aquasport 175 osprey

tumnahi232

Recruit
Ideally, the gas should have no ethanol. Use good oil. I'd probably want to change the lower unit oil also.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
lower unit has been changed and new seals installed new water pump as well , the mid was broke i guess Yamaha had a issue with that so i replaced that and rebuilt all of it , the engine runs great besides the carb issue had one spitting fuel out of it so im going to clean rebuild all of them
as far as gas with ethanol i wish i didn't have to use it but cant find fuel locally anymore without it , there used to be a station that sold non ethanol fuel for farmers but i found out they were charging but still had ethanol in it

zool

Captain
I use Yamaha stabilizer to combat ethanol.......I also use their ring free periodically. Seems to help a little. I still fight the triple carbs tho, cuz I suck at rebuilding them ;)

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
yeah i don't not put stabilizer in any fuel i buy, cant trust that the guy filling tanks or owner is doing the right thing and rather not risk it .

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
ok this car bumper liker lower cowling has all kinda cracked and crazed paint it appears the same plastic as a car bumper i need to remove the paint on it , any ideas without me destroying it?

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
already made trip to store going to try two different ones on the old cowl first see what melts it and dont , will report back findings this is a pita!

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
The good aircraft stripper I use may eat the plastic (it eats concrete)

There are plastic friendly strippers

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
tried citris strip on old piece worked great on spray bomb , takes a bit longer on the factory paint but no damage to plastic,
tried a stronger one called jasco it worked very well again no damage to plastic will post pics as soon as i can :)1669292212953.png1669292272806.png

Last edited:

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
my reason for stripping first is the plastic is exposed in some areas and needs to be sanded but didn't want to be sanding on plastic and paint causing more issue so figure remove paint first then will sand also my cousin whos is a body guy told me a neet trick, after sanding plastic rub down with cardboard and it will be smooth as hell and ready for adhesion promoter

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
i figure ill give it a day to bake in sun wipe it down and shoot clear over the emblems and see how it looks , i just figure they will probably last longer if clear shot over them then not lookat all that artillary mold on the boat damn lol imma halfta clean that again !