Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Side (or Side by Side) console

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dozerII

Admiral
Re: 1988 Sea Nymph GLS - 17'

Great Job PM, your coming along nicely. What are you using for hinges on the deck hatches?

magnumdeke

Chief Petty Officer

I like it it Pm, gonna be a sweet layout for fishing. Great progress!

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Clever man, let's others figure out how to do it, then copies it for himself...Genius, pure Genius!...:p...

Looks great, Pm:D

Decker83

Commander

You are a true craftsman PMC. The deck looks great. That is some heavy duty support under the deck. Should be a solid fishing deck.

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Great Job PM, your coming along nicely. What are you using for hinges on the deck hatches?

Thanks Dozer; I'd like to go with what I believe are called "piano hinges" - sort of an upside T (like, _||_ ); However, I used 3/4" in for the deck height so I'm having trouble finding those. If I strike out on that, I will just use regular topside hinges.

I like it it Pm, gonna be a sweet layout for fishing. Great progress!

Thanks Deke; That is definitely what I am shooting for...

Clever man, let's others figure out how to do it, then copies it for himself...Genius, pure Genius!...:p...

Looks great, Pm:D

Thanks Gus; Genius is a bit strong - more like "monkey see, monkey do"

You are a true craftsman PMC. The deck looks great. That is some heavy duty support under the deck. Should be a solid fishing deck.

Thanks Kent, but I have a long way to go before "craftsman" status. My cuts on the hatches were not nearly as clean as I wanted them to be... I am in the process of sanding the hatches to try and make it look a little cleaner/better fit.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

My cuts on the hatches were not nearly as clean as I wanted them to be... I am in the process of sanding the hatches to try and make it look a little cleaner/better fit.

Just throwing out an idea...or is it throwing up...never mind...:rolleyes:

If, and only If, you are going to be covering the deck with anything other than paint/epoxy, even so you will want a slight gap to keep from chipping the edges and allow for some hot/cold expansion...

Say, carpet...you will need a slight gap all the way around for the tucking the carpet under the hatches, plus the thickness of the carpet will hide any minor imperfections...you could also dress up any edges with some angle aluminum...ooops! nope, that would only work good on the hatch itself, not so much on the deck part, unless you have a stretcher tool to create the outside curves...

Bye now...:redface:

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Good thinking Gus... I like the idea of something around the edges to both: (i) hide my jig saw imperfections; and (ii) dress it up a little. I was thinking a rubber gasket, but I like the idea of aluminum around the hatch....

The deck will likely be just epoxy and non-skid paint....

Hmmmm.....

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

What in the world? What was that all about?

Is Gus mixing adult beverages and posting on iboats again?:rolleyes:

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

I luv u too man!:D

(I had a little holiday nogg tonight)

D

Deleted member 340796

Hey PM, had to pop over and see what happening here and tell say, I THOUGHT OF YOU TODAY! I was sitting in the ole recliner watching Monster Fish on the tube and I saw these guys in their waders leaning forward holding their rainbow trout and 3 type of salmon just in the water while the cameras were showing their great catch. It immediately brought to mind your avatar photo. :couch2::fish:

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Patrick, I just now came across your thread......looks like you are well on your way to getting this lady on the water! Looking forward to your updates!

P.S. I keep getting cut when I read your thread..........:)

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Hey PM, had to pop over and see what happening here and tell say, I THOUGHT OF YOU TODAY! I was sitting in the ole recliner watching Monster Fish on the tube and I saw these guys in their waders leaning forward holding their rainbow trout and 3 type of salmon just in the water while the cameras were showing their great catch. It immediately brought to mind your avatar photo. :couch2::fish:

Thanks AJ - Yep, I love me some fishing.... Unfortunately, I have to make a living (maybe one day I can figure out a way to combine the two)...

Patrick, I just now came across your thread......looks like you are well on your way to getting this lady on the water! Looking forward to your updates!

P.S. I keep getting cut when I read your thread..........:)

Bobby, Glad you found your way over to my little conversion to the dark side... Its been a really fun project so far... Trying to get my stern deck figured out now..

Decker83

Commander

Any new updates on the SN?:peep: Any new vids?:hat:

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

I'm just wonderin if we need to go donate blood for a your transfusion from all the blood you been losin from that Tin Boat that make you BLEED all the time!!!!:whoo:

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Okay friends:
I have been trying to just focus on getting this boat done, which is why I haven't documented my progress as much with videos, etc... However, a couple of you had asked for a video introduction to the boat, and it was a good time to document what I am trying to accomplish on the stern rebuild (as the still pictures don't really show a whole lot)... So, here is a little video update for.... Feel free to fire away with comments, suggestions, etc...

Thanks,
EDIT: Video link does not want to work in this post - reposted below....

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Hmmmm.. Just made it public... Trying it again...