1982 Skeeter SS-1 Sport Fisherman Restoration...In Progress

bajaunderground

Lieutenant
Re: 1982 Skeeter SS-1 Sport Fisherman Restoration...In Progress

JDA,

I'm actually glad to see you haven't posted in a few days...hopefully that means you're taking a break and will come back fully charged. I feel for your situation, but rather focus on the things you don't have, focus on what you do have...A wife who loves and cares for you, a child that adores you to no end, a roof over your head, you're able to work and complete on a project better than most without a disability...you get my point.

In the overall scheme of things the boat is not import, I think it has given you something do, which I believe in life we all need focus and things/projects to keep our hand and minds active. The level at which you've tackled it is to be commended and to not finish it, for whatever reason, is not fair to you nor to your family. Obstacles are just that, obstacles...find a way around it.

We're all rooting for ya!

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Hey JDA,

I know in your world I don't amount to a hill of beans, but I want you to know that you have been, and continue to be, an Inspiration to me.

I have learned much from all that you have done and continue to look forward to seeing the completion of this monumental task that you have undertaken.

It is never easy to do the things we want to do, but when we find a way to get it done, the sense of accomplishment is second to none.

I know this isn't up your alley, so to speak, but I will keep you and yours, in my prayers, that you get everything you need to succeed.

As always, Best Regards,
Gus

Monterey Dreams

Chief Petty Officer

You know my feelings also JDA.
I'm Praying for you and your family also.
Dave

JDA1975

Lieutenant

Nothing to do with boats, but I am still alive and kicking, I hope everyone can forgive my negativity, and I planned to stay clear for a while so it did not spread, but a few who have my other contact info have checked on me and I wanted to show some respect to my friends here and let them know not all hope is lost....I have also been working on the pinewood cars...and as always going way overboard...but it is fun and it is something my son will remember forever...I still remember mine (which is why I am doing a hot rod almost same as my dad did when i was a cub...only better!)

here are some pics of where its at now

some paint

IMG_4042.jpg

Doing interior upholstery

IMG_4046.jpg

engine is in the mail...ordered it about a week ago...

anyhow thanks all for the well wishing, and this too shall pass, I just have to get my mind back in order.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Nice work on the pine car & it's paint! Keep up the good work. Holler at me or PM/email anytime. Glad to see ya.....

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Hey looks to me like that seat could use some upholster-n'

jbcurt00

Staff member

Hey,
I stopped at a thrift store today looking for a cheap donor couch for mine, and snagged a donor couch for you to use for the lil' hot rod you got going there:
donorcouch.jpg
:eek::D:cool: Sorry, couldn't help myself..... Like I said earlier, the car looks great....

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Glad to see ya checkin back in and crankin out one really cool Hot Rod...I bet it smokes the competition...Good Luck and Hang in there Buddy...

Decker83

Commander

Glad to see you are alive and kicking.
That's the main thing to be.

bluelang

Recruit

it's not the work, it's the money...I was naive to think we could afford this on our income...disability is a joke, and with another car payment now we wont have "disposable" income, just being realistic and to see it just sitting is worse then selling it and letting someone else finish it...I am still thinking on it, but if the price is right I will let it go...just don't see it happening anymore...it is all good though, I will probably continue to sew, that's cheap and fun

**** that. You have provided a ton of inspiration, knowledge, and entertainment to the members of this board and people like me who just read your thread without signing in. So here is the deal: make a paypal account and post the info. I will personally donate some $$ to keep your boat going, and I'm sure many other people will as well.

It's not charity, you've earned it. I found this thread by searching for how to do something on google that you posted about, and hundreds or thousands of other people will as well. For all your work, you deserve something back.

We are going to see this boat in the water.

JDA1975

Lieutenant

**** that. You have provided a ton of inspiration, knowledge, and entertainment to the members of this board and people like me who just read your thread without signing in. So here is the deal: make a paypal account and post the info. I will personally donate some $$ to keep your boat going, and I'm sure many other people will as well.

It's not charity, you've earned it. I found this thread by searching for how to do something on google that you posted about, and hundreds or thousands of other people will as well. For all your work, you deserve something back.

We are going to see this boat in the water.

Well, that makes a man feel good, to see a first time poster telling him that his page has helped...While I appreciate the idea, I would not do that, not only would it be against forum rules, it would also go against my own values.

After several inspiring phone calls/texts and forum postings I have decided that the project will continue, thanks guys (you know who you are). I will be continuing my current break in order to get my head straight and adjust to my new meds (apparently mood changes are a side effect, don't ask!)

Anyways the hotrod got a re-power...almost looks like I planned for this engine (less than an 1/8" clearance)

IMG_4051.jpg

IMG_4052.jpg

IMG_4054.jpg

whether it will roll down the track or not (my hot rod car as a cub scout myself never left the starting line, but looked good) has yet to be seen, but if nothing else it should win for show!

jbcurt00

Staff member

I don't see any seatbelts in this hotrod!

Glad you were able to get some stuff changed & that it helped!

Yep, step back and look at that gorgeous hull & trailer. Hated to think you'd have to see it headed up the street behind another tow vehicle.

After I get the Rocket tuned up, had a communication disorder w/ that guy, someone else will be getting my business, I'll send you some extreme sewing pix. Who says those guys w/ irons are the only ones to have any fun...... Nobody, that's who!:eek: At least none that will get to sit on my boat upholstery.....:facepalm:

Still on hold working on mine:mad:, & I thought we were making headway, but nope, just no worse! So for now I'll take it! Keep on keeping on, 1 step is still 1 step. I've been doing a lot of window shopping & taking notes, making plans....

glnbnz

Chief Petty Officer

Love the pinewood derby car JDA...the flames are a nice touch!! :)

bear_69cuda

Commander

Wow JDA...

That's a killer PDC!

I hope it dominates on the track!

JDA1975

Lieutenant

All done with my pinewood car...maybe now I will do some sewing....

IMG_4056.jpg

I cant for the life of me figure out how to get the front of radiator to look like a chromed grill....any suggestions? metallic paint just doesn't cut it

IMG_4057.jpg

IMG_4058.jpg

IMG_4060.jpg

jbcurt00

Staff member

Aluminum foil? Done like gold leaf?

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Found these, usually available at a good hooby store or through the net...

http://woodlandscenics.woodlandscenics.com/show/Item/MG764/page/1

They have a fairly extensive selection, but I don't think they have any foils...

You might try looking for dry transfer foils or foils decals on the net???

I love the green vinyl interior!

You have done a nice job on this, heck between this and the boat, you could feasibly open up a custom hot rod and boat restoration shop...:rolleyes::D

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Nice interior!!!!:D

Monterey Dreams

Chief Petty Officer

How about flames on the skeeter?;)
Car looks great!
Dave:D

jbcurt00

Staff member

Great work, hope to see it w/ a Best Shine & Show award soon!