Chaparral 2000 SL Sport floor, and more?? [SPLASHED Sept 2017]

Baylinerchuck

Commander
No Title

Cooler weather has chased me back into the garage. I decided to remove the upper pin striping on the cap. I think it makes it look less 90's. I used a heat gun, straight razor, and 3M automotive adhesive remover. The 3M product I bought on line.

Attachments

• photo276330.jpg
    photo276330.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 11
  • photo276331.jpg
    photo276331.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 12
  • photo276332.jpg
    photo276332.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 11

sam92teg

Recruit
Enjoyed your thread very much, thanks for taking the time to post and update. Originally searched for carpet installation and ended up reading from that post on.

Baylinerchuck

Commander
Enjoyed your thread very much, thanks for taking the time to post and update. Originally searched for carpet installation and ended up reading from that post on.

Thanks and welcome to iBoats. I will be fixing all the broken Photo bucket links at some point.

Baylinerchuck

Commander
No Title

More proof that this girl is splashed. I have a few small items on my list to install, perhaps a second battery, maybe new gauges.....possibly dare I say, a sub. Any way we are really enjoying the security of knowing this is done right. How good it feels being on a solid boat.

Attachments

• photo276902.jpg
    photo276902.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 8
  • photo276903.jpg
    photo276903.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 7
  • photo276904.jpg
    photo276904.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 9
  • photo276905.jpg
    photo276905.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 9

rad1026

Chief Petty Officer
I'm pretty jealous Chuck. I'm still waiting for my exhaust manifolds. Supposed to ship this week. I haven't been on the water at all so I still haven't pulled the trigger and called my boat "splashed" yet.

Baylinerchuck

Commander
I'm pretty jealous Chuck. I'm still waiting for my exhaust manifolds. Supposed to ship this week. I haven't been on the water at all so I still haven't pulled the trigger and called my boat "splashed" yet.

Thanks!! It's been a blast. Technically I have had her in the water since late July. So happy with how she turned out.

Baylinerchuck

Commander
No Title

Been enjoying this old girl since the weather in south central PA has been really nice. Since there was a little rain today I decided to get a couple things checked off my list.

I wanted to ventilate the cavity that hold the fuel cell since there is a possibility of water being trapped there. I used an HVAC duct booster to push air through the access holes.

I also took some scrap Bimini parts I had laying around and made a couple short supports. Now the Bimini will fit in the garage without storing it forward against my windshield. Besides, I think this looks cooler.

It's soon time to lay her up for the winter. Sad.

Attachments

• photo278934.jpg
    photo278934.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 18
  • photo278935.jpg
    photo278935.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 19
  • photo278936.jpg
    photo278936.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 18

Baylinerchuck

Commander
I have broken Photo-Bucket links fixed up to post 359. I have to fix them all the way up to post 553. Its a lot of work, but well worth it. I want to make sure all this work is saved in perpetuity......or pert near.

Baylinerchuck

Commander
Made it to post 451 updating photos......I really hate kittens now, lol. Fixing these broken links is a PITA, but it seems to go much better now with this latest update to the forum.

I have a list of winter work I need to do to the old Chap, aside from just updating this post. I recently discovered one of my power trim hydraulic lines is leaking. I am pretty sure its leaking where the rubber hose is crimped to the stainless tube. The flare fittings are not leaking at all.

I want to order and install keel guard, add a second battery and switch, and install a sub woofer......well, thanks to FB Marketplace, I got a sub and amp cheap.

IMG_0936.jpg

Surprisingly this single 12" box kicks like crazy. I'm impressed. Now......to figure out where I'm going to stuff it. :facepalm:

Attachments

• IMG_0935.jpg
    IMG_0935.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 5

chevymaher

Commander
Mine has a kenwood amp it came with, I cant wait till i am in your shoes fixing little stuff but it is for all intents and purposes done.

Baylinerchuck

Commander
It'll get there my friend......one day at a time. Updating the photos in this thread has me remembering the panic stricken emotions I was under as it was the beginning of May and I still had no motor in this boat. My buddies are already on the water, and I was still in dry dock with not even a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. A little over a month later, she was splashed! Ahhh the memories. :rolleyes:

oldrem

Commander
Those of us who like to read through old restores really appreciate what you're doing. So many things that have been done are easier to understand when you can visualize them.

THANK YOU

tpenfield

Staff member
It'll get there my friend......one day at a time. Updating the photos in this thread has me remembering the panic stricken emotions I was under as it was the beginning of May and I still had no motor in this boat. My buddies are already on the water, and I was still in dry dock with not even a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. A little over a month later, she was splashed! Ahhh the memories. :rolleyes:

Yes, updating photo link is a tiring, tedious effort. (thanks a lot photobucket :rolleyes: ) I had to re-do all of my links a few years back when Comcast pulled the plug on website hosting. I moved all of my stuff to a new hosting site and spent 3-4 days fixing about 700 photo links on all of my threads here. :eek: