Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1982 Skeeter SS-1 Sport Fisherman Restoration....Hull question

To you and your family (and the scouts!) as well :D

BobsGlasstream

Commander

I hope you got everything you wanted or at least needed.
Merry Christmas.

JDA1975

Lieutenant

Several family members gave me cash, checks, and gift cards to various places to buy boating stuff...ended up cashing it in and sending money to a friend who needed help getting home for Christmas...call me a sucker, but it made me feel good lol...Wife is upset because she knows from experience when I help people they never pay me back, but one can hope....or at least hope that eventually I learn my lesson lol

zopperman

Lieutenant Commander

Several family members gave me cash, checks, and gift cards to various places to buy boating stuff...ended up cashing it in and sending money to a friend who needed help getting home for Christmas...call me a sucker, but it made me feel good lol...Wife is upset because she knows from experience when I help people they never pay me back, but one can hope....or at least hope that eventually I learn my lesson lol

Giving. THAT is the true spirit of christmas (coming from a Jew lol) :D Glad to hear your holiday went well.

Hey Judge, thought I'd share an idea with ya. I did this on my boat before I started tearing it down, and it turned out to be a pretty good investment. I had a plate cut out ot replace the factory plate up on the front deck so that it would have a plug for my tm and a 12v accessory outlet. Just thought I'd show you the one I had, for your reference.Skeeter Plate.jpg It isn't perfect, and needs repainted, but it's pretty cool IMO

JDA1975

Lieutenant

I like that...do you have a backing plate for it so nothing gets thru the skeeter cut out? if I did something similiar maybe a piece of colored plexi and put a back light! thanks for the idea man

Colored plexi was what I was going to do / a small led light mounted behind it to light it and the deck up, but I didn't get around to it. I plan on doing it when I get there on my restore, though. If I'm not mistaken, I think I may have another one still that the holes weren't quite big enough, so they just "burnt" me another one out. If you wanted it, you would be welcome to it.

JDA1975

Lieutenant

appreciate the offer, perhaps when I reach that point in the restore if you come across it by them I may take you up on it...looks pretty cool

JDA1975

Lieutenant

Feel like my boat is in a stall period...I have all this motivation to work on it, but nothing I can do really until I get to glass....gonna go crazy waiting for warmer weather...the guy I loaned my Christmas boat money to actually paid me back so I got my wiring materials that I was still lacking, but that's only going to be a day or 2 worth of work tops, being such a small boat without a lot of bells and whistles. Only have 6 circuits to run and a couple of battery cables to put in place.

JDA1975

Lieutenant

Got all my wiring pulled today...haven't hook it up to the bus/fuse box yet, will do that after the cap work is all done...just marked everything and now I can flip the cap over and get to work on it. running 1 circuit at a time was a lot less daunting than trying to figure out what was there already and remedy the 30 years of poor modifications!

Monterey Dreams

Chief Petty Officer

Hey JDA
I just wanted to hijack your thread also so I could be wishing you a happy new year and let you know that I am following you closely here. I am starting plans for my fuel and wiring to be started very soon and I am a little apprehensive about it. I know next to nothing about electrical and wiring.
Dave

JDA1975

Lieutenant

Thanks Dave, I am in pretty much the same boat you are...I have experience with AC wiring, but very little DC (other than wiring a few components etc.) So felt somewhat overwhelmed with the wiring that was left on the boat. The electronics forum here has some awesome reads, I understand it a lot better. And my choice to strip the wiring out and rewire it myself, I believe, was the right choice. This way there are no unknowns to deal with.

craigweaver

Chief Petty Officer
Alright Judge, I needs some pics of how you ran that wiring so I can figure it out for my project! :)

EZ, I like the panel. I'll have to keep it in mind for my project as well!

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1982 Skeeter SS-1 Sport Fisherman Restoration...In Progress

Woody likes this....

http://www.cncphotoalbum.com/doityourself/wiring/wiring.htm

11666d1172161592-typical-wiring-schematic-diagram-instrumentpanelwiring.jpg

JDA1975

Lieutenant

will get ya some pictures once everything is tied off and secured...right now it looks bad sloppy!

IMG_3788.jpg

IMG_3787.jpg

I just got them pulled and generally placed where they will need to go....I am still trying to work out where I want to place my courtesy lighting since my gunwales are pretty much closed off....was thinking of putting a light in each of the side seats with a plexiglass cover, so that the light comes out, but isn't overly bright, and serves a dual purpose of lighting up my storage boxes....

JDA1975

Lieutenant

got the wiring tied together....need to get some clips still to attach them to hull...the old fuse block in the picture will be gone, I plan to close in the gunwale in that area and leave an access panel and put my fuse and ground bus panel in there to keep things neat and tidy.

IMG_3791.jpg

IMG_3790.jpg

IMG_3792.jpg

I also got my transom cut...glued...and redneck clamped on the table

IMG_3793.jpg

IMG_3794.jpg

after seeing a lot of the transoms that have been made here..I count myself fortunate since mine is so easy straight lines all around!

craigweaver

Chief Petty Officer
Lookin good Judge! Can't wait to start putting mine back together. Just make sure that table isn't sagging with all those redneck car jacks on it ;)

JDA1975

Lieutenant

Thanks Craig, still watching you guys go..at the rate your making progress you should be splashed pretty quick!

So dry fit of the transom went well....

IMG_3796.jpg

IMG_3797.jpg

Wishing I had went ahead and purchased my fiberglass materials...December 31st, and the last 3 days have been 60+ degrees, and the next few are supposed to be the same. I could have done some glass work for sure. I'll get all my stuff cut and fitted though and when it comes time to glass I will be ready!

Decker83

Commander

The transom looks great.
We had 74 degrees here in dallas today. Did a little on mine.

Have a awesome New Year.

Kent