Clintons book, (My Life) Or (My Lies)

samagee

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Clintons book, (My Life) Or (My Lies)

If one of mine were beheaded, I would not be able to contain my anger towards those who did it.

SCO

Lieutenant

Is every war going to be judged by the standards of VietNam from now on? If so, then lets just handcuff our President into inaction, outlaw war powers. Are we going to carry a big stick or just pretend to? I agree with your basic point though Knobby, sounds a lot like the rhetoric of those times, but our judgements are critically important because to not act when we should is just as dangerous or more so than acting when we should not IMO.

knobby

Chief Petty Officer

No let's just tell the truth when we ask our nation to go to war and keep the respect that other nations always had for us as being liberators and not dictators of the world. <br />Yes every war will be judged by the standards of Vietnam. <br />Let's handcuff president's who lie to get their agendas passed without regard to truth and use lies to convince a nation into jumping into a war based on "poor intelligence".

SCO

Lieutenant

I dont see that they have lied, and from my perspective, even if they stretched the truth(aka "lied") re nuclear stockpiles(and I dont know if it was deliberate or bad intelligence so "lie" is a strong statement) I would want to vote in another war President or keep same given the current choice.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

I have to agree with SCO. Besides. If Kerry wins and the Alqueda end up back here in the U.S. killing again. The war will be in the American streets, as the true U.S. citizens start hunting in thier own back yards.<br /><br />Read that link I posted up there knobby. It mentions Clinton manipulating things for his own agenda in Bosnia and Kosovo.

SCO

Lieutenant

one other point re BC's book. I heard explaination for not getting UBL. Reason was that FBI and CIA conflicted on UBL being behind the African Embassy bombing. So he didn't know for sure, and so didn't get him, and look at the result from that bad intelligence. I dont think GWB had a choice...too bad BC didn't act on his bad intelligence. If there is a way we can do nothing to secure our safety, I'd like to hear it. There is no way to cut the pie without unknowns, no going into Iraq means haven , going in means inflamed Iran, ... face it people, we just have to fight them and it doesn't matter much how we go about it.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

Let me see, Billy boy gets bad intel from the FBI and the CIA. He decides to do nothing about it, even when UBL's name kept coming up in reports.<br /><br /><br />Why isn't there a congressonal committee looking into this? My guess is Monica was under the desk, while he was trying to concentrate on the reports that were on top of the desk.

knobby

Chief Petty Officer

The men who create power make an indispensable contribution to the nations greatness, but the men who question power make a contribution just as indispensable, especially when that questioning is disinterested, for they determine whether we use power or power uses us.<br />JFK 1961

knobby

Chief Petty Officer

SCO, Yeah I agree, lied may be too strong a statement. If a person is on trial and convicted of a crime based on someone stretching the truth, just to get him put away cause you have a hidden agenda, then sure, that's no lie.

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by knobby:<br /> You might think differently if your son or daughter was beheaded all in the name of George Bush.
Of course if this were to happen I would be upset, you would have to be cold hearted not to be., but it wouldnt change my point of veiw.<br /><br />We had every right to go to Irac and kick bu*t just because Sadam didnt adhere to the sanctions that were placed on him.<br /><br />Anyone that thinks there is no ties to alqiada has there head so far into the sand they will never understand.<br /><br />We have found many links to WOMD but they arnt being reported. They were moved out of the country before the war started, DUH!

Carphunter

Commander

Well Knobby, lets ask the ones that are there, and alive then.<br /><br />Freedom is not free, you must fight for it.<br /><br />Nobody wants to see any American soldiers killed, but that happens in war. Nobody likes war, (except maybe some of those "freaks" in some of them middle eastern countries), but Saddam was a real threat to the world, and now he is not.<br /><br />We could all be like you, and sit back and think, "We don't have to fight, everything will be ok", ..............but think about it.........We sat back and did nothing for 8 years, and 9/11 happened. You gotta grab these people by the throat, before they strike!<br /><br />.......I got news for ya Knobby, real life is not like a Disney movie, sometimes the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.<br /><br /> Saddam and his regime is no longer a threat. I think thats a good thing. You don't :confused: Very sad indeed.<br /><br />Why I try to rationalize with the liberals, and their point of view, I will never know.<br /><br />You keep livin in your cave Knobby, and hope your boy Kerry gets elected.

knobby

Chief Petty Officer

Just put yourself in the place of those who's children are dying over there under the pretense that we were going in to remove all those WMD that so threatened the world and not to have found any. All I'm ever saying is that we were clearly mislead into supporting this conflict and that is what has cost us so much. Like it or not those men and women were lied to.

knobby

Chief Petty Officer

Carp, Kerry is not my boy, never will be. I just want a president to tell the truth when he asks fathers and mothers to give up their sons and daughters and not to decieve the whole country (world) in doing so.

blacktie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

You might think differently if your son or daughter was beheaded all in the name of George Bush.
They were not beheaded in the name of George Bush. They were beheaded because they were not muslims.<br /><br />be certain about one thing...we have been drawn into a war that has been brewing for a long time...I don't mean long time like 2,5,10 years...I mean like 1500 years. for the better part of the last 2000 years, christians have persecuted, murdered, and tortured those who did not believe as they did. Only in the last couple of hundred years did they stop. The muslims were on the receiving end of much of this (as were others, such as the jews, indians, etc). When something occurs like this for so long, revenge motives will become part of the oppressed culture. That is where the muslims are at today. They are fully prepared to execute those who do not believe as they do. We view this as barbaric (though just a few hundred years ago we did exactly the same thing).<br /><br />None of my point is to condone any of this. All of it is horrific. But the point is, that the larger war (with terrorism and muslims) was coming no matter who was the president. And it will continue on no matter who we elect this fall. There is no way to change this course, because it has transcended all of our lifetimes.

SCO

Lieutenant

Agreed Blacktie, which is why I'm hawkish. The advance of technology opened the door, and as soon as they figured out they could walk through it they did. We gotta shut that door while we can. Edit: I didn't read your post completely Blacktie. It reads like you are blaming Christians for the crusades. Christians and Muslims were both immersed in the dark ages, and they are still in it. Q. Were the crusades a response to beat back Muslim expansion? Probably too complex an answer to determine the chicken and egg.

blacktie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

SCO, I think that debate/issue goes back to the Tribe of Abraham and the Tribe of Ishmael in the Old Testament...but I am not that well read on that topic...

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Carpy said:
We sat back and did nothing for 8 years, and 9/11 happened.
If I remember right, Clinton's entire 8 years were opposed by a Republican Congress that did everything they could to 'boo-hoo' him out of office, and very little else. They had just as much responsibility for not demanding that the US find Osama Bin-Laden, and should be held accountable.<br />Just my opinion. Please feel free to converse among yourselves.

Skinnywater

Commander

Originally posted by PW2;<br />
I still can't figure out why all the venom directed at Clinton. From all these responses, it appears that it originates out of nothing of substance at all.
We've been here before. It doesn't take superior skill in understanding. So it must be your unwillingness to understand.<br /><br />I'll make an attempt again.<br />Politicians, that is elected officials, are in positions of power and authority. Most are the law makers and law enforcers of the land. These positions of power and authority naturally have great responsibility. I would argue that it is a greater responsibility then either you and I have.<br />Positions of power and responsibilty should be held to this higher standard.<br /><br />So then try. Try to strip all the fluff, agendas and politics from it. Strip all the good policy and bad away. Strip the so called "right wing agendas" and badgering done to Clinton when he was in office. Strip all the circumstances and "questionable" inuendos away. Give Clinton a completely clean slate.<br />What your left with is a disbarred lawyer. <br />He was disbarred because he lied twice under oath.<br />The manner in which it was done was a complete mockery and disdain for the system he swore to protect.<br />It wasn't done for national security or anything remotely simular to honourable reasons. It was done for purely personal and manipulative reasons.<br />All of what I've said here can hardly be disputed.<br /><br />Now lets move on to the colateral damage.<br />While he was doing this he was using his massive power and office to destroy people. Some were grown and part of it. One was a young nieve underage foolish girl. Another two (Paula Jones and Wiley) were completely innocent and only wanted apologies for being wronged.<br />Again this was done for strictly personal manipulation. These were people who were used by Clinton. People ply, people who were run over by the Clinton steam roller.<br /><br /><br />Some people Ply don't carry the blinders you think.<br />It's more black and white. Some things are done and done in ways that turn peoples guts. Things that are done by people in high places that are just plain despicable and self serving that earn disdain.<br />For me, Clinton is that poster child.<br />Factually Clinton is one big basket case of characture and personality flaws. One that the Presidential office wasn't able to temper. <br />A despicable man and a Presidential disservice. <br />One that was put together that way long before his political life and will be the same long after it's done.<br />That equates to scores and scores of innocent people used by the Clintonios.<br /><br />Since you're not an elected official or someone I have to deal with, the question is not that important to generate disdain.<br />But maybe you can explain why it's so hard for you to understand what I and most here have said and feel about Clinton.<br />Your failure to understand, your apparent reverence to Clinton makes me believe that honesty, truth, respect and all things rightious are simply empty words.<br /><br />But then again, by your own words, that's exactly what you're saying isn't it? <br />
From all these responses, it appears that it originates out of nothing of substance at all.
This is where I'd add a gremlin for disdain.....

ob

Admiral

Skinny,The guy you are speaking to is a self admitted draft dodger for Pete's sake.Come to think of it,so is the one you're speaking of.Of course ,,he probably called it something else.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

I figured I should get a post in here beofre it gets locked. I thought ole Chelsea was kinda hot in a weird sort of way. Yep, I said it it.