1982 Skeeter SS-1 Sport Fisherman Restoration...In Progress

craigweaver

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1982 Skeeter SS-1 Sport Fisherman Restoration...In Progress

That's a nice place Judge. Can you you get your chair up and down there ok? You get it maybe we need an iBoats volunteer weekend to come buld you some ramps!

JDA1975

Lieutenant

thats what I am negotiating ...trying to get seller to knock 10K off price so I can build the ramps lol...the price is not bad, 125K...includes 3 acres, and a detached storage building as well...but it has been on market for a while and I am hoping to appeal to desperation lol

craigweaver

Chief Petty Officer

Good plan! I mean it, I'd give up a weekend to come out and help build ramps. I even have cheap labor I can bring with me, he just likes to use power tools, lol

That's is a good deal even around here. Good luck on the negotiations.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Maybe we could get WOG to come down too if I sweetened the deal w/ a motor delivery?

I made a little sign to get you energized just a tad more for the negoitiations:
JDASon.jpg

:D:cool::)
Best of luck getting the 'new' spread. It looks like a nice place! w/ Envy!
3 acres will hold a lot of overflow upholstery work...... And of course a few extra boats of your own!:facepalm: And trailers needing some killer paint work!

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

I'm there!!!!!

images

If the Deal gets done, I'm sure we could get a crew on site pretty quick.

JDA1975

Lieutenant

Thanks guys, makes a man feel good that so many friends are willing to help...good news is I don't need a ramp...I hadn't noticed, but the driveway I thought went only to back storage, ends in a parking spot behind the back door with a ramp already installed to get rid of the 2-3" drop that was there .... I did not walk around the back when I looked at it, so today the real estate agent came and showed it to me fully....still negotiating the price though since there are so many houses for sale right now, if he wants to sell it, hes going to have to play ball...waiting on counter offer lol

bear_69cuda

Commander

Hey JDA!

Your super talented brutha... Pinewood 's are awesome!

I truly hope that you get that cool house with the great garage/basement shop combo!

craigweaver

Chief Petty Officer

still negotiating the price though since there are so many houses for sale right now, if he wants to sell it, hes going to have to play ball...waiting on counter offer lol

fingers and toes crossed Judge!

jbcurt00

Staff member

Sending positive vibs/thoughts your way! Good deal on finding an up close & ramp access parking space out back! There goes the family Va-Ka in Cherokee Village:(....

Have a good week!

JDA1975

Lieutenant

Sending positive vibs/thoughts your way! Good deal on finding an up close & ramp access parking space out back! There goes the family Va-Ka in Cherokee Village:(....

Have a good week!

It is still in Cherokee Village...only about 1/4 mile from my house now...just better area...no close neighbors, the 3 acres includes the lot across the road as well...just a better fit for me....my projects have overrun the house I am in now lol

Really hope it works out for ya, Judge. Looks like a really nice place. :cool:

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Hey JD
Good luck on the house / shop.
I hope it all works out for you.

take care

Bob

jbcurt00

Staff member

There goes the family Va-Ka in Cherokee Village:(....

I meant soon for a pressing ramp construction project....:D

Good to hear your mail won't have any trouble finding you. I'll just address this big bag of extra cash I got laying around unwanted to:

JDA
C/O Cherokee Village, AR

:rolleyes:

Don't worry, it's in a plain brown wrapper. It is not covered w/ big stickers labeled COLD HARD CASH ENCLOSED! We don't want there to be a delay in delivery...

The land across the street will be perfect for a pole barn, overflow boat storage and a mule!:)

Hope to hear soon, that it works out in your favor! Continued good vibes headed down your way.

JDA1975

Lieutenant

offer was accepted, now I just have to wait on the financing....Also picked up a side job for the summer doing an upholstery job on a 22' ski boat! things may just work out after all

jbcurt00

Staff member

Congrats on both! Hang in there & sometimes it does turn around!

Is it ok to start an upholstery thread for a PAYING gig? Hopefully w/ tons of photos:D

Congrats again! Be well til moving day & get lots of helping hands..

JDA1975

Lieutenant

moving wont be very soon, July at the earliest....I would think it is ok to post progress pics of a paying job if they focus on the project and dont try to advertise for work...Dunno, a moderator might answer that one...nice thing is since it is so close I wont have to "pack" I can move one room at a time...starting with the carport and driveway lol...keep them fingers crossed!

craigweaver

Chief Petty Officer

wahoo Judge! Sounds like a good week to me. Soon a new dry dock location, err I mean house and a funding source for the project? Next thing you know you'll tell me you won the lottery :)

Glad to hear things are looking brighter for ya!

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Congratulations and Best Wishes on getting your offer accepted and the upholstery gig...may the force be with you and yours!

bear_69cuda

Commander

JDA my brutha!

Fantastic!

I'm super happy for you my friend!

bajaunderground

Lieutenant

Congrats on the offer acceptance...now the real work begins!

I look forward to seeing the pics of the upholstery job too (if it's ok?) I think it falls in line with doing projects as it's an area for learning for the rest of us neanderthals...[I would add "it's sew easy, a caveman can do it, but clearly, that's not the case!]