Are all boaters republican?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralph 123

Captain
Re: Are all boaters republican?

That's the closest I've seen but I don't think that it is to be construed as being an assertion of a link. This is legalese that describes the act, the operative word being including Let's see the Cheney stuff...<br /><br />
acting pursuant to the Constitution and Public Law 107-243 is consistent with the United States and other countries continuing to take the necessary actions against international terrorists and terrorist organizations, including those nations, organizations, or persons who planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001

Ralph 123

Captain

This is what I remember for Cheney on Meet the Press the second time around - this is hardly the assertion of a link to 911...<br /><br />
<br /><br />RUSSERT: But is there a connection? (between Iraq & 911)<br /><br />CHENEY: We don't know. You and I talked about this two years ago. I can remember you asking me this question just a few days after the original attack. At the time I said no, we didn't have any evidence of that. Subsequent to that, we've learned a couple of things. We learned more and more that there was a relationship between Iraq and al-Qaeda that stretched back through most of the decade of the '90s, that it involved training, for example, on BW and CW, that al-Qaeda sent personnel to Baghdad to get trained on the systems that are involved. The Iraqis providing bomb-making expertise and advice to the al-Qaeda organization. <br /><br />We know, for example, in connection with the original World Trade Center bombing in '93 that one of the bombers was Iraqi, returned to Iraq after the attack of '93. And we've learned subsequent to that, since we went into Baghdad and got into the intelligence files, that this individual probably also received financing from the Iraqi government as well as safe haven. <br /><br />Now, is there a connection between the Iraqi government and the original World Trade Center bombing in '93? We know, as I say, that one of the perpetrators of that act did, in fact, receive support from the Iraqi government after the fact. With respect to 9/11, of course, we've had the story that's been public out there. The Czechs alleged that Mohamed Atta, the lead attacker, met in Prague with a senior Iraqi intelligence official five months before the attack, but we've never been able to develop anymore of that yet either in terms of confirming it or discrediting it. We just don't know. [End of Excerpt] <br /><br />

Skinnywater

Commander

I really like what I gave you above. :) <br />If the author (Bush)writes includes then he's making the link. <br />He's making the assertion (case for war)of, who (terrorists), what (Sept. 11, '01)and where (Iraq). All in one short and to the point letter.<br /><br />Additionally, this is the best I could find pre-war. <br />I have problems with these in relation to satisfying your request. They won't qualify with what your wanting with my own logic.<br />However, it may qualify as the connection with the sheeple.<br />This was the intended purpose anyhow.<br />While not actually saying Saddam was responsible for 911, the assertion, or the genuine attempt to herd the sheep is obvious. <br /><br />September 25, 2002<br />During a White House meeting with Colombian President Alvaro Uribe, George Bush claims that Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden "work in concert. The danger is, is that al Qaeda becomes an extension of Saddam's madness and his hatred and his capacity to extend weapons of mass destruction around the world."<br /><br />September 26, 2002<br />Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld claims that the U.S. government has "bulletproof" confirmation of ties between Baghdad and al Qaeda members, including "solid evidence" that al Qaeda maintains a presence in Iraq.<br /><br />December 2, 2002<br />In a speech to the Air National Guard Senior Leadership Conference in Denver, Vice President **** Cheney accuses Saddam Hussein of "harboring terrorists and the instruments of terror," and that Iraq "has had high-level contacts with al Qaeda going back a decade and has provided training to al Qaeda terrorists."

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Ralph, found a couple of examples of the type I was referring to.<br /><br /> http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/09/12/kerry.powell.iraq/ <br />__________________________________________________<br /><br />On Thursday in Cincinnati, Ohio, Cheney described Saddam as a "man who provided safe harbor and sanctuary to terrorists for years" and who "provided safe harbor and sanctuary as well for al Qaeda."<br /><br />In Wisconsin on Friday, he said the "al Qaeda organization had a relationship with the Iraqis."<br /><br />"The bottom line is that we're [in Iraq] for the safety and security of the nation, and our friends and allies around the world," Cheney said.<br /><br />"We didn't do anything to provoke the attack of 9/11. We were attacked by the terrorists, and we've responded forcefully and aggressively."<br /><br />_________________________________________________<br /><br />those last two paragraphs are a perfect axample of what I meant. While the two paragraphs may not directly state a link between IRaq and 9/11, the way they are constructed will imply such a link to ALOT of listeners. <br /><br />From the same article:<br /><br />In September 2003, Cheney said Iraq under Saddam had been "the geographic base of the terrorists who have had us under assault now for many years, but most especially on 9/11."

Ralph 123

Captain

Very weak. Well, maybe I just have a lot more faith in the intelligence of the common man. I simply do not accept the assertion: "the way they are constructed will imply such a link to ALOT of listeners" but, if it works for you, so be it... and if this qualifies as proof that "the administrations has tried to give the impression of close ties between Saddam & 9/11 right from the start." I guess you've met your burden of proof. <br /><br /><br />Now, if you don't think this is accurate, let me know and I'll provide evidence:<br /><br />
Cheney described Saddam as a "man who provided safe harbor and sanctuary to terrorists for years" and who "provided safe harbor and sanctuary as well for al Qaeda."

Ralph 123

Captain

Possible Saddam-Al Qaeda Link Seen in U.N. Oil-for-Food Program <br /><br />Friday, September 17, 2004<br />By Claudia Rosett and George Russell <br /><br /> http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,132682,00.html <br /><br />
LUGANO, Switzerland — Did Saddam Hussein use any of his ill-gotten billions filched from the United Nations Oil-for-Food program to help fund Al Qaeda? <br /><br />Investigations have shown that the former Iraqi dictator grafted and smuggled more than $10 billion from the program that for seven years prior to Saddam's overthrow was meant to bring humanitarian aid to ordinary Iraqis. And the Sept. 11 Commission has shown a tracery of contacts between Saddam and Al Qaeda that continued after billions of Oil-for-Food dollars began pouring into Saddam's coffers and Usama bin Laden declared his infamous war on the U.S.<br /><br />Now, buried in some of the United Nation's own confidential documents, clues can be seen that underscore the possibility of just such a Saddam-Al Qaeda link ...

Status
Not open for further replies.