Forum update

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
So much better in all aspects . Has anyone figured out how to jump to last read post, not last post made.
I always mark the forum read. Then when I return, the new posts are bolded. I simply click on the thread title and it jumps me to my last read post.

I haven't tried it by switching devices though, so if you're going from using your phone and then later going to your computer, it might be different.
:)

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
ok, you mean simple? I was in the military and then corporate life. Not used to that.

southkogs

Staff member
Also: if you look at the last post made on the right side (it'll say how long ago the last post was), click that and it takes you to the last post.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I always mark the forum read. Then when I return, the new posts are bolded. I simply click on the thread title and it jumps me to my last read post.

I haven't tried it by switching devices though, so if you're going from using your phone and then later going to your computer, it might be different.
:)
I think the forum software keeps track of what you've looked at.

I say that because I used another browser and the bold and non-bold are the same. Also went to another computer with the same results.

If a phone is used, I expect the same results if the software does the tracking and it can't be cookies or I wouldn't have had the results above.

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
I think the forum software keeps track of what you've looked at.

I say that because I used another browser and the bold and non-bold are the same. Also went to another computer with the same results.

If a phone is used, I expect the same results if the software does the tracking and it can't be cookies or I wouldn't have had the results above.

It seems to track my viewing history correctly across 2-3 different Windows computers and my iPad... after reading all the new messages, I almost always use the "Mark Forums Read" button and that seems to help.

It is amazing simple and, even better, it works!

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Yessir, I'm really liking the new software. Good job to the iBoats crew! (y) :cool:
agreed.

I've been thru several forum transitions over the 18 or so years i've been doing this and now iboats has two awards:

the best and the worst transitions!:alien:

GA_Boater

agreed.

I've been thru several forum transitions over the 18 or so years i've been doing this and now iboats has two awards:

the best and the worst transitions!:alien:
This latest one is so bad that now were trying to resurrect the features lost by the one before. You know what I mean. :)

blcmcck

Cadet
Before the update I could hover my cursor over a thread and get a pop up preview of the message. Does that feature no longer work or am I doing something wrong? -Thanks!-

GA_Boater

alldodge

Staff member
HEY !!!
Not nice, I want new threads and no.... one......... is working on that :mad:

GA_Boater

HEY !!!
Not nice, I want new threads and no.... one......... is working on that :mad:
Not true AD. This still a learning experience for all of us. We're knocking stuff off the list, some are more difficult than others.

I want new threads too, but I don't have the keys to the room and not real sure if I got inside if I could fix it.