1999 Bayliner Project

chrishayes

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1999 Bayliner Project

I think the Bayliner badge should stay. Its pretty classy and fits the level of finish that you have put into the boat. Dont know if you are thinking of removing it or not.

bear_69cuda

Commander

Yeah,

I removed the Bayliner logo 5 months ago... They are cool graphic fonts

I do have replacement decals, but not sure about putting them back or not...

It's the mystery machine :D

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

You could put a Cobalt logo on and up your resale value :)

Fingernip

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I actually really like it all white. I could see maybe something cool and custom like a transparent rub rail with blue LEDs in it, but i dont think it needs stripes or paint.

fishingdan

Lieutenant Junior Grade

The boat looks great. Great Job! One question....what is the shaft length of your trolling motor?

bear_69cuda

Commander

Thanks Dan!

54" shaft...

ezmobee

I love Cobalt boats... Insane quality everywhere.... If only I hit the lotto yesterday!

Fingernip,

I like the simple white also... Unless i have the perfect stripe vision, or someone here comes up with something awesome, it's white...

BTW. Yesterday was great! No leaks from the six holes I drilled through the hull!

boat ran 39.7 mph GPS @ 4300 rpm with Stiletto 14.25 x 19" p. I wanna try out a 21" just for the halibut... But so far the Solas is on top 41.5 mph GPS @ 4400 rpm!

bear_69cuda

Commander

Here are some random pics.

These are the two props I tested. Stiletto on left and Solas right. I may exchange the Stiletto for a 21"p and just check it out. But for the most part the Solas gives my hull better hole-shot and top end... I'll most likely return the Stiletto and keep my stock aluminum for spare,

jse_finishing_up_002.jpg

Finally have the boat parked outside.

jse_finishing_up_005.jpg

jse_finishing_up_003.jpg

jse_finishing_up_006.jpg

These are the two items I'm using for security.

jse_finishing_up_008.jpg

jse_finishing_up_009.jpg

All I have left is to mount Bimini, and enjoy the summer... I didn't realize a Bimini top doesn't come with the brace supports needed to keep at ~ 45 degree angle while stowed in boot... So I'm waiting for that...

Hope everyone had a great and safe weekend!

Nico2112

Petty Officer 1st Class

Even when parked your boat looks sexy:D

The pebble stone spot you made for it looks great too!

Did you happen to tape this weekend's outing? Would love to see more vids:D

MikDee

Banned

Thanks Dan!

54" shaft...

ezmobee

I love Cobalt boats... Insane quality everywhere.... If only I hit the lotto yesterday!

Fingernip,

I like the simple white also... Unless i have the perfect stripe vision, or someone here comes up with something awesome, it's white...

BTW. Yesterday was great! No leaks from the six holes I drilled through the hull!

boat ran 39.7 mph GPS @ 4300 rpm with Stiletto 14.25 x 19" p. I wanna try out a 21" just for the halibut... But so far the Solas is on top 41.5 mph GPS @ 4400 rpm!

Hey Bear, I've been looking all over for you on your last post about the props, you never came back, and I never found out what happened with the Stiletto? But I see it didn't outdo the Solas? Is that with the new trim tabs installed? Anyway, I'm convinced, I would send them both back, and get the same Solas in a 19" pitch, that would take you to the top of your rpm range, and probably give you more speed, & an even better hole shot.

By the way, Great job on that boat, it is Mint! :D

bear_69cuda

Commander

Hey Gang,

Brought the other fish home today... Now all the kids are together! I feel kinda bad for such a large personal carbon footprint. But what the hell....

Now I have no excuse to not paint the outside house window's, and all other accumulating honey-do's... The boat project is slowing down.... :(

My cover-maker is gonna set me up with Bimini supports, (stowage in boot @ ~ 45 degree angle) thingys... Also noticed I didn't ask for access to charging system plug, so he'll do a Velcro access opening, and reinforce the Bimini mounting areas on the cover... I look forward to seeing how the cover holds up this summer... WI has some good thunderstorms!

Yes I'm bad and make the wife park in the driveway....:eek:

MikDee, see PM buddy...

jse_finishing_up_010.jpg

jse_finishing_up_011.jpg

PFalcon

Seaman

Yes I'm bad and make the wife park in the driveway....:eek:

I think if I had those two beauties I would have the Cuda and the Boat in the Garage!:)

Park the Nissan out side with the Tahoe :redface:

Priorities! Bear!

:D PF

chrishayes

I make my wife park outside too! I got away with it because I bought her the house and bought myself the garage. That and a remote start for her ride! That should smooth it over well and not too hard to install. I assume her chevy is a auto?

Nico2112

Petty Officer 1st Class

C'mon Bear, we want to see the bimini installed:D

bear_69cuda

Commander

Hey Gang,

Boat is going back to cover makers Monday morning... So I would imagine mid next week it's all gonna be finished... He's also gonna tweak the cover so I can leave the Bimini in store position...

Still messing with props... Hole-shot on Solas is a bummer, so I trading for a 19"p... If no good then keep Stiletto, and exchange 3 blade 19"p for a 17"p 4 blade Solas for heavy loads and H2O sports...

I'll have pics soon brutha Nico!

PFalcon,

I wish the boat would fit in the garage with the 'Cuda... Too long...

chrishayes,

She gets the spare bedroom for her hobby room, and I clean snow, and warm up her ride... Good deal I think! Remote start is a great idea!

Nico2112

Petty Officer 1st Class

Okey dokey, I'll wait patiently:)

I've gone through your whole resto thread 4 times, and it's amazing how well documented it is, you did a great job mate!:D

Since ordering my boat, I disliked the idea of a carpeted deck, and I begged for it to be delivered without one, only getting a no for an answer. Someday I will take that carpet away, and your work is going to be my guide, so beforehand...Thank you!

Have a nice weekend Bear:)

Scarebird

Cadet

With you being a Mopar nut, what about a hockey stripe, ala 70 'Cuda?

Rickairmedic

Commander

Hey Gang,

Boat is going back to cover makers Monday morning... So I would imagine mid next week it's all gonna be finished... He's also gonna tweak the cover so I can leave the Bimini in store position...

Still messing with props... Hole-shot on Solas is a bummer, so I trading for a 19"p... If no good then keep Stiletto, and exchange 3 blade 19"p for a 17"p 4 blade Solas for heavy loads and H2O sports...

I'll have pics soon brutha Nico!

PFalcon,

I wish the boat would fit in the garage with the 'Cuda... Too long...

chrishayes,

She gets the spare bedroom for her hobby room, and I clean snow, and warm up her ride... Good deal I think! Remote start is a great idea!

LOL the rule here has always been " The garage is mine you can have the rest of the house " :D. I did put in a cabinet and benchtop in one corner of the garage for her but the daily drivers sit in the drive yearround period ( the garage is for non running vehicles :D to be made running ) . I do ornamental I ron as a hobby as well and told her she could park next to the welding area if she wanted to she opted for the driveway :D:D.

Rick

bear_69cuda

Commander

Hey Gang,

Nothing new... Received 18"p Solas after returning 20"p

Boat is sill at cover shop.... :mad: I think I'm going through withdrawal... It's going on 2 weeks now.... What a drag! Hopefully I can pick her up Friday after work! I can't wait to see the Bimini...

chrishayes

Hey Gang,

Nothing new... Received 18"p Solas after returning 20"p

Boat is sill at cover shop.... :mad: I think I'm going through withdrawal... It's going on 2 weeks now.... What a drag! Hopefully I can pick her up Friday after work! I can't wait to see the Bimini...

Me neither!

bear_69cuda

Commander

Morning gang,

Finally have the boat back after almost 2 weeks sitting at cover shop. I show up and he's still working on it? :confused: He never even modified the cover like he said, boat was full of leaves, and cover splattered with bird crap due to being parked under tree! Anyhow, Here are a few pics of Bimini, stowed... I think It looks cool! I'll get a few with it deployed soon.

jse_finishing_up_014.jpg

jse_finishing_up_012.jpg

jse_finishing_up_013.jpg

Also tried out the new Solas 18"p, still only 4600 rpm @ WOT!!!! and only 39 mph GPS... MikDee feels the large diameter is to much for this lighter hull, I feel he's correct... Props are like black magic, and real world testing is the only way to find the correct prop. Theory and numbers only get you in the ball park. The 14.75 x 18"p Solas holeshot was better than 20"p, but the Stiletto is still on top. So now the 19"p Stiletto is being exchanged for a 17"p due to only getting 43-4400 rpm at WOT but +40 mph and great holeshot! MikDee and I feel the 17"P will bring me into WOT range of 4800 rpm, get a great holeshot, and 41-42 mph.... MikDee has been a great help with this all! Thanks buddy!