Florida get together May 15,16,17

rentprop1

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Florida get together May 15,16,17

what would be awesome would be some place on a river/lake where you can pull your boat up and dock right at the camp site.

I don't know of any place like that, any ideas...

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral

Looks like you guys had fun! Wish I could have been there!

If I can make one next time around, I'll bring one of my digital SLR cameras with a great big lense on it and get you some pics of Tasha, TD! She'll never even know she's bein' photographed.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Hey! No pictures of the boats in action?

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

sorry no Mark, the lake was so big, everyone went their separate ways, and at different times.

nlain, rentprop1, i like that idea. i am checking the place in Astor.

triumphrick

Lieutenant Commander

Thank you Iboats for the $25 gift certificate. Just spent it yesterday buying a new baitwell pump and brass pickup. Also got a tube of 4200...!!

Now I gotta get a boat that I can use that $50 Nauticus smart tab gift certificate on! :)

nlain

Commander

sorry no Mark, the lake was so big, everyone went their separate ways, and at different times.

nlain, rentprop1, i like that idea. i am checking the place in Astor.

Would that be Blair's Jungle Den, I just looked at their website, looks like it might be a good place, has camping for the campers and a motel for the motel campers all basically on the water. The virtual tour makes it look nice so it probably needs closer checking.

rentprop1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Would that be Blair's Jungle Den

that place does not allow pets, and since pets were a big part of the thrill of the last meet up, we should make them a high priority :D
I don't have a pet sitter so if my furry one can't come, neither can I :eek:

if thats the place your thinking of maybe they will make an exception......I have heard of a place where you can drive for miles up some river and just park and camp out, its all one big state park...just don't know any more than that

nlain

Commander

Astor Bridge Marina is what Tashasdaddy is looking at, link in the new 2010 post up top here.

Bard1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hi guy's!
I have not been logged in for some time. Long story kind of short.
On the 17th of May I was in a rush to unhook my boat to go somewhere, like a dumb *** I did not unload my boat (Shark Bait) of all the extra stuff inside. I also don't have a tong jack, so I gave myself a 7mm herniation of the L5-S1 disc. Yeah I know!!!!! I did order one from iboats.
Best part is I was going to get cut on the 25th, but my plan with Aetna is asking me to kick in $20.000.00 yeah who has that ? My surgeon Thomas Sweeney (great guy) worked out a deal for an outpatient thing for around $9.000.00 from $35.000.00 ! Is our health system nuts or what?:D

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Hi guy's!
On the 17th of May I was in a rush to unhook my boat to go somewhere, like a dumb *** I did not unload my boat (Shark Bait) of all the extra stuff inside. I also don't have a tong jack, so I gave myself a 7mm herniation of the L5-S1 disc. Yeah I know!!!!! I did order one from iboats.
Best part is I was going to get cut on the 25th, but my plan with Aetna is asking me to kick in $20.000.00 yeah who has that ? My surgeon Thomas Sweeney (great guy) worked out a deal for an outpatient thing for around $9.000.00 from $35.000.00 ! Is our health system nuts or what?:D

WTH???
Dude that is one lousy birthday present to yourself..:eek:
You still laid up?????

triumphrick

Lieutenant Commander

Hi guy's!

Really sorry to hear of your misfortune, Andre. Hope you and Red are able to manage things. Barb and I send our best wishes for a speedy recovery....:(

Bard1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks Keven-n- Rick , pain lets ya know your still alive. I'll get it nipped mid July. Red is a bad azzz to deal with me .
If ya like, stop by for the 4th. We have cool people from 2 states (4 -6)
coming by. BBQ is on me!