Chaparral 2000 SL Sport floor, and more?? [SPLASHED Sept 2017]

rad1026

Chief Petty Officer
Ha! We got our Chaparrals on the water the same weekend. Great job Chuck. Yeah, I have a little issue with water I need to take care of too, but it will get done. Happy days!

mr300z87

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Great Job!! its good to see another one splashed. As for the water leak check the 8 large clamps on the exhaust while running in water. Mine did not leak running on the hose but was dripping when I put it in the water and ran it and it is easy to check. Tightened them up all good now, only a little rain water in there the bilge that is not even enough to pump out.

Baylinerchuck

Commander
Ha! We got our Chaparrals on the water the same weekend. Great job Chuck. Yeah, I have a little issue with water I need to take care of too, but it will get done. Happy days!

Awesome man!! I may get one of those bore scopes so I can take a look around the rear of the engine with out being a contortionist. Lol. It is so tight around that transom. More to come.

Baylinerchuck

Commander
Great Job!! its good to see another one splashed. As for the water leak check the 8 large clamps on the exhaust while running in water. Mine did not leak running on the hose but was dripping when I put it in the water and ran it and it is easy to check. Tightened them up all good now, only a little rain water in there the bilge that is not even enough to pump out.

Thanks for the suggestion. I checked those as I had a tiny bit of weeping on muffs. Those are good and tight, I have a bit more water than weeping. I'll get it figured out, may take a little time though.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Looking awesome Chuck. You have really done a top notch job on this boat. You could hand this thing down to your grandkids.

We were at Raystown all last week and yeah with all the rain the lower part of the lake/river was trashed.

89 resorter

Petty Officer 1st Class
Great job Chuck! Glad to see the splash went well and you and the family had a good time on your brand new looking boat.

Baylinerchuck

Commander
Just bought a wifi borescope on amazon for less than $40.00. I can really get this device under the engine and tight places to look for leaks. More to report after it ships.

Baylinerchuck

Commander
Carpet arrived.....now I just need some time to install it. Maybe tomorrow. 20 oz weight is really some nice stuff.

Baylinerchuck

Commander
Also gotta fix all these broken image links. How am I ever gonna win splash of the year with a broken thread?? Lol. 🙄

Baylinerchuck

Commander
Started repairing some of the broken links in this thread. I decided to delete my PB account, hence the broken links instead of the time clock image. I fixed posts 332, 333, and 336. Since all of my pictures are on my iPhone, I used an image resizing app to make the image the correct size prior to transferring to a PC. Once on the PC, I used the advanced editor to send the image to the iBoats server. I could not get the images to populate my post properly using the "upload attachments" button in edit mode. The Advanced editor in edit mode worked the best. At this point I'm going to upload to iBoats directly. I don't think I'll ever trust a third party hosting site again. Screw me, once shame on you; screw me twice, shame on me! Or something like that.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Well you should have plenty of time to work on it since it friggin' rains every weekend! :mad::mad::mad: Just cancelled my trip to the lake for the weekend.

Baylinerchuck

Commander
No Title

Well you should have plenty of time to work on it since it friggin' rains every weekend! :mad::mad::mad: Just cancelled my trip to the lake for the weekend.

Ha ha!!! I know! What the heck. This weekend is really gonna be a frog strangler.

Speaking of which, I plan on installing carpet this weekend. Started taking out lower bolster pads and laid it out. The plan is to do 1/2 at a time. 1/2 Friday night, the other half Saturday morning, unless I'm really feeling ambitious Friday.

Attachments

• photo272443.jpg
    photo272443.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 9
  • photo272444.jpg
    photo272444.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 9

Baylinerchuck

Commander
No Title

Carpet cut and glued down. Man this 20 oz carpet feels nice on the toes. I'll wait for the carpet glue to cure a little then install the pads and access covers.

Attachments

• photo272560.jpg
    photo272560.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 8
  • photo272561.jpg
    photo272561.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 8

Baylinerchuck

Commander
No Title

Carpet 100% complete. Everything is put back together. I sealed the edges under the helms with white silicon to keep the from fraying. I really like the carpet in here again.

Attachments

• photo272615.jpg
    photo272615.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 8
  • photo272616.jpg
    photo272616.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 7
  • photo272617.jpg
    photo272617.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 8
  • photo272618.jpg
    photo272618.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 8

chevymaher

Commander
Wow the stage your in sure looks alot better than where I am. You in the go have fun stage.

Baylinerchuck

Commander
No Title

I was really missing the smell of polyester resin tonight. I decided to gelcoat a couple of dings. The first one was in the keel in the bow. The PO must have hit something. I'm just covering up the fiberglass, nothing too crazy as this area will be covered by KeelGuard. I also needed to touch up some dings in the port side top strake.

Man I missed that smell. Lol.

Attachments

• photo272976.JPG
    photo272976.JPG
    245.7 KB · Views: 6
  • photo272977.jpg
    photo272977.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 6