1983 Deck Boat Transom/deck/stringer replacement Help

jbcurt00

Staff member
Re: 1983 Deck Boat Transom/deck/stringer replacement Help

Looking like you put the PRO in that polish! Hull looks great!

Decker83

Commander

Thanks JB and Trooper... I really like the polish.. Easy on and easy off..

Talked my SIL and daughter into helping me today.. They didn't know what they were getting into..:D
They both really helped me out.. Without them the boat would still be hanging and not on the trailer..
Have a few pics..
Just rasied the hull off the cradle..

Here is the SIL, daughter and me attacking the cradle..

Another pic of SIL holding the hull even while I placed the motor lift in place..

Just a couple of shots of the hull back on the trailer..

I sure am glad to see the hull flipped and back on the trailer.. Seems like half of my life time went into getting this far..
I'm looking forward to putting on the deck and laying out all the storage boxes and live wells and all the rest..

Hope everyone has a great week ahead..

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Man O' Man, I plumb forgot how Bee-U-TEE-Full your work was on the Stringers and Bulkheads. I can't wait to see your Finish Work!!! This Deck Boat will be THE Go-To Build for years to come for boats of this style!!!!

Trooper82

Commander

Awesome flip!....I can almost picture all the great work you have planned for the deck.....excited to see what you come up with!

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

I just counted up all those massive stringers, that is a tremendous amount of work behind you man, well done!

jbcurt00

Staff member

Congrats on a successful flip!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Man O' Man, I plumb forgot how Bee-U-TEE-Full your work was on the Stringers and Bulkheads. I can't wait to see your Finish Work!!! This Deck Boat will be THE Go-To Build for years to come for boats of this style!!!!

I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw pic #3 ! Man what a structure ! Unbelievable job so far Decker !

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Congrats on getting another huge milestone behind you. It looks really great! Can't wait to see the new dance floor and then the finishing touches...

Just.plain.awesome.

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

The name of this thread should be "How to Restore a Deck Boat Like a Boss"!!!

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

WOW!
:jaw:
Just caught the shine...it's almost 11PM around here and I had to get some sunglasses on:cool-new:...hull looks slicker than slime on a slug:frog:...

That there is some mighty fine shine, Sir!:thumb:
And a nice flip with a good crew, Congratulations on achieving a major Milestone!:first:

Decker83

Commander

Thanks Wood.. Hope to finish this in my lifetime.. Coming from the expert of i-boats I truly apprecaite your words..

Awesome flip!....I can almost picture all the great work you have planned for the deck.....excited to see what you come up with!

Trooper, I just my need some of your ideals on the deck. Thanks..

I just counted up all those massive stringers, that is a tremendous amount of work behind you man, well done!

Hope you didn't get any itchy stuff on ya.. Glad to see you made it by.. Thanks for the kind words..

Congrats on a successful flip!

Thanks JB it's been a long time coming..

I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw pic #3 ! Man what a structure ! Unbelievable job so far Decker !

SP I really appreciate the kind words coming from a man of your talent..

Congrats on getting another huge milestone behind you. It looks really great! Can't wait to see the new dance floor and then the finishing touches...

Thanks Pmc.. Can't wait to get the new floor in either.. Need to get some more supplies first.
Just.plain.awesome.

The name of this thread should be "How to Restore a Deck Boat Like a Boss"!!!

Jigngrub, Don't know if the Admiral would go for me being a boss, but I do appreciate the kind words..

WOW!
:jaw:
Just caught the shine...it's almost 11PM around here and I had to get some sunglasses on:cool-new:...hull looks slicker than slime on a slug:frog:...

That there is some mighty fine shine, Sir!:thumb:
And a nice flip with a good crew, Congratulations on achieving a major Milestone!:first:

Thank you GT1M.. Coming from a man with all your talents I will take this as a great complent..

Decker83

Commander

It's been a couple of hard weeks for me and my family.. I haven't done any work on the boat..

Had to put my mother in the hospital about 2 weeks back.. She was diagnosed with alzheimer's about 10 years ago..

In the last year her health was deteriorating.. 2 weeks ago the doctors told the family that she had congestive heart failure

and only about 30% use of her heart.. They placed her in Hospice care and she passed away early last Wednesday morning..

We had her funeral Friday.. She would have been 88 years old this December..

She is now in a better place and can be with my father.. I know she is at peace..

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Decker, You have my Heart Felt condolences!!!! Losing a Mother is a difficult thing. My prayers are with you and yours. Take care and be blessed!!!

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

My Dear Friend,
I have just read the very sad news.
I would like to offer my deepest, heartfelt condolences to you and your Family on a very profound loss.
My thoughts and prayers are with you.
God Bless.
Your Friend,
Gus

psykosteel

Seaman Apprentice

Dear Decker,

I don't get on the forums much, but when I read your last post in my email I had to log in and offer my condolences to you and your family for the loss of your mother. My wife and I will hold you in our thoughts and prayers as we have lost both of our mothers over the last two years.

Blessings and well wishes for you and your family,

Arthur

Trooper82

Commander

Sorry for your loss Decker

saginawbayboater

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Decker my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. So sorry for your loss. Alzheimer's is very unfair!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Decker we are so sorry for your loss .. My father passed with Alzheimer's also so I understand what you and your family have gone through.
You and yours are in our prayers ..

jbcurt00

Staff member

My wife & I will keep you & yours in our thoughts & send good thoughts your way. We offer our deepest condolences for you loss.