• Poll closed .

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1988 Sea Nymph GLS - 17'

Merry christmas!
you are flying through this one, bro.
Permission to come aboard

Thanks Buggy... Welcome aboard...

Unfortunately, I was apparently on the naughty list this year, because Santa brought raging case of the flu for Christmas... So, my hopes of boat progress over the holiday weekend are fading quickly...

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

Santa brought raging case of the flu for Christmas... So, my hopes of boat progress over the holiday weekend are fading quickly...

Get back in bed and quit spreading your germs all around the internet!:faint2:

Read an article week before last that the flu was wide spread over the south east, so I went and got a flu shot... I hope it helps!

Hope you feel better real soon.

chriscraft254

Commander

You were on the naughty list because Santa surely likes fiberglass boats better. :) Just think, if you would have just kept inhaling resin and fiberglass fumes into your lungs, nothing could have gotten through, so no flu. ;)

Hope you feel better soon, and I will be following along to see how many metal splinters you get. :)

By the way, great job so far. They carry the 2 inch blue sheet foam here at Lowes, probably could of had them order you some down there, to late. Hehe

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks fellas... At least I get to catch up some iboats reading.....

Oh, and I got to do a little hunting before going down for the count:

ducks-1.jpg

I'm the handsome guy on the left... Oh, and for those of into rules and stuff (like limits) we had 6 hunters... and that is 6 (ish) limits.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

I guess ya had duck for Christmas dinner ?
BTW ,what is Santa,s sleigh tin or fiberglass ? Don,t know if I saw any rivets ..:rolleyes:

Trooper82

Commander

Looks like the hunting was success...get well soon

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks Buggy... Welcome aboard...

Unfortunately, I was apparently on the naughty list this year, because Santa brought raging case of the flu for Christmas... So, my hopes of boat progress over the holiday weekend are fading quickly...

Pedialyte,............Lots and lots of Pedialyte,....

Sounds like your Christmas was similar to mine,...........:lol:

lil buggy

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Happy new year! Smooth sailing bro!

did anyone notice on the wiring diagram

The lights? Oooooooo can't wait!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Happy 2013 Pmc !!! Hopefully your feeling better bringing in the new year !
Btw , when are we splashing the SN ? :D

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

:boink::pop2::laser::whip::flypig:

Man, when someone breaks out the flying pig, it's definitely time for an update.... Sorry for the hiatus fellas... Holidays, Work, the flu, and nasty weather have all combined to interfere with my boat building....
I did pick up these yesterday (carb kits):

CarbKits.jpg

On the short list, I plan on doing the carb work, new spark plugs, new water pump/impeller, and installing the temp gauge sensor. Also, need to pressure test the lower unit, because I think I may have some leaky seals down there...

Rear casting deck is still in process... Will post some pics as I finish that up in the next couple of days.

Thanks for the happy new year wishes and for checking in on me.

~PMC

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

Sounds good PM!

Glad you got over that flu bug, read yesterday that it's already 4 times worse than last year's... lotsa sick folks.

At least we don't have it as bad weather wise down here in the south east as the folks way up north do, s'posed to be in the 70's here in B'ham this weekend.

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Been awhile since I've updated... We got 4 inches of snow this week, which was pretty cool (rare this far south)...

On the boat....... I'm not going to lie.....this rear casting deck worked me... I think its going to be a good layout, it was just a bit of a challenge getting there...

Here is what she looks like right now (I still need to cut a couple of hatches):

1_19_13_overallviewrearcastingdeck.jpg

With the live well and sub-live well storage shown:

1_19_13_rearcastingdeck.jpg

Hope everyone is enjoying a nice weekend...

~Pmc

jbcurt00

Staff member

Bam!

Helluva update!
drinking77.gif

Looks great from WV... No snow here for a bit.... Next week that will change I hear!

chriscraft254

Commander

Looking good man, you putting a live well in that platform? And maybe some cushions on top for the ladies sunbathing? And how about fabricating a bow pulpit to carry an anchor.
:jaw:

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Nice man, we're boat buildin!

Ah, I hate to ask cuz I feel super dum...:redface:

What's a "sub live well"?

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Bam!

Helluva update!

Thanks JBC - I had a couple of set backs on that rear deck but I think I am in forward motion again..

PMC, That looks great!

Thanks Troop; Glad you got the move behind you and your hanging out on the dry dock again.

Looking good man, you putting a live well in that platform? And maybe some cushions on top for the ladies sunbathing? And how about fabricating a bow pulpit to carry an anchor.
:jaw:

That big hatch on the bow deck is a fish box (cooler); live well is in stern deck... I'll put some pads on the back of the consoles facing the bow deck to make it a little more passenger friendly... I rarely use an anchor when I fish (part of my ADD - I can't stand to sit still), so bow pulpit, windlasses and such are not in the cards... Thanks for the fly by...

Nice man, we're boat buildin!

Ah, I hate to ask cuz I feel super dum...:redface:

What's a "sub live well"?

Poor choice of words, I was referring to the storage beneath the livewell, punk...

Good day all,
pmc