Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Side (or Side by Side) console

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1988 Sea Nymph GLS - 17'

I avoid the Lake on the 4th of July like the Plague!!!! Now Sat. July 13th, I hope to spend the Entire Day on the Lake.:D

Sometimes I watch live web-cams from boat launches on the holiday weekends,....

The 4th of July weekends would be a great weekend to work on the boat and grill out for lunch,..

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Yeah, I hear you guys about 7/4. My parents live on a small, private lake and they have a 4th of july parade (with boats) that is pretty fun... Might be fun to launch in that context... However, work/life has reared its ugly head this week, and I am going on vacation next, so that "goal" is becoming very soft and fleeting...

I do have a question for you guys: I ordered (and the super awesome dude on the Brown Truck delivered yesterday) a new "seal/gasket" - thingy for my motor cowling... The old one was dry-rotted and toast... The old one was affixed to the cowling with glue and some heavy duty staples. I don't think i have the tool to shoot industrial strength staple through a 1/4-1/2 inch of rubber and fiberglass..

Do you guys staple these on or is there a good glue that would keep it on there.. Probably a question for the Johny-Rude forum, but I figured I would throw it out hear as well.

TGIF.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

I just glued mine in and skipped the staples, all good:thumb:

Decker83

Commander

Can't help with the new gasket..

Sure hope you can make the 7/4 parade.. That would be cool to take the kids out for the big splash day..:D

Pulling for ya..

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

The 4rth boat parade would be way cool ! But a splash is a splash no mater what day it happens ..:cool:

lokonn

Chief Petty Officer

Will be keeping good thoughts about the 4th splash date. Would be way cool to get it into the parade but, stuff happens. Good luck!

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Another small step for man (boatnerd) - kind.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

looking good Patric! Bet you spent some bucks on that tilt trim setup!

jbcurt00

Staff member

Motor & CMC unit look great
thumb.gif

lokonn

Chief Petty Officer

Congrats on the motor install. Like the way the hatches are set off by the outline.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

A very well hung motor you have there, Sir...:eek:...:rolleyes:...
:lol:

Decker83

Commander

The paint job looks great.. Just love the t/t.. Congrats.. Getting closer to the big day..

72mtwain

Seaman

What did you end up using to attach the gasket to the cowl?

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

Looking good! Your gonna love that CMC, I can't believe I went so long without one.

glnbnz

Chief Petty Officer

Yes definitely looking good!!

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

looking good Patric! Bet you spent some bucks on that tilt trim setup!

Thanks Bobby - Yes, it was a little spendy, but I just couldn't see myself putting all this work into the boat and then having to manually lift the old albatross.... I am thinking the it will be well worth it when out on the water... It was super easy to install, as well.

Am I smelling fresh water?

nice setup Patrick!

Not quite yet... I still have to water the money tree (see above) in order to get all of the electrical stuff I need... ACR, Switch, primary wire, etc... It all adds up for sure...

Motor & CMC unit look great
thumb.gif

Thanks JBC! I was excited to see it working.

Nice gear nerd!:nerd:

From one to another - you know it!

Congrats on the motor install. Like the way the hatches are set off by the outline.

Thank you... Yes, it actually looks like a boat somewhat with the motor on the back.

A very well hung motor you have there, Sir...:eek:...:rolleyes:...
:lol:

I am not sure if I am flattered or embarrassed that you noticed the big old Johnson hanging off the back, there... :facepalm:

Very nice job on the t/t Pm !

Thanks S.P.!

The paint job looks great.. Just love the t/t.. Congrats.. Getting closer to the big day..

Thanks Decker!

What did you end up using to attach the gasket to the cowl?

Nothing yet... Its just dry fitted right now... I bought some solvent-resistant gasket adhesive at Auto Zone and I will be using that.

Looking good! Your gonna love that CMC, I can't believe I went so long without one.

I agree... Since I fish in shallow water a good bit, its more of a necessity than a luxury..

Yes definitely looking good!!

Thanks Glenn. Glad you stopped by.

Have a good one fellas... thanks for stopping by!