Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Side (or Side by Side) console

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GT1000000

Rear Admiral
Re: 1988 Sea Nymph GLS - 17'

Only idea I can come up with is to make a spacer for the vent to raise it off of the gunwale to prevent water intrusion...

Made out of epoxy coated wood, hollowed out underneath to allow installation/removal of vent clamps, mounted with a little 4200 and a couple of screws to the gunwale...

I don't know, something like this...

shape it till it looks somewhat appealing to the eye and it serves the purpose of covering the hole, raising it up from the gunwale and allowing servicing in the future...

Sorry, it is the best I could come up with on short notice...:rolleyes:

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Or if you really want to go over the side with a 90? vent, you could make the spacer something like this to cover the hole and support the vent ...

Again, shaping to a pleasing shape, somewhat imitating the fuel fill shape?... attaching with some sealant and screws...
:)

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Or, just extend to vent line back to midships to a new hole that you can reach. Like just a bit back from the console ya know? Just thinking out loud here:joyous:

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Or, just extend to vent line back to midships to a new hole that you can reach. Like just a bit back from the console ya know? Just thinking out loud here:joyous:

BINGO! Give the man a prize!
And then just cover up the unnecessary hole with your patch panel...if you do a nice job of coating it with the deck paint you used, you may not even be able to tell its there...maybe even be able to put the patch on from underneath using some adhesive and creative ingenuity to sneak up in there, and then fill the remaining hole with filler and paint...POOF! Gone!...:eek:

Or make it into a rod holder...

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Guys: All very good thoughts and feedback... Various forms of these all circled through my mind as a I tossed and turned last night... That said, I do believe that:

THIS

PLUS THIS:

...... Or make it into a rod holder...

EQUALS:

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

And, for all your hard thinking, I hereby reward you with an irrelevant, mindless side- bar (the world's record blob jump):

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Sorry I can,t help much on the vent thing but it looks like ya got it worked out ..
Ya know if I had the chance I would most probably have to do the blob jump thing .. :scared::cool:

Decker83

Commander

Good to see you have the vent worked out.. Don't you just love when those kinda things just start to happen..:flypig:

Cool vid.. That dude was up there..

jbcurt00

Staff member

Nice work around :)

I definitely think it's a good sign :D

jbcurt00

Staff member

Might make the rest of the suits envious, but I though it'd be a good placeholder for your parking space at work :watermelon:

Excellent work recently on the SN...

Streetgang

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yikes that is a great sign.

Tin Destiny is perfect as witnessed by your excellent work and following.

Beauty !

m casey stock

Chief Petty Officer

"Tin Destiny" sounds like a great name for your boat! Love the vid and the sign.

rrumba

Ensign

can you say BIG OUCH

sorry to hear that. think new batery cable or red tape and black tape, or red heat shrink and black heat shrink. sounds like the guys over there got you covered. i would do the starter part first to ensure it is good and if it does not jump try hitting it with a rubbber mallet or soft faced hammer. it could just be stuck from sitting.

lokonn

Chief Petty Officer

Wish I could help but I got nothin' on this.