Are all boaters republican?

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodrat

Ensign
Re: Are all boaters republican?

12 footer, <br /><br />I didn't call YOU stupid, I said that *I* must be too dumb to get your joke on my handle. PW2? from woodrat? I still don't get it. <br /><br />Politically I am conservative on some things, liberal on others, just like probably many many other americans. And because I don't fit into one particular pigeonhole, I don't like people who know me only from a few posts on a forum deciding they know what pigeonhole I really belong in. You don't. I'm sure that you have figured out that you don't like my politcal stands, because at least in this forum, they revolve around my critique and dislike of an administration that you avidly support. But just because I don't like the brave new world/GW bush/cheney/ashcroft/patriot act/"people need to watch what they say"/"go f*** yourself"/Enron energy market scamming administration that is now in power does not mean that there are no truly conservative priciples I can relate to. <br /><br />I am against gun control, pro-hunting and fishing, pro-family farming and forestry, in favor of self-sufficiency, against most taxes, and suspicious of many things that are shoved down our throats and called "progress". I eat meat and know how to raise and butcher my own. I own a small sawmill and believe in making boards from trees (not sawdust glued into board-shapes). Most of these things do not sit so well with the urban, liberal types.<br /><br />I'm also in favor of a woman's right to have an abortion, don't give a crap one way or the other about gay marriage, have several gay friends, shop at food co-ops occasionally, don't support big timber corporations and their big stream-choking, employment-killing clearcuts, am against genetically modified food and most chemical agriculture. I think factory raised meat is a crime against god's creation. I do not support energy deregulation, or any of the other corporate scams of the last decade or so, including GATT and NAFTA. I am in favor of legalizing marijuana and not wasting prison space on non-violent pot offenders and the like. (yes I even think that poor old Rush deserves some sympathy for his pill habit, which is more than he ever extended to anyone else in that predicament.) All of these stands (except a pardon for Rush of course) earn me much derision from the conservatives too.<br /><br />I have been a redneck, punk rocker, hippie and back again to redneck. I have been to peace protests and raced a stock car.<br /><br />So no, I don't imagine that you really know that much about me from my few posts here on Iboats.

SCO

Lieutenant

Wasn't a joke, 12 and I were thinking that you sounded like Plywoody, aka PW2, also in the forest industry, who changes services now and then and assumes a new handle.

woodrat

Ensign

SCO,<br /><br />If we don't look at the causes, then we will surely make the same mistakes again in the future. <br /><br />If we avoid looking at the causes because of our pride and superiority complex then we deserve what we get.<br /><br />I don't agree that "taking the blame" (ie "accepting responsibility") makes us weak. Serious introspection, self-analysis and taking responsibiliy for any wrongdoing we are responsible for makes a person stronger, why wouldn't it make a nation stronger? You may be right that that would be a distraction in time of war, I have mixed feelings about that, but when do you suppose that should take place? After the war that has no end ends? The further down this road we go in self assured arrogance and willful ignorance about our own part in the problem, the worse its going to get and the less likely it will be that the accepting responsibility will ever take place.<br /><br />No I don't believe that "they" are any more deserving of inheriting the earth than we are, and I don't believe that we are more deserving either.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

You can't be that bad bad, if you race stock cars and eat meat.LOL<br />Actually,judging by that post, I was way off, and you and I pretty much have all kinds of stuff in-common.<br />Also, like I said earlier, no biggie about the name-calling on my part, and I hope no offense was taken on yours. Just be carefull for the mod's sake. They are what make this site VERY special, but they are quick on the draw.<br /><br />The refernce to PW2, Plytwoody, you (woodrat)and the address is that they all route-thru the same IP carrier in Canada. No biggie, I just thought you were Bobber. If not, ohwell, Sorry. Just know none of those names are meant to belittle you. I may disagree with them all politically, but we all "just get allong". And BTW, welcome to iboats,and I look-forward to your input. One last sugjestion for the newbie...don't "take your ball and go home", like some have done.

woodrat

Ensign

SCO;<br /><br />No I am who I say I am. All you had to do is ask.

ob

Admiral

woodrat is not aka plywoody,woodrust,PW2 and happens to live in the Washington area and is in the lumber business and partakes in differences of opinion with 12Footer?Has anyone notified Guiness?

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by SCO:<br /> Wasn't a joke, 12 and I were thinking that you sounded like Plywoody, aka PW2, also in the forest industry, who changes services now and then and assumes a new handle.
Yup. And thru the same route IP too. Sta-range.<br />Hey, Woodrat, are you in the forestry biz?

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by ob:<br /> woodrat is not aka plywoody,woodrust,PW2 and happens to live in the Washington area and is in the lumber business and partakes in differences of opinion with 12Footer?Has anyone notified Guiness?
lol

SCO

Lieutenant

Heck, it's nice to have that high ground, but I don't even care if they are more deserving of that inheritance at this point, my instinct is to survive regardless. And I agree about the introspection theoretically, I do it myself to be objective about emotional issues, and in that way we should be introspective. A lot of introspection going on though now adays is aimed at taking blame in a hope for garnering compassion from or identifying with our enemy, you know, Stockholm Syndrome. I think the opposite is achieved from this enemy. I think that kind of introspection is hurting us badly. The division is hurting us badly. We need our war faces on just like in Braveheart. Can't have half fighting and half breaking and expect to win.

SCO

Lieutenant

HaHa ob, and 12. Fact is that All Washingtonians think alike and are in the forest industry. ;) How do you get the ip addresses 12? Are you a mod?<br />Busted. :cool:

woodrat

Ensign

If I was the take-my-ball-and-go-home type, i'd have been outta here a LONG time ago...<br /><br />I wondered what all the IP address biz was about...have to admit it seemed a little strange and threatening. Yes, I am in the wood biz, although its been slow lately and I have been working other jobs. <br /><br /> http://www.specialtywoods.net

SCO

Lieutenant

like maybe the... PLYWOOD business??? :eek: <br /><br />I accept your explaination, byt have yall noticedthat woodrat and plywoody never post simultaneously??

woodrat

Ensign

sorry, i don't have much to do with plywood. If I did, at today's prices I'd be a rich man..

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by SCO:<br /> HaHa ob, and 12. Fact is that All Washingtonians think alike and are in the forest industry. ;) How do you get the ip addresses 12? Are you a mod?<br />Busted. :cool:
No, I got "software",SCO. Between Doorman, MS security,and Norton IP security, It lets me know "things", and also alerts to backdoor attack attempts. None sucessfull so far, but it also shows the IP adress to the last server...Lastest was today, from Virginia....It get's old, but at least they bounce off my firewalls (dang mutants)!!!<br /> One feature is so scarey I wont use it...It shows the reader HIS IP. Don't axe me how. I do not know, and do not want to --- It's too invasive for my fragile OS.

ob

Admiral

Against energy deregulation and even Nafta? Bill Clintons Nafta? woodrat can't be that bad of a guy then. :D

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by SCO:<br /> like maybe the... PLYWOOD business??? :eek: <br /><br />I accept your explaination, byt have yall noticedthat woodrat and plywoody never post simultaneously??
Yes. And that's what made me check.<br />But what's in a name anyhow? lol

ob

Admiral

Originally posted by 12Footer:
But what's in a name anyhow? lol <br /><br />In this case the word wood. ;)

NOSLEEP

Commander

All right, enough already. <br />Group hug. :D <br />I like the bashing and stabbing better. :p

ob

Admiral

Just funning. O X O X O X .You have to admit the coincidences are er uh ............kind of OJish. :D

Ralph 123

Captain

Woodrat - you're going to have to help me. I can't seem to find where he said Iraq had anything to do with 911.<br /><br />Let me save you some typing. Please don't bother quoting the part we he talks about ties between al Qaeda and Iraq since I will then have to go to the 911 Commission reports and/or "Ghost Wars" and show you that there were indeed ties. We are talking about the President saying that they had something to do with 911. That was your charge.<br /><br />Also, wrt the polls, it is my opinion the liberal press is misinterpreting what they mean. Those people don't think Iraq had something to do with it because of anything the President said. They think it for the same reason the think Scott Peterson killed his wife. They think it for the same reason they think OJ is guilty. They can't prove it, but they feel it.<br /><br />There is another poll I think is widely misinterpreted as well, that's the right track/wrong track number. I'd be willing to bet a large sum that many who say wrong track, like me, are referring to the vicious attacks of the left...<br /><br />Make no mistake, the left lost power in the last 3 years and it has drive them totally insane. I heard Pat Cadell talk about this in passionate and convincing terms today. Here is a good lifelong Democrat disgusted by what has been happening to his party (and he is no conservative but in his own words, he is a Patriot first)<br /><br />The left in this country is petrified that GW will get to pick the next 3 Supreme Court Justices and they will do anything in their power to prevent that from happening. Anything. We haven't seen anything yet. The more Kerry sinks the more desperate they will become and like a cornered, wounded wild animal, they will get vicious and it will either kill them or Bush.

Status
Not open for further replies.