cooking

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
hot smoke uses heat, cold smoke uses smoke (and usually brine).

For many years dad would smoke my perch and bulleads we would catch and most kids would come home and eat cookies or some crap, I would grab some smoked fish.

I'm going to build a small smoke house, unless I can find an old fridge with metal panels not plastic.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
i went with a thicker crust, very light with the sauce and lots of love....

E1HgUWv.jpg

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
reality hit the wife the other (late) night. She went to pick up the boy who wasn't allowed to drive that night so of course at that time of early morning one stops at Taco Bell (or so I'm told). The mexican pizza, her favorite, is discontinued. So I make her one the next day. Came pretty close, but this was about twice as big. Never fried a flour tortilla before.

yqF4RFE.jpg

MRS

Commander
If we lived closer I would trade you half the ham for 1/2 dozen of those tamales :geek:
Is that cheese in the other ones yummy.

MRS

Commander
This morning breakfast on the patio 59% and no wind make it nice outside.
Omelette with the last of the smoked ham. :)
Omelette.jpg

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
(my first ever) 'supreme' pizza. It made my knees wobbly. Side of rabbit food; a thick slice of iceberg with my home meade bleu cheese and black olives.

8JxkfXq.jpg

Last edited:

FredDog01

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Anyone tried making what I call kitchen soup? I take whatever we have around the kitchen. Carrots, onion celery& turnip left in fridge, in it goes. Two frozen chicken breast in freezer it goes add spices & potatoes.
Same goes 4 left overs leftover polish in with rice and beans. Just I was raised old school

ezbtr

Commander
Anyone tried making what I call kitchen soup? I take whatever we have around the kitchen. Carrots, onion celery& turnip left in fridge, in it goes. Two frozen chicken breast in freezer it goes add spices & potatoes.
Same goes 4 left overs leftover polish in with rice and beans. Just I was raised old school
pressure cooker?

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Yeah, I'm the king of leftovers. Only diff I'd do there is thaw and precooked the chicken if I didn't have leftovers.

FredDog01

Petty Officer 2nd Class
We usually keep frozen turkey meat in freezer, tomato paste, tomato soup,tomato sauce, diced tomato (lime & chili 4 for something different) chili beans in pantry. Choices are endless , chili, sloppy joe, or pasta sauce, etc.
dont forget the garlic