Are all boaters republican?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: Are all boaters republican?

Originally posted by woodrat:<br /> Why aren't we invading north korea then?
'cause all you'd do is whine and moan. From your middle of the road perspective there is nothing you'd agree with. Life must be sheer h*ll, not getting any satisfaction from any quarter, all the while hoping for some elusive miracle remedies.

f_inscreenname

Commander

Just so you know I am still here and I read all the posts everyday. IMHO try not making this question a pissing match. People have there opinions some are way left and some are way right and they are sure to get your dander up. Stand your ground then let it go. Honestly there is no reason for this post to have 150 replies from the original question.

woodrat

Ensign

Wow, what a set of responses since this am! For the umpteenth time guys, not supporting GW Bush does not make me a democrat! The democratic party is NOT my party, and in fact, I don't belong to ANY party.<br /><br />Boomyal, you are starting to get a little bit rude there, for no reason that I can understand. The north korea question is a fair one, it shows up the hypocrisy and inconsistency in this administration's foreign policy stances around the world. My middle-of-the-road worthless opinion: We don't attack N. Korea because they probably actually DO have nukes, and are probably wacky enough to use them. <br /><br />No, life is not "sheer h*ll" beacause I don't get involved in knee-jerk reactionary political stances. It can be a little annoying sometimes trying to talk to the extremists on both sides, though. You all are pretty much the same in your narrow-minded certainty that ONLY your side possesses any truth at all. Reminds me of the Earth-Firsters and the radical Muslim jihadists. <br /><br />12 footer, you don't seem to have anything to say that is relevant to my posts, just a boilerplate attack on some generic "democrat" that you think anyone who doesn't support GW bush must be. BTW, the radical right's bizarre preoccupation with and fear of the dread "Hillary" cracks me up. I will agree with you on one point anyway: the democratic party's future does indeed look bleak, and it's their own doing. <br /><br />As an aside, you all know that if any democratic administration had distinguished itself in the various ways the Bush administration has-questionable contested election results settled by a partisan supreme court, secret meetings on energy policy with a VP who says that its none of America's business who writes the energy policy, same VP telling an opposition member of Congress to go "f*** yourself", lying and stretching the truth about the reasons for war, then barging ahead with the war without a workable plan, just to name a few- you'd all be giving yourselves aneurisms screaming for impeachment. typical willfully blind double standard; no matter which side is engaged in it, its pretty lame.<br /><br />At any rate, I've had enough of all of this, and when people start tossing around rude attitudes and childish name calling when discussing politics, its time to leave the room.<br /><br />Enjoy your perpetual global holy war, guys, and the ensuing economic collapse that will inevitably follow our inability to pay for it. Oh, and enjoy that Patriot Act, too; be careful what you check out from the library!<br /><br />Cheers!

ob

Admiral

Originally posted by woodrat:<br />[QB] So we are going to go to war all over the world against anyone who is trying to develop nukes to make sure no one uses our own invention on us?<br /><br />Why aren't we invading north korea then?<br /><br />That's an easy answer to a difficult solution.Got any concrete ideas of how to go about that after they already have them?That's the whole point.Prevent the countries from creating nukes that we know will use them as soon as they have them .Duh..Then work together to formulate a plan or diplomacy to deal with the countries that have them with a perpensity to use them agressively.Particularly the ones that are not willing to openly negotiate rationally ,such as North Korea.Simply attacking them is a short mouthfull of hastiness that could well lead to holocaust.Not easy to deal with people with deep seeded resentment that is not well defined.Particularly when you add in the nuclear factor.The world will simply have to find a way to co-exist with nuclear weapons or cease to exist.Even if the world agreed to destroy all of the existing nukes ,we'd all need to be lobotomized or they just come back.

Ralph 123

Captain

The north Korea question is a fair one, it shows up the hypocrisy and inconsistency in this administration's foreign policy stances around the world.
I'll take a stab at this.<br /><br />1) Diplomacy has not yet run its coarse in NK. Remember, Iraq had years of sanctions and security council resolutions, etc., before war. That is not the case in NK. China, Japan, Russia, South Korea are all now actively meeting with NK to attempt a peaceful solution. The left has attacked the President for "going it alone" in Iraq and now attack him for using a multilateral solution in NK. Pure hipocrasy...<br /><br />2) NK although bonkers as all heck, is not directly affiliated with radical Islam and does not have the recent history of aggression that Iraq and Saddam had. They have not attacked 2 neighbors and gone to war with the whole world in recent history. They are not harboring known terrorist. They are not paying the families of suicide bombers, etc.<br /><br />3) China (and maybe Russia) can take out Kim Chong-il (and just Kim) any time they want... They just have to get to the point where they decide it is in their best interest to do so.<br /><br />4) They have nukes already making a military solution much more risky

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by WillyBWright:<br /> This one is in response to kenimpzoom...<br /><br />1) If you believe Iraq had anything to do with 9/11, then you are a Republican.<br /><br />2) If you believe that you can conduct war, maintain a government, AND cut taxes, then you are a Republican.<br /><br />3) If you believe in adding to the trillions of dollars in debt the US already owes from the Reagan era, then you are a Republican.<br /><br />4) If you believe that you can eliminate terrorism by killing them at 1/10th the rate that they're being produced, then you are a Republican.<br /><br />5) If you believe that raiding the Social Security Trust Fund is justifiable for any reason whatsoever, then you are a Republican.<br /><br />6) If you believe that it is necessary to hunt with assault weapons, then you are a Republican.<br /><br />7) If you believe that misleading a nation regarding an extramarital tryst is impeachable but misleading the world to war resulting in tens of thousands of deaths is not, then you are a Republican.<br /><br />8) If you think that smearing a war hero's valor when you used Daddy's influence to avoid going there yourself is not hypocricy, then you are a Republican.<br /><br />9) If you believe the Patriot Act is Divine and questioning it's revokation of many of the Constitution's and Bill of Rights articles is tantamount to Treason, then you are definately a Republican.
Man I hate repeating my self.<br />1) Um, nobody ever said Iraq had anything to do with 9/11. Please educate yourself.<br /><br />2&3) Taxes control the economy, high taxes slows down the economy, low taxes speed up economy. Which do you want to happen? Clinton raised taxes, and made a lot of money for the government, but low and behold, what happened??? THE ECONOMY SLOWED DOWN.<br /><br />4) I ask you, just what are you supposed to do with terrorists. Be their friend, and they will like us?<br /><br />5)IMO, you can totally eliminate the Social Security fund. I can take care of myself. (And no I am not rich, I live in a 50 yr old house and struggle to make it paycheck to paycheck).<br /><br />6)Assualt weapons ban was "feel good" legisialtion.<br /><br />7)Please prove Bush mislead us into war. He had a hunch there were WMD, his hunch was mostly wrong, but isnt it weird there has not been a single attack in the USA since then?<br /><br />8)AHAH! I finally agree with you on this one. Didnt like either, but to many "swing voters" they respond to stupid crap like this.<br /><br />9)I am also not so fond of this legislation, but it is only bad if it is abused. Once the abuse starts, it will be changed.<br /><br />Ken

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

Woodrat, we have answered all those questions in the past. Just read back in some of the post here in this forum.

grandx

Petty Officer 1st Class

Rebuttle, added to Keni's<br /><br />This one is in response to kenimpzoom...<br /><br />If you believe Iraq had anything to do with 9/11, then you are a Republican.<br /><br /><GX> Extreme muslems with weapons and or money to fund terrorism along with a willingness to do so.. how's that for a connection?<br /><br />If you believe that you can conduct war, maintain a government, AND cut taxes, then you are a Republican.<br /><br /><GX> Tax cut came first, and I'd like to see more. Protecting our citizens is the job of the government and should be top priority at this time.<br /><br />If you believe in adding to the trillions of dollars in debt the US already owes from the Reagan era, then you are a Republican.<br /><br /><GX> Beat's reducing the debt and having more 911 type incidents on our soil, take the fight to the ones looking for it, better to fight there than here no matter the price.<br /><br />If you believe that you can eliminate terrorism by killing them at 1/10th the rate that they're being produced, then you are a Republican.<br /><br /><GX> I'd need to see your data/statistics to confirm your credibility that extreme terror wanting muslems who want to destroy christian westeners are being born quicker than we are removing them. I find it hard to believe that the wait and see approach would be better.<br /><br />If you believe that raiding the Social Security Trust Fund is justifiable for any reason whatsoever, then you are a Republican.<br /><br /><GX> It's my understanding this program has been in trouble for some time, I regret I don't have enough information on this subject so I shall pass instead of speaking without facts to back me up.. <br /><br />If you believe that it is necessary to hunt with assault weapons, then you are a Republican.<br /><br /><GX> For the millionth time... the 5th amendment has nothing to do with hunting, it was about protection and the right to be armed, armed for protection, get it?<br /><br />If you believe that misleading a nation regarding an extramarital tryst is impeachable but misleading the world to war resulting in tens of thousands of deaths is not, then you are a Republican.<br /><br /><GX> I think it's impeachable to lie under oath, just immoral and not real bright to have the affair. There is no evidence of intentional misleading of the American public, US intelligence as well as other United Nations governments intelligence agencies felt Irag had the weapons, only GW had to balls to stand up and do something about it. If a mistake was made it was made on the best side. Iraq/Sadaam had broken some UN santions and that was enough to "legally justify" military action.<br /><br /><br />If you think that smearing a war hero's valor when you used Daddy's influence to avoid going there yourself is not hypocricy, then you are a Republican.<br /><br /><GX> Smear on both sides, who's done more I'm not sure. Kerry should have thought twice about bringing Vietnam to the forefront of his race, should have realized there were other vets not happy with his Vietnam record. <br /><br />If you believe the Patriot Act is Divine and questioning it's revokation of many of the Constitution's and Bill of Rights articles is tantamount to Treason, then you are definately a Republican.<br /><br /><GX> Not sure of all the details of the patriot act, I'm against giving up my rights there must be a balance to my families safety.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

Iraq broke some UN sanctions? Why don't we take it a step further and mention that Germany, Russia, and France not only helped Iraq to break those rules. But they also gave them things they were not suppose to have, even up to the beginning of the war. Let's not forget about 20% of France's population is Muslim. You can't tell me there aren't any extremist involved in government discissions and influence there.<br /><br />I could go on and on, but these things have been hased out before. These libs are hoping we get tired of defending ourselves.

SCO

Lieutenant

RE: Korea "My middle-of-the-road worthless opinion: We don't attack N. Korea because they probably actually DO have nukes, and are probably wacky enough to use them. "<br /><br />I also want to add that Korea is more of a threat to its neighbors, therefore, they are motivated to participate where in the case of 911 and Iraq, the threat is primairly at us.

SCO

Lieutenant

RE: Korea "My middle-of-the-road worthless opinion: We don't attack N. Korea because they probably actually DO have nukes, and are probably wacky enough to use them. "<br /><br />I also want to add that Korea is more of a threat to its neighbors, therefore, they are motivated to participate where in the case of 911 and Iraq, the threat is primairly directed at us.

woodrat

Ensign

Sorry, just had to get back in here I guess.<br /><br />kenimpzoom: GW Bush himself and many of his cronies over and over again declared that saddam was connected to Osama and 911. In spite of the fact that there is not a shred of evidence to support this, unless you take grandx's logic that they are all muslims and into terrorism as a connection. BTW, Saddam was not an islamist extremist, and was denounced by osama many times for NOT being an islamist extremist.<br /><br />SCO: how is it that N Korea, positioned close enough to hit the west coast with a missle is less of a threat to us than saddam, who was barely capable of lobbing a missle outside the middle east? I think the threat of iraq was primarily to Israel, not us. Except for the oil of course, but that wouldn't have anything to do with why we are at war in the middle east now, would it?

Ralph 123

Captain

GW Bush himself and many of his cronies over and over again declared that Saddam was connected to Osama and 911.
Now it is your turn to put up Woodrat. Please provide proof as good as the proof I provided you. I want you to show me where GW said Saddam was linked to 911. BTW, you haven't acknowledge being dead wrong about the Saudi flights...

woodrat

Ensign

This is from a cursory search of the white house website. Note paragraphs 13 and 14 specifically. I'm sure if I had the patience with my dial up connection I could find more, because he and his advisors claimed the connection many times. Somewhere recently I read of a poll that showed that something like 60-70% of americans polled believed that saddam was behind 911.<br /><br />I believe that a primary source is actually a step up from a secondary source, isn't it?<br /><br /><br /> http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2002/10/20021007-8.html <br /><br /><br />As to the Saudi flights, I will acknowledge that you have indeed provided a link to official, possibly credible parties that say it didn't happen.

SCO

Lieutenant

The reason to attack Iraq was to confront the Middle eastern threat which has attacked us and proven them selves to be capable of anything. Very dangerous. <br /><br />There are shreads of evidence linking Saddam and Alqeda.<br /><br />What are you arguing? That Korea is clearly more dangerous and so since we didn't attack them there is a conspiracy of some sort? We perceived(correctly IMHO) that Saddam was very dangerous to the USA. To take him out and put a democracy in it's place is a twofer in the overall war against those that would explode a nuke or fertilizer bomb in your, yes your, city. Is a police action what should have been undertaken??? That's a valid debate topic, but this is certainly no time for half measures considering their intent to commit mass murder on us.<br /><br />Also, I believe more likely than not that Iraq was connected to 911, by money or training or safe harbor, but I wouldnt bet on it. So what. That statistic is meaningless...doesnt prove that we were duped. I didn't think we went to war with them as retribution, but to answer the threat they posed after our eyes were opened on 911. Do you woodrat think that a post 911 Saddam, after being allowed to stay in power because the Inspectors "couldn't find anything" would be an emboldened and arrogant megalomanicial threat to the impotent USA? A USA that was powerless to uphold the UN mandate even after 3000 of her citizens was murdered. We couldn't let him get away with that because it would have been like throwing a piece of bloody meat into shark infested waters.

karl smith

Cadet

You know, this started out as are you all conservative? Well, I am, but our government is not. You can't point the finger at GW or JK and say this is bad/good. Our problem is CONGRESS. If you can't see that, sit back and think about it for a minute. Every spending bill originates in the house of reps. Our senate and house are the most selfish, sell-out bunch ever put before the public. We've got some real winners in there, just a bunch of pigs slopping at the public trough. Don't point the finger at any president and ask what happened to the jobs, etc. Just look at all the foreign products around your houses. The problem is not the president! It is those who continually vote to put our country further and further into debt. They have to vote to pillage social security, foriegn aid etc. It's congress.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I now have to derail a thread for only the second time of my 4year membership with iboats.<br />You should pat yourself on the back for that, "Woodrat".<br /><br />
Originally posted by woodrat:<br /> John Kerry and the dems DO need me, that's for sure, but they haven't done a thing to deserve my vote. Not being George Bush just isn't enough. <br /><br />I predict that George and his pals won't even need the new voting machines with the proprietary code written by partisan republicans, that no independent parties are allowed to look at or test. I think the dems will lose anyway.
Excuse me, but did you claim to be a Liberarian? LOL.<br />
Originally posted by woodrat:<br /> <br /><br />Skip the BS name calling 12 footer. You can either show me the respect of calling me by my handle, as I do for you, or cease talking to me at all, OK? I guess I'm just too dumb to even get whatever lame joke you must be trying to make at my expense.<br /><br />I think all the lame congresspeople who handed their war-making authority to GW just did whatever was the path of least resistance. No one wanted to be branded as "unpatriotic". The patriot act was passed without even being read by the idiots who voted for it. Who wants to be on record as having voted against the "Patriot Act"?<br />
Who is calling you names, Bob? I respect anyone who shows me the same, and never try to perjudge allthough I (as with any other human who is honest with themself), do fall-short of this, and let one slip from time-to-time. NO disrepect was intended. <br />Besides,it would appear you are actually calling me names, not that I'm offended. However, I must warn you, the mods do not take kindly to name-calling. As for calling my I.Q. into question, I'm used to it. Whenever a liberal tries to debate an issue, and can no longer debate the opponent on the subject matter, a well-used tactic is to start with the name-calling. Stuff like "Oh yeah? Well you'ree stupid!"<br /><br /> One thing you'll learn about me is, My total disregard for spelling/grammar. This trait was beaten-into me by Catholic nuns. Now that they and thier ruller (weapon of choice) are no longer calling my shots, I call my own. I like the way I type,and insist on using the frowned-upon "two-finger hunt-n-peck" meathod. Suffer if you must, but it's the way I do things. And I am thankfull the moderators do not take-off points for typos.LOL. Sorry.<br />Whatever, Woodrat. As for political labels, I know what you are in just 46 posts. I'm good at this. Here ya go (in your own words.<br /><br />
Originally posted by woodrat:<br /> <br />There are new voting machines out there that are built by a company run by a partisan republican. The code is proprietary and no one is allowed to test these machines or see the software. I will see if I can dig up some documentation unless your partisan republican-ism forbids you to look at that sort of thing.<br /><br />election rigging is not exactly a new concept, and of course, both parties have done it.<br /><br />The iraq war was concieved of long before 911, just go to the website for Project for a New American Century. If you read far enough you will find a statement to the effect that a catastrophic event is needed to get the american public to support war that they would not normally be in favor of. That was written in 99 or 2000 I believe. And who believes that we mobilized the war on afghanistan in less than 60 days when it took months to get in place for iraq? Or that the patriot act wasn't already written and waiting well before 911? And hasn't the WMD lie been pretty well borne out yet? Bush and his pals lied about almost everything regarding iraq. In fact, while I was watching the tube on sept 12,2001 I watched highly placed govt officials say straight to the camera, that from here on in, the american people would not be told the truth about these affairs, because they just didn't need to know----
Non-Partison? You sure have a very low opinion of the current administration to be a Libertarian ,Not that it matters to me. But you might want to review your political ideolgies again, and base an opinion upon fact as opposed to spin and conspiracy theory---<br />Really, not a biggie to me, but from my limitted experiance with debating Libertarians, liberals, socialists,conservatives et al, I've noticed that liberals cannot stand being labled by others. But I for one need a starting reference to base my rebuttals with. If you can't make up your mind, just say so. But opinions and philosophes make up what we are. And "Words mean things".<br />BTW, my name is Sean, but you can call me lame,stupid or whatever until they remove you. <br />Stick around,and let's debate the issues.and let's both try to remain cival. Deal?<br /> God bless America, and God Bless You, Woodrat.

woodrat

Ensign

I think it is more likely for me on the NW coast to be worried about what N Korea is capable of than worrying about saddam. And besides, Saddam has been a thug and a brute and a bad neighbor for many, many years, and for many of those years we either looked the other way, or actively supported him in his thuggery, especially when it involved gassing the iranians.<br /><br />I have to admit that I'm one of those wackos that think that the terrorist threat from the middle east is at least partially related to our long foreign policy history there. we have supported the corrupt saudis, the thuggish saddam, the bloodthirsty mujahedin, and the brutal israeli regimes for years and years, without regard to their human rights violations or anything else. And in doing so, we've made a lot of enemies and that is now coming home to roost. Fair enough to say that we must now defend ourselves against those enemies, but lets not pretend that we didn't have an active hand in making those enemies in the first place. And we will make a whole lot more before much time passes like this.<br /><br />And let's certainly not pretend that this war that we have entered into has an end in sight. We are talking perpetual war here, because we will never defeat these people by trying to kill each and every one of them. Israel has been killing palestinians by the hundreds for years, and has many of them living under martial law inside a fence and still they fight back and inflict casualties on the israelis, with nowhere near the firepower or funding.<br /><br />If we think we have a right to impose our will anywhere in the world by military might, then we will always have determined and angry enemies. And I for one, am not interested in sending my tax dollars or my children off to be expended in the endless enterprise. Do I have the magic solution under my hat? Of course not. I know that the whole thing is far more compicated than I have the information to understand, and I am not such a pacifist that I would advocate for no military or defence strategy. I just don't trust the Bush/Cheney clan and I don't like their arrogant, swaggering hubris-filled style either. This "god wanted me to be president and lead us into war in the middle east" business gives me the creeps to be honest. I don't believe that Americans are somehow naturally better people than everyone else, or that we have the perfect system that should be rammed down every one else's throats. Abu Ghraib showed the world that we are every bit as flawed and capable of senseless brutality as anyone else.<br /><br />Anyway, I digress...

SCO

Lieutenant

It's all about he threat we face Woodrat, not the cause or our guilt as a nation. To "take the blame" makes us vulnerable and weak. I am all for fixing our foreign policy, becoming a better people, but right now don't we have to react to those that are doing their darndest to kill us? Our enemy is not hampered by your style of introspection. We need to circle the wagons, even if it is our fault, and defeat this enemy, and by your response you and I agree here. They are not more deserving than us to inherit this earth. That inheritance goes and has always gone, for the whole of human history, to the winners. What makes us more deserving?? We're willing to share it, they aren't. Moral high ground claimed. Let's not doubt that. Why do men swagger anyway? Maybe there is a selective advantage in that. Maybe we need to feel tough to be tough. Maybe a swagger makes the enemy fear our self confidence. We need force of will. We don't need doubt and fear and feminity against this enemy whose culture preys on the weak.

NOSLEEP

Commander

You're dissecting the branches woodrat, But the<br />root is were you will find your answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.