FREE POPCORN, Wisconsin iboaters Shindig, Attendees ****** PLEASE CHECK IN******

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: FREE POPCORN, Wisconsin iboaters Shindig, Attendees ****** PLEASE CHECK IN**

Re: FREE POPCORN, Wisconsin iboaters Shindig, Attendees ****** PLEASE CHECK IN**

The lake level has risen, 4' in the last 10 days !!!!<br /><br />Snow melt runoff has started to refill the resevoir.<br />We are getting heavy rains now.<br />Looks like we will have water for the boats.<br /><br />If anyone is interested, here is a link to the Wisconsin River Valley Improvement Co , it shows a graph of the water levels.<br /><br /> http://www.wvic.com/water-level-graphs.htm <br /><br />It should be filling up in the next 3 weeks, if they do as in previous years.<br /><br />So far this year:<br /><br />
hydrographs_19538_image005.gif
<br /><br /><br />Last years chart:<br /><br />
EP3-2005.gif

eeboater

Commander

Wow, is that a photo of what Eau Pleine Reservoir looks like? Mmmm.. lotsa water to play in!!! I'm gonna be able to go WOT on that!!!

sangerwaker

Commander

Wanna race ee? :D <br /><br />Nice link, roscoe. The place looks gorgeous. I can't wait.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Yeah EE.<br />You can start at the dam and head west for 10 miles at WOT.<br /><br />You only have to slow down to go under the bridge where the fisherman hang out.

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

Better put me lower on the list Roscoe. Seems our on-the-way baby has that weekend reserved for a birthday already, June 21st actually, first day of Summer. I think I'll probably be hanging around closer to home.<br /><br />Besides I'm not riding with anyone who goes by a name like WildBill, would you? :p <br /><br />Maybe pour me one of those margaritas and float it down the river, it should get to Lake WI by the following weekend. :D

eeboater

Commander

LMAO Sanger - I have no idea what the top speed on my vessel is...<br /><br />What do you think? 20' Runabout, weighs ~2000 lb... 5.0 litre Merc? I'm gonna find out :D <br /><br />Sean

sangerwaker

Commander

I assure you you're well over 2000 lbs. Check it on a scale.<br /><br />I'd guess somewhere around 50-55 MPH if you're propped correctly and a light load of cargo and fuel.<br /><br />I'll have a couple of props you can try if you want at the get together.

eeboater

Commander

Yeah, your right, that was supposed to be a 3. (3000) I think the manual says the boat is at 2700.<br /><br />Meh... don't worry about the props... I'm trying to stay away from stainless on purpose. I think the PO of my boat had a stainless on her and clocked something, bent the propshaft (0.18") and completely sheared the skeg.<br /><br />I'm gonna stick with my slightly mangled prop to get the oh-so-high performance out of my baby..<br /><br />Thanks for the offer though! :D <br /><br />Sean

sangerwaker

Commander

Sean, that's a total myth. I'll be bringing the props anyway. I always have a spare with. I'll also bring my destroyed high five to show you. I bent every one of the 5 blades BEYOND 90 degrees and did not do any damage to the lower unit or propshaft. I relaize I was very lucky, but the performance benefits of stainless far out weigh the negatives.

muskyone

Master Chief Petty Officer

i'll be there not sure if overnight but i can allways sleep in the boat if i have to

eeboater

Commander

Reaaalllyyy... Interesing! d@mn you sanger making me consider spending money...<br /><br />Awesome Musky---hope to see you there!

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

Try to make it Friday night or saturday Muskyone. If the water is calm I want to see you chasing jet skiers. If the water is rough I will watch you do it with binoculars.

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class

Originally posted by CalicoKid:<br /> <br /><br />Besides I'm not riding with anyone who goes by a name like WildBill, would you?
Come on now. Been driving them biggum trucks for 25 years and never hit or killed anybody yet. <br /><br />I could be in jail anyways by then. Seems I'm under investigation for stealing pennies out of donation cans I had out for the kids skate board park I was promoting. Or maybe breaking boulders paying off the $4500 dollar fine my village gave me for my illegal sign.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Wildbill59, you are a rebel !!<br /><br />CalicoKid, some things take priority, like babies. Hope all goes well. Maybe next year.<br /><br />Great muskyone !! <br />We're gonna have to have a boat parade !! :D <br /><br /><br />*******Wildbill and CalicoKid<br />Please see the post by Reel Poor in dockside chat, title "road trip".<br /><br />He is coming to Madison WI and would like to go fishing.<br />Maybe you can help him out.

muskyone

i'm looking at friday till sunday for now but i have to see were i'm working at in june

gonfishn

Commander

Roscoe..I will help pay for the extra site if you decide to do an extra one. Talked to brother and we will be staying Friday then head up to the homestead on Saturday. I figure if nothing else we can park our rigs at the site. Tent would be nice but not a priority. Cant do the grund anymore but we got an air big.

Skiuseme

Chief Petty Officer

You guys are just Continuing to blabber on about this. Just so I feel bad that my flippen wife has a birthday....... <br /><br />Ill tel you what those darn wifes of ours have things that come up on the most difficult times..... :p

eeboater

Commander

Hey Ski...<br /><br />Just an FYI -- my wife was reading this thread, and when she saw that it was your wife's birthday, she came into my office and said we're going to have to make her a birthday cake if you two join us... :D <br /><br />What better birthday gift than new friends?<br /><br />Sean

muskyone

jeff and ralph i'm going to try to get a space mon you guys are more then welcome to share mine i'll be buying a big tent too

muskyone

jeff and ralph i'm going to try to get a space mon you guys are more then welcome to share mine i'll be buying a big tent too and everyone else can stay there to