Clintons book, (My Life) Or (My Lies)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Clintons book, (My Life) Or (My Lies)

Yea let's stay on the subject of this thread.<br />Did Clinton lie? Sure he did and it was a disgrace to the office in which he held.<br /><br />Plain and simple. No getting around it.<br /><br />Have other Presidents lied, why I am sure they have, the only problem is, Clinton got caught.

blacktie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks for that link SCO....<br /><br />I really never bashed Clinton when he was in office, and had he just come out when he was cornered and said "I regret it immensely, but I did have an affair with that woman", I would not have had a problem with that. Perhaps I would have questioned his morals, but I certainly would not have called for his head. This isn't about whether he (or any other President) lied or not...they all have (including GWB). The man perjured himself while under sworn testimony, and when anybody in this country can do that (especially an elected official) and not be held accountable for it, we have a complete failure of our system of justice. We might as well have no system of justice then.

gaugeguy

Captain

Carpy, I remember when you wouldn't touch a thread like this, now you are all over them :cool: <br /><br />The only agenda Bush bashers have is hate. What new ideas or solutions are being brought to the table by them?<br /><br />If you look at SCO's link you can read about the connection of Iraq-al queda. Then you can follow a link from there to read about Gore wanting Bush investigated for lying because there is no link between the two, when 6 years ago he said there was one :confused: <br /><br />Clinton is a dull tool :p

Carphunter

Commander

Hey GG!<br /><br />I'm tryin my best to be a good boy. ;) <br /><br />BTW, wheres Tylerin?<br /><br />I'm starting to frequent this site less and less. (People like PW2........and many others, will be happy about that.). ;) The Dockside Chat area has lost a lot of its luster. Its seems like its either a political Bush Bashing thread, or its a thread I really enjoy, and it gets locked because we are having more fun than is allowed by a certain Mod. Guess if I don't like it, then I should leave ......right? <br /><br />Anyway, your right, I usually don't touch these threads because many of the posts aren't even worthy of a response. I would much rather be making a joke, but sometimes ya just gotta respond to some of this garbage.<br /><br /> If I want to listen to Bush Bashing trash that the liberal left wingers want to throw-up, I'll just turn on the news. Guess thats why I avoid the news now.<br /><br />Oh well, .............PW2 can stay awake all weekend and worry about GW if he wants, but I'm goin fishin! ;) <br /><br />.....and BrianFD, thanks for giving us your blessing to converse among ourselves, 'cause without it, I'm sure I would've kept my mouth shut. ;) <br /><br />Clinton, used up rusty old tool times 2. :eek:

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by Carphunter:<br /> I would much rather be making a joke, but sometimes ya just gotta respond to some of this garbage.<br /><br /> If I want to listen to Bush Bashing trash that the liberal left wingers want to throw-up, I'll just turn on the news. Guess thats why I avoid the news now.<br /><br />Clinton, used up rusty old tool times 2. :eek:
I dont think any of us could have said it better

SpinnerBait_Nut

Hey Carpy, check your email.<br />Sorry.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Whats this strange fixation ya'll have about Billy's "used up rusty old tool"?.... <br /><br /> Me thinks some here are just jealous.... Yup.... Jealous, that it... :p

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Carphunter said:<br />
.....and BrianFD, thanks for giving us your blessing to converse among ourselves, 'cause without it, I'm sure I would've kept my mouth shut.
My pleasure.<br /><br />The rest of you may continue to bash our former president.<br />(NOTE, it has been determined that there should be no further criticism of our present leadership, however.)

SCO

Lieutenant

I'll throw a wrench in the works. Was listening yesterday to radio and caught a live call in talk show where BC himself was fielding questions. Gotta admit he was a good explainer.

Skinnywater

Commander

President Clinton Removed from Supreme Court List of Lawyers<br />Tuesday, November 13, 2001<br /><br />AP-WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court on Tuesday ordered that former President<br />Clinton's name be removed from the roster of lawyers approved for practice<br />at the high court.<br /> Clinton asked to resign from the Supreme Court bar last week, rather than fight disbarment* related to the Paula Jones sexual harassment<br />investigation.<br />Just before he left office, Clinton agreed to a 5-year suspension of his<br />Arkansas law license. That agreement ended the Monica Lewinsky inquiry, and<br />headed off an Arkansas court move to punish Clinton for misleading answers<br />in a deposition taken during the Jones matter.<br />Suspension or disbarment at the Supreme Court typically follows discipline<br />in state courts.<br /><br />*In Clintonspeak this is simply a "resignation."<br />Sorry PW2, my mistake, I'm not fluent in Clintonspeak. I only translate it into reality. <br /><br />Naturally this was done by the US Supreme Court because he (Clinton)was such a fine President.<br /><br />I considered morality wasn't important to PW2. <br />As demonstrated, the lack of importance also includes Clinton's abuse of power and breaking the law.<br />All that's been said is relevant to the topic, except where PW hijacks it to the current administration.<br />Here's where he holds Bush's morality at greater importance then Clintons.

crab bait

Captain

all i know ..that man from donie texas ,,has gotta have a thing for george washington.. :) ..

SpinnerBait_Nut

PW2 must have moved.<br />I though he/she was from Washington at one time.<br />Now he/she is in Michigan.<br />Hmmmmmmm. ;)

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> PW2 must have moved.<br />I though he/she was from Washington at one time.<br />Now he/she is in Michigan.<br />Hmmmmmmm. ;)
Spinner! You just had to get off topic and get personal didn't ya! Man couldn't have just said the "LEFT COAST" and let everyone else assume CA! :D :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Whoops, sorry LINK, was just wondering is all.<br />People never tell us anything around here anymore.

Link

Rear Admiral

LOL Spinner, No real harm done. :D

Carphunter

Commander

(Note to self; Ignore title to thread, and discuss whatever you want) ;) <br /><br />lol at Snapper :D

crab bait

Captain

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> PW2 must have moved.<br />I though he/she was from Washington at one time.<br />Now he/she is in Michigan.<br />Hmmmmmmm. ;)
have'nt the good people of sault ste marie suffered enuff..!!..??..!!

PW2

Commander

Sad to say, Bushonomics forced me to leave Washington State and relocate to Michigan, for now. Everyone has to make a living somehow, and you do what you need to do. However, I do miss the fresh caught Dungeness Crab, and clamming in the tide flats, and the smell of the salt water, etc.--but upper Michigan has pretty good salmon fishing, so not all is lost!<br /><br />As far as Clinton accomplishments, I already listed a bunch of them. Peace, NAFTA, balanced budgets and even surpluses, full employment- etc...<br />As far as Clinton's morals, it is not my place to judge his morality. I thought what he did re sex was stupid, and said so. While what he did may well affect him and his family in a bad way, it has not affected me at all, nor my morals, and it is pretty well irrelevant to me.<br />I care what kind of shape the country is in, and how that affects me and my family and friends--and it was clearly in far better shape under the former administration than it is under the current one.<br />And do I hate Bush? How could I? I don't even know him. I don't like his policies, and where he is leading this country.

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by PW2:<br /> As far as Clinton accomplishments, I already listed a bunch of them. Peace, NAFTA, balanced budgets and even surpluses, full employment- etc...<br />
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH, I Cant stand it, that there are people that actually believe this Cr*p!!!!! And the earth is flat also!!! And Jane Fonda was a hero.

aspeck

Staff member

How 'bout this for Clinton Accomplishments:<br /><br />having an adulterous affair with a 21-year-old White House intern, groping a female visitor in the Oval Office, assassinating the reputations of his accusers, taking campaign cash from Chi-Com donors, soliciting political donations while on government property, entertaining known criminals at private White House gatherings, hiding subpoenaed documents in the living quarters of the White House, renting the Lincoln bedroom, selling seats on Air Force One, violating the War Powers Act, bombing an aspirin factory in the Sudan, using the IRS and the FBI to attack his political enemies, using taxpayer-paid lawyers and aides to defend himself against charges of sexual misconduct, lying before a grand jury, lying when not before a grand jury, shredding documents, suborning perjury, tampering with witnesses, obstructing justice, and extending 11th-hour pardons to a slew of utterly unsavory rogues.<br /><br />Okay, I am tired and the list is long enough!