commander

Thanks for the offer EE. I'll probably take you up on that. I feel we need permission from iboats management if we do anything ourselves using their logo and/or name. It will all be done in very good taste, but I don't want any copyright violations or anything.<br /><br />I'll keep you posted as soon as i get a reply.

eeboater

Commander

NP --- I also sent them an email regarding the use of their logo - specifically, if it is possible to get a higher resolution of their logo to use on the signs. If I blow up the logo from their website, it will become distorted and, as a result, cause it to look poorly.<br /><br />If you do hear from them - see if you can get a real logo instead of us "right-click and saving" the logo off their website.<br /><br />Sean

eeboater

Commander

Update:<br /><br />I received an email from iboats regarding the use of their logo. He directed me to a spot where we can download the logo for sign use. I'll put something together to get everyones thoughts. <br /><br />What do you think... iboats logo... followed by Member Name... followed by the people in the site?<br /><br />Sean

javsam

Chief Petty Officer

ya got my vote.<br />javsam

sangerwaker

Commander

Very nice Sean! Looks great.<br /><br />Perhaps print on 8x11 or 11x14 card stock and attach to a wood stake and post at each member's site?

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Looks good.<br />If you laminate them, do it with something that can be written on with a sharpie marker, as site members may change or need to be added to.<br /><br />There is a wooden post with the site number at each campsite.<br />We just need some thumb tacks.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

So how are the signs coming along?<br />We only have 40 days to get everything ready. :)

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

Wisconsin fish must be tasty. My god 50 dollars for a non residence fishing license. I am now legal to kill fish in two states. If you guys need help with the signs and stuff let me know. I am a production manager for a print shop so I can probably help with the signs. If you need or want help with it email me at ralgoetz@comcast.net.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Wow! $50, yeah, they really went up this year, for residents too.<br /><br />You could have gotten a 4 day license for $24.<br />I guess you will have to fish on our side of the river a few more times.<br /><br /><br />For those of you coming from IL or MN, I just received a letter from the park management.<br />It says that no firewood can be brought in from out of state, due to the ash borer bug that has killed millions of trees in Michigan and Canada.<br /><br />later.

muskyone

Master Chief Petty Officer

i'll bring a truck load of wood that will be free for all iboat members i might even split it

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

I considered the four day one Roscoe but I went fishing with Muskyone this weekend and if I buy two 4 day passes it would have cost the same. Now that I have it I might fish more over there. Fishing with multiple lines at one time can be confusing and fun.

sangerwaker

Commander

I wondered about that roscoe. I'd heard that at other WI parks.<br /><br />Guess I'll just have to get some from my FIL near Rice Lake. ;)

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Michigan has billboard signs all over the state telling visitors not to use out of state firewood. It must be rather serious and if it hasn't reached Wisconsin yet, I would hate to be the one responsible for introducing this nasty little bug.<br /><br />Thanks Muskyone for the firewood. It might just change my choice of vehicle to bring, or maybe not. ;) I have an old beater truck I use when I do my little outdoor things, (fishing, hunting, dog training trips) and I think that is what I will bring. Why dirty up the good stuff? <br /><br />Any objection to my dad coming a couple of days early and using the site, and maybe hang out on Friday? I probably won't make it up until Saturday morning. Sort of like a proxy... We look alot alike, he just has less hair. :p

sangerwaker

Commander

Hahaha...<br />Pointer's scared of us so he has to have his dad check us out first! :eek: :D :D :p

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Ya'll got to pass muster first. ;) Actually I am using his camper for this trip and I would have to pick it up in Two Rivers, quite a detour. As I have a business function that will get me home on Friday around 8, I would like to get there and hit the water runnin Saturday Morning. The chief would show up, set up the camper, take in the sights, and I would drop it off after. It is funny to talk to him as he is retired and for that reason doesn't make a distinction between weekdays and weekends. What a racket. :confused: <br /><br />But keep it up Sanger, and you will find out what it was like to grow up in my house. :eek: :D :D