Florida get together May 15,16,17

rentprop1

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Florida get together May 15,16,17

BTW....

Any cigar smokers attending? .

I think as long as your courteous to those that don't smoke, you shouldn't have a problem, but the wife is the smoking Antichrist, been known to chase inconsiderate grumpy old men around with a squirt gun.....I on the other hand love to sneak off for a good smoke, just need toothbrush-mouthwash-gum and a bunch of garlic when were done, other wise you will have to give me a ride home........lol

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

I think as long as your courteous to those that don't smoke, you shouldn't have a problem, but the wife is the smoking Antichrist, been known to chase inconsiderate grumpy old men around with a squirt gun.....I on the other hand love to sneak off for a good smoke, just need toothbrush-mouthwash-gum and a bunch of garlic when were done, other wise you will have to give me a ride home........lol

YIKES!!!! :eek:

Had a GF like that before....Diane (my best half) will even take a puff here and there to try one of my new cigars..Heck she has brought me home some before outta the blue..AND she fishes..talk about a keeper

Bard1

Petty Officer 1st Class

BTW....

Any cigar smokers attending? Nice to have a scotch and good cigar with other fine upstanding gentlemen...

Yeah, I like a good Punch now and then. No scotch, good Tequela.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

i'm beer and rum man myself, but i smoke Swisher Sweet Little Cigars.

i ready and excited. all my camping gear is in the garage along with the door prizes packed and ready to go.

nlain

Commander

I quit smoking about eight years ago, don't mind if people smoke around me, just think it stinks now, never did when I smoked. :D I have done cigs, cigars, pipe in my years of smoking. My wife does not like most cigars so I never smoked them around her. Now beverages, beer, Vodka, Rum, Tequela, some blends. I don't take any on the boat I think I need all of my senses when on the water where I am most of the time, but when I get to the hill I will have some. :) I am ready for this to get here.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Yeah, I like a good Punch now and then. No scotch, good Tequela.

Hey Bard..You guys consider Patron Silver good Te-killa?
Got a bottle and half sitting here on the bar..We dont drink except for socializing...And I intend to be social..lol

Bard1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey Bard..You guys consider Patron Silver good Te-killa?
Got a bottle and half sitting here on the bar..We dont drink except for socializing...And I intend to be social..lol
W

Wooo Whooo!:D

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

In Moderation!!!!!

Of course TD!
Kinda goes without saying, but not on the water, not in the boat, not to where I am dancing on the pic nic table doing a really REALLY bad Chippendale's impersonation either! ohhhh thats just ugly...

JWRoberts

Seaman Apprentice

I haven't visited this site in a while and was pleased to see a get together in my neck of the woods. I live in Leesburg just off Haynes Creek and will definitely be there. My hard top will not allow me to come by boat, but I will either drive there or camp in my TT. Let me know if there is anything I can do as a local.

JWRoberts

Seaman Apprentice

Just reserved site #10. Let me know if I can do anything as a local.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Great JW!
Welcome back!
Man, you have one of the shortest drives of anybody!

Tashasdaddy...

Can we get a head count? I think we are really going to have one GREAT turnout!, make them thar yankees jealous!!! Jealouse-errrr? lol

triumphrick

Lieutenant Commander

I haven't visited this site in a while and was pleased to see a get together in my neck of the woods. I live in Leesburg just off Haynes Creek and will definitely be there. My hard top will not allow me to come by boat, but I will either drive there or camp in my TT. Let me know if there is anything I can do as a local.

That's great, JW! Glad you moseyed on by and had a look see. We have quite a few sites and probably 60 people going to be there. If you are without your boat that day, no problem. There will always be an open seat or two for friends of iboats! Will be looking forward to meeting you and seeing you there. Rick

NSBCraig

Lieutenant Commander

Does anybody know how close a store etc is to the park?

We're getting our camping gear together and making some lists, so I'm wondering how much planing I really need to do.

It's right near the town right? I mean it's not like we're going off in the country?

I'm making a five day weekend out of it so I want make sure I have enough ice, food, gas for the boat and beverages!

Also the map of the park says firewood by the rest rooms- Do they sell wood there? and if so any idea of the price.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

It's just outside Leesburg, not in the sticks...

There is a Wally World less than 1 mile from the park entrance..

tashasdaddy

It is actually right in town, just a big park, that the area developed around, do to the beautiful area and waters. go out the park entrance, and you are back in civilization. everything is available with in 10 minutes.

presently i have a count of 61 including families and friends.

rentprop1

Petty Officer 1st Class

so I want make sure I have enough ice.

I think there is one of those stand alone Twice the Ice huts near by IIRC its just down the road about a mile, I know I saw one when we were over there cause I was looking for one.....have to check exactly where again.

anyone traveling in from I-75 towards Leesburg, there is a Twice the Ice place in the parking lot of the Sparr building/farm supply just about 1 mile east of 301 on 44....huge parking lot to pull in there with boat in tow....lol

tashasdaddy

any one have smart tabs? Want $50.00 cash?????

John at Nauaticus, is giving away money. Dang, they don't fit TOONS or Gheenoes.

Iboatersgettogether2009.jpg

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

either I've been in the epoxy too long or.....Lord knows..
But still no attachment..

But it does not distract that 50.00 gift certs are very gracious and appreciated no matter what they look like. (even if they look like a little box with a big red X in em!:D)

Last edited: