1983 Deck Boat Transom/deck/stringer replacement Help

Trooper82

Commander
Re: 1983 Deck Boat Transom/deck/stringer replacement Help

Stay Cool!...and hydrated...

I see why you said 98 was a cool down now....shees....

bear_69cuda

Commander

Hey Decker,

Great work brutha, that hull is gonna be sweet!

Have a great weekend!

BigLee324

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Decker , the boat is coming along great, your moving along well.

Decker83

Commander

Hey Decker,

Great work brutha, that hull is gonna be sweet!

Have a great weekend!

Thanks for dropping in. Sorry to see what happened to your boat, but I fully understand your choice. I did not expect to have this much work on the bottom of the hull. Makes me wander what I am doing. Can't stop now.

Decker83

Commander

Well it wasn't as hot Saturday so I did some more fairing and sanding. Sunday I put down the first layer of csm.
I think with alittle more fine tunning I can put down the remaing csm and 1708.

100_2497.jpg

100_2498.jpg

100_2499.jpg

100_2500.jpg

Hope everyone has a good week.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Looking good, wow....

Trooper82

Commander

Yup that is looking mighty fine Decker....hope you were able to stay cool....it was still hot, even if not as hot as it has been....

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Ok I think I'm little confused ..:facepalm: Are you putting fairing down before laying glass to get it close . The gell wont stick to the fairing?
Maybe I'm missing something or maybe my elevators stuck between floors ...

Decker83

Commander

Thanks Trooper. It was 98 deg. on Sat. Alot better than 107 deg. Today was 100 deg. Kept the fan on me all weekend and lots of water and tea.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Hey Decker, what's the rest of your layup schedulet gunna be? What is your final fairing gunna be before Gel coating?

Decker83

Commander

Hey Decker, what's the rest of your layup schedulet gunna be? What is your final fairing gunna be before Gel coating?

Going to do some more sanding to get out the high spots and fill in some low spots. Use the glass bubbles and resin to help with the low spots. Want to lay up one of csm and 1708 all wet on wet then one more of the csm and maybe some of the 6 oz cloth wet on wet.
When I turn the hull over I will put in some more csm and 1708 on the stringer that I have ground down so much. Think this should hold me. Thanks for dropping in. Hope all is going well for you WOG.

rcxdm40

Petty Officer 3rd Class

That is a lot of sanding, looks good. Following this one.

Decker83

Commander

Ok I think I'm little confused ..:facepalm: Are you putting fairing down before laying glass to get it close . The gell wont stick to the fairing?
Maybe I'm missing something or maybe my elevators stuck between floors ...

The fairing is resin and 3m glass bubbles. I used this mix to help ease the sanding. I went over the fairing with csm and will put more csm and 1708 before gel coating. I have taken off alot of glass on the high point of the stringer and I want more glass on the outside to support the hull.

Decker83

Commander

That is a lot of sanding, looks good. Following this one.

Ya it is alot of sanding. Comes with boat restore.
Been looking at your restore. Looks good.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

^^^Thanks Decker I get it now ..;) ^^^^

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

I pity the poor tree stumps when you hit them with that "Tank". Your hull oughta be pretty much "Stump" proof when you're done with her. EXCELLENT work so far. Just wish the heat would give you a break. Only gunna be in the high 80's in Broken Arrow this weekend. I WILL be splashin the BF for SURE. Granson and Son coming to help me so pics and vids will be coming. Hope the temps make it down to Texas to help you out as well!!!!!

Decker83

Commander

I pity the poor tree stumps when you hit them with that "Tank". Your hull oughta be pretty much "Stump" proof when you're done with her. EXCELLENT work so far. Just wish the heat would give you a break. Only gunna be in the high 80's in Broken Arrow this weekend. I WILL be splashin the BF for SURE. Granson and Son coming to help me so pics and vids will be coming. Hope the temps make it down to Texas to help you out as well!!!!!

I hope your right about the stumps. I really don't want to test the theory out to much. Thanks for the Kudo's..
Looking forward to seeing the BF back on the water. I know you are excited about your grandson going with ya.
Hope everything goes great for you and yours..

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Wow, Decker...you are doing a fantastic job of fairing the hull...believe me when I say, I feel your pain...it is looking great, though, and it is a good personal feeling knowing that you are doing it the way you want...I will bet you are "itching" to get some Gel on it...:rolleyes:

Happy Thursday...