1982 Skeeter SS-1 Sport Fisherman Restoration...In Progress

jbcurt00

Staff member
Re: 1982 Skeeter SS-1 Sport Fisherman Restoration...In Progress

If these results have been on a sub-par machine (1st 1 you sold) or on a slightly out of adjustment Rocketeer (new rig) then you'll be a man on fire when you get the Rocketeer back from service:D

Hope the rest gets ya back where we need ya to be:) Rest up based on the above work, you've earned it!!!

I understand the need for a break. I've been sidelined from the garage & working part-time for 9days:redface:. Waste of all this GT1M-like weather. It was still partly sunny & almost 60 out when I got home today & yesterday was slightly more clouds & above 50:mad:

Maybe back on it this weekend.

BobsGlasstream

Commander

JD,
Looks like you are getting pretty handy with that machine.
Nice work

jbcurt00

Staff member

Hey JDA, just checking in on the patient (sewing machine) and its operator....

Hope all is good w/ both, have a good weekend!

craigweaver

Chief Petty Officer
Judged, I hope you're hanging in there bro. It's looking like I'm picking up a sewing machine of my own this weekend. I blame you and the candy man (wood!) You have made me think I could actually pull the seats off on my own.

Hope you're feeling better. We miss you.

JDA1975

Lieutenant

I am doing as well as can be expected....my insurance pays over 8000 bucks a month just to reduce my immune system, so a common cold can really kick my arse...but at least my immune system is leaving my brain alone lol...thanks for the well wishes, this too shall pass...and craig I saw your machine...I dub thee......Pinky!

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Hang in there Judge.

jbcurt00

Staff member

..and craig I saw your machine...I dub thee......Pinky!

Harsh. Funny, but harsh!

Keep on keeping on, and glad you're fighting the good fight.

Have a good weekend!

bear_69cuda

Commander

Well wishes my friend, I hope you get some deserved rest, feel better soon, and can get back on the Skeeter attack ASAP!

The interior look great!

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Seats/Console look great! You are definitely getting the hang of this upholstery work...

Just popped in to say...
GET WELL SOON!!!

Hey, Judge. Just stopped by to let ya know I haven't stopped following your thread, but I think the old Skeeter is gonna be one sharp lookin' ride. Get up the good work, and I hope you get to feeling better.

JDA1975

Lieutenant

So good news was my wife woke me up early to tell me that our tax return money was deposited....yay boat money...maybe....nope, not any boat money for me....

I did get my truck back, from my wife, so she wont be racking up the excessive mileage on it anymore, but it cost me 17K...that's messed up...I buy a truck...then gotta spend another 17k so I could drive my truck!

what 17k gets ya now days....a happy wife, and an empty boat fund....

0204121541.jpg

I thought I had it figured out, we had 2500 from return so if I only put 1500 down, I could keep 1k for my boat...I forgot Arkansas is a lump sum sales tax state, meaning you don't pay tax at the dealer and finance it, you pay the sales tax when you register, so there goes my 1K boat fund....oh well I will just keep nickel and diming my way through it, but the spring splash is looking unlikely

bajaunderground

Lieutenant

Someone (I believe Salty87) said, "If wife ain't happy, ain't no one happy" Congrats on the "happy wife" I have a saying I think you can relate with...

"I've done so much with so little for so long, I can pretty much doing anything with nothing!" Consider the lack of funds a challenge!

Decker83

Commander

Well all being said, at least the wife is HAPPY.
Hope you get to feeling better soon.

jbcurt00

Staff member

no boat money for me....I did get my truck back, have a happy wife, but now an empty boat fund....

oh well I will just keep nickel and diming my way through it....

All the more time to work on your upholstery then:) Maybe now would be a good time to talk to the guy about his pontoon cushions.....

It'd still be boat work:D and that could lead to funds for the Skeeter project...........

Hey, get your your Slant machine back yet? What's that service run in your neck of the woods? I missed the time to call the place close to me today. Need sewing machine oil and a few toothbrushes to clean it up all nice & pretty for it's photo;)

JDA1975

Lieutenant

I went to one place and he wanted 79 bucks to put it on his table, plus started naming things, like the bobbin winder was going to need replacing (without even taking it out of my truck mind you) and nameless others, so he said it would be at least 140, so I left, and in a hurry...

Talked to a lady at a sewing shop and she said he is shady like that, but gave me the name of an old man who has been doing it forever....took it to him, he said 30 bucks, I said I wanted the carbon brushes cleaned on the motor too, he said OK 10 more bucks....

I am supposed to get it back Monday, so 40 bucks seemed a lot more appropriate to clean and lube the machine and fine tune the timing. Will let ya know how it works.

I did buy me some zippers today, for the bottom seat cushions since they will be my "emergency flotation cushions" that I can grab and throw out to someone, Will have 100' of rope permanently attached to the bottom of cushion and coiled up under the seat, and do not want a hard wooden bottom to hit someone with when I throw it

jbcurt00

Staff member

the name of an old man who has been doing it forever....took it to him, he said 30 bucks, I said I wanted the carbon brushes cleaned on the motor too, he said OK 10 more bucks...Great!

Will have 100' of rope permanently attached to the bottom of cushion and coiled up under the seat, and do not want a hard wooden bottom to hit someone with when I throw it. Yeah, not so great!

Have a good Sun!

JDA1975

Lieutenant

So to satisfy my need to keep my hands busy, I started working on the Pinewood car for scouts...Making a hot-rod...shaping it still, and plan to buy a model car to use the engine, steering wheel and windshield from it...

IMG_4025.jpg

so there ya go, couldn't be my thread if I did not find something to derail it with!

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

R U gunna Paint it Green and Tan and Make an Upholstered Seat for it????:D

craigweaver

Chief Petty Officer
nice car Judge! Oh yeah, the pinewood derby car looks good 2, lol... Our sayin here is if momma aint happy aint nobody happy. Just keep makin momma happy and you'll have all the boat time you want :)

jbcurt00

Staff member

I think that derby car needs a nice Auburn Boat-tail speedster grill & tapered trunk :

grill.jpgtrunk.jpg Green & tan w/ matching custom upholstery! Grn W Nvy custom license plate..........

Car looks good Judge!