Are all boaters republican?

Status
Not open for further replies.

muskyone

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Are all boaters republican?

all i know is i work my but off and thay take about 1k out of my ck every week for taxes i pay 47cents in taxes for every gallon of gas i buy i pay tax on my property my lumber heck every thing but my food and i think my hunting lic is taxed so i pay it on my food to so for every doller i earn i get like what 4 cents out of it somethings gotta change and it wont come from kerry

Skinnywater

Commander

quote:<br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />And I'm so sick of that s**t from politicians from both parties I could puke. <br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br /><br />This is truely progress. I'm excited to hear this more frequently.<br />Once we convince enough that voting for the lesser of two evils is actually hurting the country, and the status-quo is over, true statesmen might step up to the plate again.

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Originally posted by Ralph:<br />
And I'm so sick of that s**t from politicians from both parties I could puke.
On that we can agree. <br /><br />Like most engineers I am a pragmatist. I care about solving problems and getting things done. Engineers leave perfect theoretical solutions to the "pure science" academics. To simply throw up your hands and say "a pox on both houses" may be satisfying and true but it does not advance a solution. You've got to pick a side that, although far from perfect, is closer to your way of thinking. Then, you work within that framework to solve problems and influence the thinking of the entire group.<br /><br />The sad truth is, most people are heavily influenced by sound bites broadcast by the media and through advertising. Any group that fails to play the game by the current rules won't make a darn bit of difference in this country because they will never be elected.
Ralph, your points are well taken. Just a coule of additional comments:<br /><br />Rather than 'a pox on both houses' approach, I think a part of me is looking at the election process and appealing to supporters on both sides (especially the hardcore idealogues) to show show some objectivity and integrity and call a foul when you see it, whether it's on your party or the other. Ok, I know that's pretty naive, but one can wish. <br /><br />I understand your perspective about working from within to change things. I'm also thinking about process and how a 'win at all costs' approach using tactics many view as 'unethical' can effect the extent of change possible for a party, even if successful. No matter what the outcome, there will always be 2 parties and I've gotta believe that the extent to which one works to subvert the accomplishments of the other is likely to be proportional to the bitterness of the contest. <br /><br />I think it's going to be critical to bring campaining back to a civilized level if we are to have any hope of reducing the polarization between the two parties and restoring some level of respect across them. Even if you agree with some of this, your pragmatic side is probably thinking, ok, how do you approach that? <br /><br />Don't know, but I hope that identifiying it as a problem might help start a discussion that could lead towards some practical steps.<br /><br />And yes it is sad that most people are so heavily influenced by sound bites and advertising. I find it somewhat depressing that they either don't take the time or have the capacity to look beyond sound bites to the real issues.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

The ones that pay attention have already made up their minds, and probably did months ago. The ones that are left are justifiably jaded by this whole thing and so disgusted by all the backshooting that they'd rather not vote at all. I don't blame them and if I didn't want Bush out of office so bad, I'd be one of them! What's the point anyhow? It's not like we puny insignificant citizens actually choose our President anyhow. I think the Constitution is a wonderful document defining a marvelous ideology. But this Electoral College Crapola Has Got To Go!!! I expect a Revolt if Junior is "appointed" President twice!

Ralph 123

Captain

If we didn't have the electoral college just 14 large states would determine the President. Everybody else would get totally ignored. All a candidate would have to do is promise huge giveaways to those states and win the election. That can't be what you want can it?<br /><br />Like it or not he won fair and square. Every liberal paper went down and counted the ballots and reached the same conclusion. And now, we have documented evidence of thousands of Democrats who voted in Florida and New York which just increased the size of his win in Florida.<br /><br />I bet you were one of those guys after 911 riding around with the "Thank you Florida" and "Thank God I voted for Bush" bumper stickers I saw everywhere in Liberal MA :)

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

What other political leader of our times would come close to George W Bush in terms of political courage and strength of character ?<br /><br />I like the guy's style... Remember the "You're either with us or against us" statement at the start of the war on terror ? I reckon that sorted out all the marginal countries straight away. Look at how Pakistan fell into line and has been handing over captured al Qaeda characters ever since.<br /><br />What about Ghadaffi ? there was no way he wanted to go the same way as Saddam. Why does nobody mention that victory any more ?<br /><br />Bush's polarizing style is brilliant in times of war ( recall "The Axis of Evil" speech ). The last thing you want in times of a global war are "neutral" spectators sitting on the sidelines. You want to know who are your friends and who are your enemies. Bush's style was brilliant in my view.<br /><br />Iraq - how many other presidents or world leaders would have had the guts to go it virtually alone (at the start) and take out Saddam (The UN's lack of resolve was pityful). Most politicians would be happy to play along with Saddam's games and hand the hot potato along to the next president. Lets not kid ourselves - Saddam was a major threat - not because of whatever stockpile of WMDs he had at the time of the invasion - but because of his intent and his capacity for genocide. Why else would so many US troops need to be based in Saudi for such a long time (and wasn't this what stirred up Osama in the first place?).<br /><br />And at the end of the day, a leader's first responsibility is the security of his people....and maybe it's a bit un-PC of me to say this, but I reckon if the fighting wasn't happening in Iraq and Afganistan right now...it would be happening in mainland USA...just my opinion.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by WillyBWright:<br /> What's the point anyhow? It's not like we puny insignificant citizens actually choose our President anyhow. I think the Constitution is a wonderful document defining a marvelous ideology. But this Electoral College Crapola Has Got To Go!!! I expect a Revolt if Junior is "appointed" President twice!
Had our Fore Fathers exhibited such a lack of knowledge and understanding (ignorance) like this we would have never become the country we have, in fact we may never have become a country at all. WBW, I suggest you go back to school and quit showing your total lack of wisdom.<br /><br />As to the 'backshooting', that same history/government class that you fell asleep in would have shown you that it is part and parcel of the American election process. Go back and read the chapters about the elections between Adams and Jefferson and others along the way. You act as if it was Bush who invented brutal elections. Oh, Oh, I see, you've risen above all that, unless of course it favors your guy.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Kiwi_62, I appreciate your perspective from afar. I guess you have to get away from all the Liberal tripe to see things clearly. :)

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

You guys are nothing but a buncha sheep! You believe anything you're told, as long as you're fat and happy. I'm sorry you think the American People are too stupid to choose our own President. I felt this way about the EC sinde I learned about this silly idea back in High School when Junior was avoiding the Viet Nam War. Nothing has changed my mind, in fact this whole thing has just reinforced my opinion. Maybe it had it's place over two hundred years ago, but it's outlived it's purpose. If the shoe was on the other foot and Gore had lost the Popular vote and become President by appointment, nothing would be different. I'd still feel the same way. Get your head out of the sand and stop making stupid assumptions on my behalf, thank you!

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Boomyal - thanks, but unfortunately there's plenty of Liberal tripe down here too... :)

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by WillyBWright:<br /> You guys are nothing but a buncha sheep! You believe anything you're told, as long as you're fat and happy. I'm sorry you think the American People are too stupid to choose our own President. I felt this way about the EC sinde I learned about this silly idea back in High School when Junior was avoiding the Viet Nam War. Nothing has changed my mind, in fact this whole thing has just reinforced my opinion. Maybe it had it's place over two hundred years ago, but it's outlived it's purpose. If the shoe was on the other foot and Gore had lost the Popular vote and become President by appointment, nothing would be different. I'd still feel the same way. Get your head out of the sand and stop making stupid assumptions on my behalf, thank you!
"You can lead a liberal to school , but you can't make him think."<br /><br />I guess you fell asleep during the part of class that dealt with the 'Republic'.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by WillyBWright:<br /> You guys are nothing but a buncha sheep! You believe anything you're told, as long as you're fat and happy. I'm sorry you think the American People are too stupid to choose our own President. I felt this way about the EC sinde I learned about this silly idea back in High School when Junior was avoiding the Viet Nam War. Nothing has changed my mind, in fact this whole thing has just reinforced my opinion. Maybe it had it's place over two hundred years ago, but it's outlived it's purpose. If the shoe was on the other foot and Gore had lost the Popular vote and become President by appointment, nothing would be different. I'd still feel the same way. Get your head out of the sand and stop making stupid assumptions on my behalf, thank you!
That's sad. Thank God for the voting booth!<br />It keeps small groups of anarchists from taking-over my country.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

The problem is, 12footer, that a lot of people 'feel' that way about the Electoral College. It is the result of a total educational failure, about the 7th grade as I recall.<br /><br />They don't grind this kind of information into the students because the NEA wants them dumb. They are easier to control that way and sway with all of their politically correct platitudes.

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

ANARCHISTS, UNITE!! (just kidding, 12Footer)

Skinnywater

Commander

Posted way back yonder by WillieBWright;<br /><br />quote:<br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />And voting for Kerry to bring some Integrity back to the office.<br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br /><br />And then again more recent;<br /><br />
You guys are nothing but a buncha sheep! You believe anything you're told, as long as you're fat and happy.
Well then bend over son and let daaaaaddy help you through the fence. :D <br /> :D :D :D :D

dogsdad

Lieutenant

Originally posted by WillyBWright:<br /> If the shoe was on the other foot and Gore had lost the Popular vote and become President by appointment, nothing would be different.
President by appointment, huh? Seems we have a problem with reality here. Bush became president by election and law. You marxists are just all sore because we wouldn't let you keep counting the votes over and over again until it came out the way you wanted by means of hanky-panky. And many of us remember that the Gore machine had the entire controversy arranged in advance. The Gore campaign was caught red-handed trying to steal the election, and we know it!<br /><br />Pathetic LOSERS.

sailor3X7

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Boating? - Love it.<br /><br />Voting for Bush? Without a doubt.<br /><br />Indeed I am a sheep.<br />I have a good shepherd.<br />I am content to follow the one (not referring to the president) who leads me. Being sheep is not a negative thing.<br />Do I think for myself? I can only conclude a resounding yes. If I were to follow what the media, and most of the world tells me I should believe, I would believe a lot differently.<br /><br />Curious thing about beliefs too. They are at the core of who we are. My beliefs are where I drive my stake in the ground. I am not willing to "fall on my sword" for many things in this life. But where I drive my stake in the ground - that is where I am willing to give even my life. From that point of belief I will not be moved. <br /><br />My allegiance is not with a party, not with a man or woman - nor even a country. I am guided by a higher allegiance.<br /><br />Ba-a-a-a-a-a

Status
Not open for further replies.