aquasport 175 osprey

zool

Captain
I think Its the two A's with leg drop that make the H look tilted. Looks just fine to me tho. Ive never cleared over decals, fear of delamination or wrinkle I guess.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
clear sprayed looks great lets hope it stays that way will post pics after its back together:)

zool

Captain
I havnt clear coated mine yet, or put on the decals, just used it with the grey base this season. If yours works out, I may try it to, it will be easier to clean after use.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
I havnt clear coated mine yet, or put on the decals, just used it with the grey base this season. If yours works out, I may try it to, it will be easier to clean after use.
this paint required clear coat so i figured id do it it worked great

zool

Captain
That looks great, what clear is that?, the acrylic clear I have will probably effect the decal is why I hesitate.

I just used Yamaha grey in a rattle can for the base so far.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
Ok , that Dupont is an acrylic too. Thanks, Im gonna put mine over the stickers me thinks.
Just did a light coat first just in case then got heavier handed once I saw everything was stable

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
i just noticed on the site it listed acrylic coatings then had this listed seperate i just didn't wanna mess ya up :)

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
today im going to jump around a bit and start building the cover for the ttop i did'nt want the sunbrella and wanted a hard top on it so i got to build that as last one i was working on i felt it was getting too heavy so went into a different direction issue is it has to be semi hollow so i can get wires where i want them :)

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
today im going to jump around a bit and start building the cover for the ttop i did'nt want the sunbrella and wanted a hard top on it so i got to build that as last one i was working on i felt it was getting too heavy so went into a different direction issue is it has to be semi hollow so i can get wires where i want them :)
So what materials are you going to use?

zool

Captain
Good call on the weight thing, even with just canvas, After I added the radar, antennas, and ebox, I noticed significantly more roll under way and at rest.
I always have to watch my beer when drifting ;)

Maybe just a few closed cell foam "stringers" between skins?

zool

Captain
i just noticed on the site it listed acrylic coatings then had this listed seperate i just didn't wanna mess ya up :)
Thanks for caring man lol, But now that you convinced me, Im gonna blame u if it goes wring anyway! :D

I was never really a fan of painting outboards to match the boat, mostly cuz in the old days, it just look cheesy to me. Now it seems to be all the rage with oem going that way on higher end boats.

Yours looks factory and real sweet, maybe its just the aqua color.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Use core board, get the shape on top, then 2 layers of 1708 on top, and flip it over, glass the underside and the e-box