Florida get together May 15,16,17

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Florida get together May 15,16,17

HAV2FISH, thanks for the report, i have to agree the creek sure looked like a good fishing spot.

BIGALF, this is the biggest gathering, i think the reason is the members asked for it. i pick as central location as i could find, that could accomodate us.

We will be deciding, at the meeting, if we want to do this annually or biannually.
if we want to do it annually, i am all for it. it is a lot of work to put together, but it will be such a pleasure to meet people who are already friends, face to face.

we will also consider a location for the next one.

HAV2FISH

Chief Petty Officer

Was it 3' of water all the way out or just at the bridge? My boat shows a 36" draft drive down, 18" drive up with 3.0L, I have 4.3L, I should be able to trim up and very carefully idle out and in.

In answer to this question on my boat if im in 3ft of water I'm really in about 4 1/2ft. My transducer is about 1 1/2ft below the water line on my boat. so you should be good to go.

Another thing i forgot to mention. We were told by a local that there is a Bait and tackle store down the road from the park entrance. If you pull out of the park (on hwy441) and take a left its just down the road on the left in a small shopping plaza. I believe he said the name of the store was Cane pole and tackle. ( don't quote me on the name)

nlain

Commander

That is good, 4 1/2 feet is plenty of water, thanks for the info.

tashasdaddy

i will tow you all out with the toon. it only draws about 12-18 inches. at idle.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Not to be a kill joy..But TD's "tow" comment got me thinking...

Perhaps we should have a sign in/sign out sheet for those going out on the lake.

Also perhaps a cell phone list of fellow attendees that could go fetch anyone that has an issue far from the dock...

I would feel better knowing there was an IBoat calvary on it's to help me & my family!

triumphrick

Lieutenant Commander

I'm sure it won't take long and we will all have some numbers passed around! By Saturday AM at the latest we will be knowing what the max draft will be and will have sized up any craft that might be having a problem. Also, we could get 10" of rain between now and then and all this worry to no avail!! ;)

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

I'm sure it won't take long and we will all have some numbers passed around! By Saturday AM at the latest we will be knowing what the max draft will be and will have sized up any craft that might be having a problem. Also, we could get 10" of rain between now and then and all this worry to no avail!! ;)

Hey TR!

I literally mean breaking down on the water..Gee, what does that say for my wrenching skills huh?? lol

triumphrick

Lieutenant Commander

Hey TR!

I literally mean breaking down on the water..Gee, what does that say for my wrenching skills huh?? lol

That's OK Kev...we'll be watching for ya out there waving that big IBOATS banner!!! Got a new pair of Nikon binoculars that will help me scan the lake for gir.....uh, broken down boats...:eek:

cribber

Lieutenant

I belong to the local Sea Tow franchise and they have a very good presence out on our area lakes here in Lake County. I'm sure there are enough of us out their to lend a hand if needed.

tashasdaddy

those of us with VHF, we should be fine.

NSBCraig

Lieutenant Commander

Hey I just picked up a Martin Backpacker guitar at a yard sale for $30 is anybody else planning on bring any instruments.

I don't know much acoustic music so I was thinking maybe I would learn some tunes others knew.

( Camping stuff is together now if only the boat was...definitely not painting it so I'll be ready for the ugly boat contest)

tashasdaddy

i think several are bringing git fiddles. i can keep time by beating the side of the toon.

music teacher told my Mother she was wasting her money one me and music.

nlain

Commander

Has everyone reserved their motel room that needs one, don't want to wait till the last minute, they may fill up.

nlain

Commander

Those of you who have a room reserved may want to let Tashasdaddy know so he can make sure everyone is listed as iboats members and proper discounts are given.

tashasdaddy

It looks like we will have a burn ban. no open fires, no campfires in the campground. you can use propane and charcoal grills, grills have to be covered when done. we are going to be able to use the grills at the pavilion for the Saturday mid day meal.

so no need to load the firewood, unless we get a lot of rain, in the next 2 weeks. not likely.

Keekee

Recruit

I'm interested in hanging out with you all. My boat is a 16 ft starcraft. Yeah a small boat for a small lady. I will be back in Jax in the middle of May!!!

triumphrick

Lieutenant Commander

Good morning KeeKee and welcome. We are really looking forward to all this as we get closer. Your starcraft should fit right in. Is it a tinny? The lake is nice and the campgrounds are in really good shape. Take care and we are looking forward to meeting you. Rick and Barb...site 22.

nlain

Commander

KeeKee, Good morning and welcome to iboats. We would all be glad to have you join us. You will want to PM Tashasdaddy and let him know how many will be in your group. I don't know how much you have read about this but if you do not want to camp there is a motel near the park you can stay in with those of us who are not camping. Again, Welcome to iboats.

Keekee

Recruit

I don't think I'll be back in time for that trip :-(...but definitely looking forward to the next outing.