Florida get together May 15,16,17

krisnowicki

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Florida get together May 15,16,17

did you sister ever get that beautiful barge you posted on merc forum?

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

we are still on the hunt. let me know if you can make it, and how many with your. TD. with family and friends we are pushing 60 people.

cribber

Lieutenant

I am in jax, in TD's home down I have a 21 foot I/O with a 305 five in it... I a a little worried about the amount of water...

You'll be fine in Griffin or Harris. The average depth is around 12-15 feet in the middle and the shore varies from 2 to 3 feet. My depth sounder shows 3 feet coming into the lake from the Picciola Bridge and it's a bilge mounted puck on a 18.5 foot Glastron with a Penta 3.0l I/O. So this would be about 4 feet of depth from the water line since I never adjusted the Offset. Trim up on the short putt to the lake and you should be fine.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Man..I better get busy (er!) on the B ticket!

tashasdaddy

Yep, the toon is getting a new pair of shoes this week. don't want any blow outs on the way down.

Guys, don't forget Mosquito control and sun screen. i use the coleman thermocel. Avon skin so soft is also good. i tried to get us some Bull Frog samples, but no luck.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

If anybody needs a new ice chest for this chin-ding..I hate to say it, but I got a 120 qt Igloo for 52 bucks from wallyworld online.

Sucker is huge, don't know how It's gonna hop in the back of the truck by itself once its loaded up though:confused:

tashasdaddy

you better put it in the truck first, then fill it. we will help you get it off at the camp.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

you better put it in the truck first, then fill it. we will help you get it off at the camp.

Then I think you get the first ice cold beverage of your chosing outta the monster TD! Man..Diane is getting excited for this trip, which really REALLY makes things easier, lol..(you guys know what I am talking about)

tashasdaddy

we can't wait, everyone going with me is excited. plenty of time to enjoy the water, and freindship.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

yep..same here TD..lotta pressure to have B Ticket good to go..
Clocks ticking, should have the deck done this Sat, my job keeps getting in the way of the boat! (thank the Lord though)
Think I'll have to install brand new shift cables too..and maybe, just maybe get her painted..if not she'll be wearing her original cream coat..

whew, what am I doing playing on the puter? I have lots to do!
;)

tashasdaddy

the object of project boats is to get them safe, then the cosmetics. i'm bringing my ugliest boat.

tashasdaddy

AVON, SKIN SO SOFT, bug repellant, is on sale 50% off, just a note. it is good stuff.

rentprop1

Petty Officer 1st Class

I stopped by the park yesterday, the park ranger let me drive back to the ramp to check it out.....the water is low-low-low...I asked the ranger about launching a 22 foot toon, he rolled his eyes , well just don't go past the white line he said.......

everyone pray for Rain over the next few weeks, the pavilion is nice and being a Sunday there really wasn't a lot of people there, we should be able to take the place over...lol

Anyone else bringing pets, I might just drive over each day since the Hotel seems to have a problem with large pets...

tashasdaddy

I am bringing Tasha. there is a public ramp that is near, if we have problems with that ramp. i agree pray for rain.

remember, we have clearance to leave the boats docked, and trailers parked. even if you are day tripper, or stay at the hotel.

i'm also bring 2 boats, i am going to put the Gheenoe inside the toon, and bring it down also.

triumphrick

Lieutenant Commander

Late Sunday night, early Monday morning the area got a real good storm that passed thru..hope that will help. We were thinking of two boats, but looks like we managed to borrow a travel trailer instead of tents. So we will still have two vehicles. But as TD showed, the parking lot is big and will handle all of that. We were there also on a Sunday in Feb. great weather that day and the park was still slow. With all the snowbirds leaving, we should have the run of the place!
Lucy has her new doggie jacket (thanks TD for the warning!) and will accompany us.
As we get closer to May 15 (6 weeks) and we trade pm's and other info with each other, we are more and more excited about meeting everyone!
I think Barb and I are going there one more time before the meet to dip the boat again and see how things are. We will be reporting back later.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

We have 2 miniature dapple daschunds "Oscar & Mayor" that may come along as well, they just yap at everything and I dont want to disturb anyone.....

That and the fact that they would be a tantalizing lil gator snack! lol

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

BTW....

Any cigar smokers attending? Nice to have a scotch and good cigar with other fine upstanding gentlemen...