Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Side (or Side by Side) console

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Re: 1988 Sea Nymph GLS - 17'

Thanks for the update, looks like you have been busy!

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Looking real good...lots of very well thought out storage and placement...Nice goin!

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

Dang PM, what's with the hairy arm?... if your daddy had grunted one more time you'd have been a hog!:lol:

Your boat is looking good and should be real nice when you're done.:joyous:

jbcurt00

Staff member

Excellent video update, the layout seems well thought out..

I don't know if I could catch any fish out of it, but that's not boat related :witless:

Friscoboater

Captain

I finally had a chance to read your "tinny" thread. I was hurt at first when I found out you went over to the dark side, but I think you really have a nice boat there. Keep up the good work!

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks for the update, looks like you have been busy!

Thanks.... Just trying to make some progress....

Looking real good...lots of very well thought out storage and placement...Nice goin!

Thanks... Sort of like Jas has said, you noodle on it long enough and the boat (and materials on hand) sort of lend themselves to a particular layout, etc... This boat has sort of rebuilt itself in that regard...

Dang PM, what's with the hairy arm?... if your daddy had grunted one more time you'd have been a hog!:lol:

Your boat is looking good and should be real nice when you're done.:joyous:

Yeah, about that affliction... I seem to have it everywhere but where I want it (on top of my head).... I hope it turns out nice...We'll see. I'm enjoying the process, which is all that matters right now...

Excellent video update, the layout seems well thought out..

I don't know if I could catch any fish out of it, but that's not boat related :witless:

Thanks JBC... I know you could hook up with a fish or two...

I finally had a chance to read your "tinny" thread. I was hurt at first when I found out you went over to the dark side, but I think you really have a nice boat there. Keep up the good work!

Yeah, that was a tough call... I really loved that boat... You make this look easy, but its certainly not... I basically just got overwhelmed with the process, time, materials, etc... to the point where it was becoming a burden... Looking back, I think I made the right call for my budget, skill set, workspace, wants (fishing boat) etc.... Thanks for looking past my conversion and jumping on board... Glad you are back at it with the Carlson as well...

Decker83

Commander

WOW a Vid.. I'm truly impressed..:whoo:

All kidding aside, the layout looks great and you can tell you have put alot of thought into it.
That is great work..
Hope when I get mine turned over and start on all the good stuff, I do as good as you did.

mark1961

Ensign

Just a thought on your bow deck plans, maybe you already have it covered though......if you are likely to ever be fishing in areas with tidal current and need to be anchored up you might want to think about being able to accomodate one up there as well.....if exclusively for non tidal area fishing then not so important.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

As I was watching yur video I kept thinking...

"Now how in the world is he going to build in that baby crib headboard? PMC is so weird."

:boink:

All right, all right.....

So yah, what's the next step(s) on this tin tub? What's on the agenda? And, whadya come up with for the engine, are you going CMC T&T?

Cheers buddy!:thumb:

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

WOW a Vid.. I'm truly impressed..:whoo:

All kidding aside, the layout looks great and you can tell you have put alot of thought into it.
That is great work..
Hope when I get mine turned over and start on all the good stuff, I do as good as you did.

Thanks Kent, Glad you liked the vid. As much work and attention to detail as you have put into your boat so far, I can't wait to see how the topside turns out.

Just a thought on your bow deck plans, maybe you already have it covered though......if you are likely to ever be fishing in areas with tidal current and need to be anchored up you might want to think about being able to accomodate one up there as well.....if exclusively for non tidal area fishing then not so important.

Mark, thanks for jumping on and chiming in. Yeah, I won't use an anchor much, but do need to work one in somewhere... I may stow it in the starboard bow hatch or try to squeeze into the very front...

As I was watching yur video I kept thinking...

"Now how in the world is he going to build in that baby crib headboard? PMC is so weird."

:boink:

All right, all right.....

So yah, what's the next step(s) on this tin tub? What's on the agenda? And, whadya come up with for the engine, are you going CMC T&T?

Cheers buddy!:thumb:

Yeah, my garage is a wreck... Random stuff like that everywhere... When you have 99 kids like I do, maybe working a baby bed into the build is not such a bad idea after all.

On the motor, yeah, I am going with C&C Tilt and Trim. Just trying to save up my pennies for one.

The "to do" list is still so long that I can't even think about trying to reduce it to writing. Probably need to.

Cheers,

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

On the motor, yeah, I am going with C&C Tilt and Trim. Just trying to save up my pennies for one.

SearchTempest can spit out used ones in the $350 to $550 range. Course they are used (bit of a risk involved there) and need to be shipped but a fella can save a little coin that way.

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

As many of you know, these restore projects involve a lot more than rivets, resins and wood... Some of the folks that hang out on other parts of iboats provide extremely helpful info on engine topics, electrical, trailering, etc... I wanted to link a couple of my outboard threads here, just to have some of the relevant "side bars" accessible from here... Also, some of you may have comments on those topics as well (and if you do - you can post here or "yonder").

1. Initial Questions, Compression Test and Gear Oil Check and Potential Lower Unit Seal Replacement: Found Here:

2. Questions about installing water temp and pressure gauges on older older OMC outboards: Found Here:

I will be starting an electrical thread in the near future as I continue to work through my diagram and will post that here as well.

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks Jas - good info there..

And if you want a really good laugh, here is the link to PMC trying to learn electrical circuits... Keep in mind, the only thing I knew about electrical about 4 months ago was the pointed end of the AA battery that goes in the TV remote was "plus" and the flat was "negative"

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

I am in the same boat on the electrical . LOST ! :facepalm: The last diagram made by Don was great ! I,m planning on keeping things as simple as possible . I.m sure you will get wired up with no problems .;)

bear_69cuda

Commander

Brutha PMC,

Checking in on ya dood...

Great progress, front deck is lookin awesome!

Wish I knew you needed a trim tilt I would have sold you my CMC... Great unit!

Oh yeah.... VSR! ACR! VSR! ACR! VSR! just some added noise for the dood in MI.... Yeah you know who you are buddy!

Decker83

Commander

Glad to see you put up the links PMC.. Not there yet with the electrical but I sure like the drawings you have put up from Don S..
Will definitely go back to the links and use this info.. Thanks..

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Brutha PMC,

Checking in on ya dood...

Great progress, front deck is lookin awesome!

Wish I knew you needed a trim tilt I would have sold you my CMC... Great unit!

Oh yeah.... VSR! ACR! VSR! ACR! VSR! just some added noise for the dood in MI.... Yeah you know who you are buddy!

Thanks BruthaBear - Glad you swung through... I'm gonna give you a shout soon...:cell: It's been too long...

Yeah, I think we might have actually swung ol Jas over to the ACR side... Sounds like the way to go!

Glad to see you put up the links PMC.. Not there yet with the electrical but I sure like the drawings you have put up from Don S..
Will definitely go back to the links and use this info.. Thanks..

Yeah, Don hooked me up big time on the drawings.. Hope they help those of us dry dockers who have to learn some electrical to put our rigs back together...

Have a good evening fellas..:watermelon

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Just wanted to shout out a quick Merry Christmas to my iboats friends....

Hope everyone's holidays are blessed...

Peace on earth!

lil buggy

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Merry christmas!
you are flying through this one, bro.
Permission to come aboard