Are all boaters republican?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Are all boaters republican?

I am a boater X 4 and yes a republican also.<br /><br />I am also a business owner that stuggled to make ends meet in the Clinton era, but have done well in the Bush years, so yea, I will vote for him again.

grandx

Petty Officer 1st Class

I don't consider myself either liberal or conservative. There are issues on both sides I agree and disagree with. We have but only 2 real choices for president, you can't possibly expect every issue to be resolved so you must determine which are the most important and who will work toward your will. I believe security/terrorism and the economy are the top of my list. I, as many lost alot of money after 911 and have been slowly gaining it back so I'm happy with the economy considering the circumstances, everyone knew the investment bubble under Clinton would eventually burst, many of the wallstreet theives have been busted (under Bush). I don't believe in being pushed around or having my patience tested, so I'm for bringing the fight to the ones who want it. You can't pacify the entire world before you make a decision to take action, so the heck with the UN (France, Schroeder, Russia). GW has done the right thing in my book, maybe leans a bit to big oil, but wake up and smell the coffee, oil is what makes the world go around like it or not. Leaders must have an opinion, make a stance and be determined, without that you can't "lead". I don't see these attributes with Kerry, in my book he is a "girly boy", and as predictable as the weather... I'll give GW another 4 years and I cannot conceive how any clear thinking American could see things differently. My Best to all of you boaters, I hope to take a couple good kids fishing this holiday weekend, hope you guys have a good one too.

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by PW2:<br /> I believe in world security through world leadership, and not world domination.
So, you would outsource our own national security to the UN? <br />
<br />I believe in fiscal repsponsibility--economic policy based on economics and scientific experimental data, as opposed to idealogy.
What the heck does that mean??<br />
<br />I believe in sound scientific environmental policy, and believe that environmental policy does not need to be in conflict with economic issues.
Then you agree with Bush!<br />
<br />I believe in free trade, even when it is inconvenient for some special interest groups.
<br />I believe in a environmentally sound, ultimately sustainable, energy policy.
<br />On almost every issue, I am directly counter what Bush stands for--I am not necessarily in line with Kerry, but I am completely out of line with Bush.
Well the score above was 3 out of 5. If these are truly what you believe, then you agree more than you disagree. You must have been misinformed!

Link

Rear Admiral

f_inscreenname <br /><br />The Topic of your post was quite simple.<br />And I gave you my point of view. Simply put.<br /><br />Then PW2 jumped in to back up what I had to say about the other boating forums :eek:

Butch Ammon

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yes, I am a boater.<br />Yes, I am a republican.<br /><br />What else you want to know?<br />* Retired US Coast Guard (Yeoman 1st class, E-6).<br />* Now a computer programmer/systems administrator.<br />* Strongly supports George W. Bush.<br />* Fisherman/Hunter/outdoorsman.<br />* Member of NRA.<br />* Presbyterian.<br />* Happily married, twin daughters just starting college.<br /><br />I have many other opinions and beliefs, but since I occasionally "shoot from the lip", I can easily offend people in as little as 5 words.<br /><br />Butch A.

tylerin

Commander

Originally posted by ButchA:<br /> I can easily offend people in as little as 5 words.<br /><br />
Not to worry Butch I can do it in 2

thedude7803

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Datawire,<br /><br />I respectfully disagree with your short definition of a Libertarian. For a better short description, read 62_Kiwi's post. That is relatively close to the Libertarian platform, if by criminal we are talking about violent criminals, not non-violent offenders.<br /><br />Anyway, I like JB, line up very closely with the Libertarians. I would like to vote my conscience and vote for Michael Badnarik for president, but being in a swing state (Wisconsin), GW might get my nod. I just can't stand the thought on not doing what I can to make sure Kerry doesn't win Wisconsin. It is also hard for me to not vote my beliefs.<br /><br />The Dude

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by tylerin:<br />
Originally posted by ButchA:<br /> I can easily offend people in as little as 5 words.<br /><br />
Not to worry Butch I can do it in 2
You beat me to it tylerin: I was going to say why waste a whole clip full of ammo when you you only need two shots.. errr words :D :D

NOSLEEP

Commander

My name is Steve. <br />I am a boater.<br />And I am a homophobian. :rolleyes:

phatmanmike

Captain

I believe jtexas coined the term "Jet-Flea" as a descriptive term for Jet Skis. I think he also has a free instructional video available on how to chase them down on the water
can i get a copy of this video, as i think all PWC's are the real terrorists, and my boat may as well be a b-52 bomber<br /><br />anyways, i am dregistered as republican, but i have yet to vote(just registered this year)<br /><br />untill there is a REAL canidate that has the traits and beliefs of dems and reps combinded into one, i will constantly be confused as to who to support. <br /><br />85% of what W says/does seem to make sense. as an ex soldier( us army) i believe in having a strong force. i also believe in having a strong economy and having good jobs for our country and our people. <br /><br />every time i go to a store and i see everything being made overseas, it makes me unhappy to say the least.<br /><br />china is becoming the FASTEST, let me say this again, FASTEST growning country in the world!!! wonder how that happened. maybe cause we buy so much SH!T from them, and yes i said SH!T !!!!!<br /><br />i could honsetly care less how they "do it over there"! i am concerned with how my family will live and educate ourselves. i am more concerned with how to pay for my childrens educations as americas public schools system S U C K S !!!!!<br /><br />i could go on an on for days. but i wont. i will stop.<br /><br />but i will ad that costa rica has never had a terrorist attack!!!

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

I boat, and I am a republican. My house will have three votes to GW Bush this year. I think by the sound of it, there will be record turn outs for the voting booths this year. I think alot of republicans want to make sure the democrats hear us loud and clear this time.<br /><br />As for little Hillary. I intend to run against her in 2008, and I hope every one else steps up to the plate to protect ourselves as well. The Clintons can not be allowed to pillage the white house or the U.S. again.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

I can assure you there are plenty of democrats that are boaters. Just go to any launch ramp and see those who feel they are entitled to go first, those who are experts by reading a book - dragging their skeds on the ground and running into docks when they try the real thing. Those who have not prepared to launch when they get there. People who seem to have never backed a trailer in their lives and hold up everyone and wonder why people get frustrated with them.<br /><br />Yes, democrats are well represented in boating. :D

Skinnywater

Commander

dogsdad wrote;<br />
I am a conservative, first and foremost. I think if I had to identify myself with a party at all, it would be Constitutionalist.<br />
I'll stand in this line. <br /><br />Since "read my lips", my wife and I have been registered American Independents.<br />I respect the Libertarian party platform, yet remain apprehensive. <br />I despise the Democratic party and hold the present day Republicratic party in low esteem.

Ralph 123

Captain

I have a theory. Most people on iBoats are DIYers. Most are Outdoor types (TR was the biggest environmentalist in our history and also the biggest hunter). Most are average, self-reliant Joes. <br /><br />People in these groups worked very hard for what they have. Nothing was given to them. They earned it. People like this typically identify more with the right than the left. Nobody agrees totally with these outdated, laundry list, platforms. But instead tend to agree with basic philosophy - self-reliance, rugged individualism, competitive, less government, more freedom, respect for tradition, and a right hook to the jaw to anyone who tries to screw us over.<br /><br />[edit] and we're all pretty frugal. No matter our means.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Interesting question ,and interesting thread. <br />I first registered Democrat, and voted in 1976.<br />I remember not voting in any elections after that, until I had to switch parties to vote for regan. I remember how Jimmy Carter soured me, and what was said about idealogogies. I remember being tuned-into Rush Limbaugh by a coworker at lunchtime. At first, I thought he was an egotistical blow hard pig....For about 1 hour.<br />To me, if both these canidates had to win a primary with allmost anyone else in thier party, I doubt iether would be in the running today. Kerry is a traitor, and GW Bush is a closet liberal on welfare policy. MOF, his only strong point is the war on Islamic terror.<br />See sig for my picks for the 2008 presedential race.<br />I wonder why the majority of boaters are conservative too. Perhaps because smart folks know how to have fun?<br />Like i said...It's an interesting question you pose in this thread.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

I don't think the majority of boaters are conservatives, just that the boaters with the strongest convictions towards their party are conservatives and are very vocal about it. An enourmous amount of folks just don't want to get into the political debates, so they just stay away from it and instead go read the posts in "IO/Inboard repair". I weep for our future, as I see nothing but flawed candidates as far as the eye can see. We are in for a rough ride no matter what happens in November, I only hope people will realize that soon....

cajun555

Chief Petty Officer

Yep, only way to catch republican fish.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Oh my goodness no.I am neither democrat nor republican.Those parties are far too right wing for me.

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I am a rabid anarchist. Trust no one in government, question all authority.<br />But, I'm a good li'l tax-payer, and I vote every election.

Status
Not open for further replies.