1992 Stratos 2250 here we go again

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Hey, Skiatook Lake was like that one day this summer when I tried to launch the BF. I almost SUNK her when I realized I left the Drain Plug out and the wind and waves were trying to push the boat back up the ramp...Yeah I remember that day. I also remember the Admiral sayin..."My DAD wouldn't try to launch HIS boat on a day like this and HIS boat was a BIG CABIN CRUISER!!!" She was RIGHT!!!:eek::p:tongue-new::boink::doh:

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander
The last time I fished Lake Erie was in 2007 for the FLW Walleye Tour Championship out of Cleveland,.....

On the second day waves were 8 to 10 feet and coming over the break wall along the harbor,....

The Coast Guard had small craft warnings posted,....

And the director sent us out,....Honestly, I thought someone was going to die that day.

We watched the Coast Guard helicopters go over a couple of times, Not sure if they were watching our dumb asses,
or on a rescue mission,...

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Well boat is out of the water for the winter. I sold the 150 to the guy who bought my last boat. We installed it yesterday and tried to test it today but lake was to rough.
We did try it a little in the river and that 150 on a 1200 lbs boat is going to go pretty good. Will post pics tomorrow

Second Chance 248

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Some of these guys that fish the tourneys around here are just idiots. Seems the guys with the biggest egos and mouths have the smallest boats. Can't even count the number of morons that vote at the captains meeting to fish that struggle to turn around as soon as they round the break wall. Next year I'm gonna start rubbing it in and say, Hey buddy, is this your first trip on Erie?
The last time I fished Lake Erie was in 2007 for the FLW Walleye Tour Championship out of Cleveland,.....

On the second day waves were 8 to 10 feet and coming over the break wall along the harbor,....

The Coast Guard had small craft warnings posted,....

And the director sent us out,....Honestly, I thought someone was going to die that day.

We watched the Coast Guard helicopters go over a couple of times, Not sure if they were watching our dumb asses,
or on a rescue mission,...

Second Chance 248

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Well now that you got the boat out of the water & your motor less you've got all kinds of free time that you could help a fellow iboater out on tabbing some stringers 😆 Joking
Great job on the splash, unfortunately I had to work 8 days a week all summer and I'm way behind.
Just finished the last big project of the year so now I won't mind working 8 days a week but it'll be on the boat 😁

Well boat is out of the water for the winter. I sold the 150 to the guy who bought my last boat. We installed it yesterday and tried to test it today but lake was to rough.
We did try it a little in the river and that 150 on a 1200 lbs boat is going to go pretty good. Will post pics tomorrow

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Nice to hear from you sc Oh I'm no where near done with this boat. I have a lot of things I want to do to it. still tossing around twins.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
wahhhhhhhhhhh You actually got in the water. Just moved and today just moved the BOAT to the new place. Water....wahhhhhhhhhh

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
well at least the move is behind you. I'm one of the weird ones I like to move.Now that the move is done how soon will boat work begin?

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Naked
PA250001_zpsbvwoov9k.jpg

Last edited:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
As soon as I build another winter season enclosure. It seems to me most of my work gets done in the cold mos. Weird huh? I still have a whole lot to do here since the move. Looking at boxes and boxes, in the attic, in the basement and there already stuffed. So now I have to organise those areas etc......But the boat looks great! The tow with the motor up on the transom is also a nice sight. Will post after some of the dust settles.

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
http://i11.tinypic.com/6bldgy0.jpg
So have not been able to find a stratos with twin motors but from what i can tell the winner is really close to stratos.
With the cuddy so far forward the boat is extremely bow heavy I cannot use the trailer jack to raise the trailer.

So after looking at the winner its back to the drawing board.

Last edited:

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Ok so I have decided to go twins. I'll Probably go 150's now only thing I need to figure out is the best way to do it.
I thought that maybe I could use 2 jack plates and attach them to the existing transom and add ontop of transom to make flat as seen in picture.
What do you guys think?
d8221610-c9e2-45e4-b30c-1b9f8a44b756_zpsvqccyomr.jpg

Last edited:

zool

Captain
I think the jack plate idea is viable.....not sure if u would need to level off the transom tho...those few inches wouldn't give much
splash protection for the work involved...

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I thought a pair of twins was every guys dream...:rolleyes: :facepalm:

Mark72233

Ensign
They are Nurseman, twins are awesome especially when you get them both revved up and humming along working perfectly together in unison, we are talking about engines right 😳😜

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
LOL! To all! Nice to see some humor again! Sam what year is that pic from? :joyous::joyous:
Unfortunetly I recognise it.