1983 Deck Boat Transom/deck/stringer replacement Help

Trooper82

Commander
Re: 1983 Deck Boat Transom/deck/stringer replacement Help

Looks like good progress Decker...I'm going to try your tip on line dryer....I have been seing the same thing,from mine....need to get it fixed before paint or gel....

Decker83

Commander

Thanks WOG and Trooper.
Hope moving the filter works as well for you as it did for me.

I did have to blow the line out after I moved the filter to get the remaining water out of the line.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

You are getting sooooooo close to gel coating...and then sanding some more...:facepalm:

The fairing is looking really good...from here it looks like it matches the other side really well...:)

Decker83

Commander

You are getting sooooooo close to gel coating...and then sanding some more...:facepalm:

The fairing is looking really good...from here it looks like it matches the other side really well...:)

Thanks GT1M. From someone who knows about sanding and fairing I'll take that as a great complement from you.
I didn't think it would take this long to do. What do you mean after gelcoat, more sanding. Will it ever end. :eek:

Decker83

Commander

Did alittle work on the hull yesterday and some today. Don't have pics for today.
Cleaned the hull with acetone and cut the 1708 and CSM to lay on the hull.
100_2505.jpg

100_2506.jpg

The glass was cut 15' 6" long for the 1708 and 16' for the CSM by 45" Laid them up wet on wet.

100_2507.jpg

Did some small patches where I ground thur the hull in demolition stage.

Question for Yatch Dr. How some should the last layer of CSM be before the gel coat goes on. Should I just knock down all the ruff or does it need to be real smooth like I did with the inline sander.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

That looks Amazing, Decker...all your hard work is really gonna pay off...

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Wow. Great work... You prolly have Popeye forearms after all that sanding.... I'll defer to yd and others on gel ?. Wish I could help ya.

Decker83

Commander

Thanks GT1M. There's alot of hours sanding but I think it looks 100% better. Just alittle more and gel coat time.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

That was a big layup of glass ! No way I could have made it look that good ..
Awesome progress Decker keep it up !

jbcurt00

Staff member

Nice work! It looks like the inline sander may need to retire when you get this hull flipped :facepalm:

Decker83

Commander

Wow. Great work... You prolly have Popeye forearms after all that sanding.... I'll defer to yd and others on gel ?. Wish I could help ya.
Thanks PMC, I have done so much sanding that I am starting to get used to it. :facepalm: Not sure that I like that statement. :eek:

That was a big layup of glass ! No way I could have made it look that good ..
Awesome progress Decker keep it up !
Sphelps, from all the work I have seen you do in your thread, I don't think there's anything you couldn't do. Thanks!!!

Nice work! It looks like the inline sander may need to retire when you get this hull flipped :facepalm:

JBC, I would like to retire it but I have more plans for it. I'm going to build a center console and I may need it then. Or I might just poor some acetone on it and watch it flame. (LOL)

Jon Sob

Master Chief Petty Officer

Hi Decker ...... I haven't been on much and just wanted to pop in and see how your doing over there. You have really done a great job with that sander .... I can't wait to see it with the gel coat on.

Trooper82

Commander

Sorry I missed your progress over the long weekend Decker...looking great as always...

Decker83

Commander

Hi Decker ...... I haven't been on much and just wanted to pop in and see how your doing over there. You have really done a great job with that sander .... I can't wait to see it with the gel coat on.

Thanks for dropping in Jon Sob it's been a while. Glad to hear from you. The sander and me have gotten very close over the last few months..:D
To tell the truth I can't wait to get the gel coat done either. Still a long haul to go.

Decker83

Commander

Sorry I missed your progress over the long weekend Decker...looking great as always...

Glad you dropped by. Didn't get as much done as I wanted to this last weekend. My mind told me I could get all the small patches done and the remaining glassing done and all of the grinding and sanding done last weekend.
My old body told me I was lucky to get anything done. :facepalm: It's not supposed to be this hot here now. 101 and 102 and 103 deg's.
Did more inside resting than outside work.
Been dropping in on yours and it looks good as gold.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

The sander and me have gotten very close over the last few months..:D

I too, have established a very close relationship with all my sanders...so much so that I have given them all names...funny how they all have the same first name; f...... D/A, f...... Straight Line, f...... Grinder and so on...:eek::facepalm::D

Happy Humpday, Decker

jbcurt00

Staff member

GT, your sanders are all named Frank? :p

Family name: Faulker?

Possibly of german decent: Faulken? :eek:

Wow, I need more sleep, Admiral asked what was so unbelievably funny.........

I truly was LOL

Too OL I guess :facepalm:

Decker83

Commander

I too, have established a very close relationship with all my sanders...so much so that I have given them all names...funny how they all have the same first name; f...... D/A, f...... Straight Line, f...... Grinder and so on...:eek::facepalm::D

Happy Humpday, Decker

That just made my day GT1M. Fell outa the chair laughing on that one.
Right back at ya on Humpday.

Decker83

Commander

GT, your sanders are all named Frank? :p

Family name: Faulker?

Possibly of german decent: Faulken? :eek:

Wow, I need more sleep, Admiral asked what was so unbelievably funny.........

I truly was LOL

Too OL I guess :facepalm:

Funny how the admiral will stick her head in the room and ask (What's so funny) and then turn her nose up and leave the room.

Trooper82

Commander

Funny how the admiral will stick her head in the room and ask (What's so funny) and then turn her nose up and leave the room.

All this time I thought I was the only one that was doing this?..