Browser Lagging when replying to a post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

southkogs

Staff member
Re: Browser Lagging when replying to a post.

I haven't found a solution to the slowness in replying. I've tried on several different pcs, and actually got to test it out on a few macs in the office. Sorry guys, still looking for things to optimize so that it stops lagging for you.
No worries. Thanks for working on it. I'm just kinda' reporting in as I check off "nope, that ain't it" stuff.

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

I just noticed lately that occasionally you will get a "Reply with Quote window" WITHOUT the FORD ads on each side.
When the FORD ads are missing, the reply window is not slow.

Another related complaint; Occasionally the Ford ad launches for no apparent reason and takes forever to load. (30+ Sec)
They can't be aborted and you can't hit the BACK button until they complete loading.

I am starting to hate Ford, and I own one! :D

So buy a new ford and be done with it....Gezzz

toneeees

Administrator

It used to happen about every dozen or so threads, it's increasing, and most of the time now happens every 3 post or less.

It should happen a lot less now. Let me know if you still notice it, I haven't seen it today or yesterday.

My guess has always been that the code for the ads is what is causing the lag issues. Looking at ways to fix that.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Still getting it, but it has gone back to every dozen or so threads, not every 3.

UncleWillie

Captain

It should happen a lot less now. Let me know if you still notice it, I haven't seen it today or yesterday.

My guess has always been that the code for the ads is what is causing the lag issues. Looking at ways to fix that.

Now that the ads no longer appear on each side of the window, the LAG is gone. :D

southkogs

Staff member

Had the "grey out" thing once today. But the lag on "reply to" hasn't been there so far.

Sorry that Ford had to go broke for that to happen :D

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

I don't know any thing about mac`s but have you up dated your graphic drivers, I have ran across lag issues in a lot of 3 D gaming because of that. Just a thought.

southkogs

Staff member

I don't know any thing about mac`s but have you up dated your graphic drivers, I have ran across lag issues in a lot of 3 D gaming because of that. Just a thought.
Thanks MH. Macs don't quite work like that; but my system is pretty beefy. I do 3D graphic renderings as part of my job - so, we're pretty covered there.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

Video drivers have nothing to do with the greying out of the reply box. If it was, you would be having issues with all sites. I get them too on multiple computers.

toneeees

Administrator

Working on a solution for the grayed out box.

Southkogs, a simple fix is to switch your editor interface to Full WYSIWYG. You can do this under settings, general settings and then scroll down to the bottom.

Are the guys experiencing lag still having an issue now that the ads are gone?

southkogs

Staff member

Southkogs, a simple fix is to switch your editor interface to Full WYSIWYG.
Did it. Thanks.

Are the guys experiencing lag still having an issue now that the ads are gone?
Seems better. I haven't had a ton of posts in the last couple of days, so I'll try a little extra "padding" and let you know if it's not better :D

aspeck

Staff member

... so I'll try a little extra "padding" and let you know if it's not better :D
:facepalm: Some people will do anything to up there post count ... :whistle:

toneeees

Administrator

Have you had any issues while posting?

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

I still get a grey screen occasionally but I did not change editor settings(not that I know where they are).

southkogs

Staff member

Have you had any issues while posting?
I haven't seen any issues today ... I'll let you know if I get a lag or greyed out screen.

Thanks for working on it.

tpenfield

Staff member

I've had no trouble with my Mac (OSX 10.6.8) . . . even the iPad seems to be working better with posting/replying, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.